Do Not Sell My Personal Information

12V Power Plug

john5

Hi

The 12v. power plug in the little pocket in front on the gearstick isn't working, how much of a job is it to get it out and replace it.

cheers

John.

mine also not working.. i just changed the fuse.. so will go to Ford... i am sure it did work on previous sat nav.. not sure if something has gotten in there or broken,.....

mine also not working.. i just changed the fuse.. so will go to Ford... i am sure it did work on previous sat nav.. not sure if something has gotten in there or broken,.....

remove the fuse and look in the socket for the lighter theres two metal strips either side use a small flat screwdriver and bend them in towards the inside of the socket replace fuse and see if it works if these dont make contact it wont work

Just a thought, Is your plug long enough? lol. We've tried using one of those USB cig lighter adaptors in a Peugeot and its centre pin just didn't make contact at the back. We therefore had no sat nav on a trip to the Isle of Wight. It always worked in my Focus but the Peugeot's socket was just too deep!

I had this same problem today! got the car this week so havnt used it, plugged the sat nav in and didnt realise it wasnt charging, half way through my journey it died and I had no idea where to go, no map either :lol: , managed to find where I was going with sign posts luckily. I will be checking the fuse in the morning B)

Tried the fuse and bending the metal strips in the socket out still no good, so back to square one. How much of a job is it to get out and replace.

Cheers

John.

mine had something I couldnt see, stuck in it.. now works. Ford got it out... maybe similar?

it died and I had no idea where to go, no map either
That'll teach you to put all your eggs in one technological basket, young man :rolleyes:

Being old, I haven't got out of the habit of keeping a map in the car and I often find the satnav doesn't take me by the route I want to go. I can't be bothered with the hassle of entering exclusions and suchlike so I'll usually plan the route with a map and use the satnav to home in on the final destination if it's in a town or city, and it has proved very useful on occasion used that way. I've also found it quite useful using Google streetview to get a view of the destination when it's somewhere unfamiliar.

I know my son has got lost on a number of occasions when his satnav took him on a completely screwball route. Like a lot of modern technology they are best regarded as an aid but best not to put too much reliance on them.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club