Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help With Private Reg!

Jack7

Alright everyone, Im very close to buying a used zetec S diesel and its got a private plate on it. The dealer says because the people who bought it wanted the private reg on it from day 1 and insisted on it when they ordered it it never had an original reg it was always the private reg. Now the woman is taking the reg onto her new car so the dealer says he has to get the dvla to make a new 2009 reg for the car.

Does this make sense? It confused me and I just wanted to see if you all agreed with what the dealer said.

Cheers :D

Yes thats correct it takes a week or two to get the documents (V5) from the DVLA so the dealer can't give you the car until they have them.

I had the same issue. So frustating lol :rolleyes:

Yes thats correct it takes a week or two to get the documents (V5) from the DVLA so the dealer can't give you the car until they have them.

I had the same issue. So frustating lol :rolleyes:

Yep , thats correct , as above

its correct and often you can haggle a bit off for the trouble - demand you want it now or threaten to walk away, and see if they will knock something off in exchange for your patience :P

its correct and often you can haggle a bit off for the trouble - demand you want it now or threaten to walk away, and see if they will knock something off in exchange for your patience :P

It is correct and not all that uncommon. It's a simple process but does take a couple of weeks depending how efficient Swansea are feeling.

As "orcomma" suggests, try and use it haggle for some money off or for some freebies!

Cheers

Rog

Cheers guys!

Ive not had much luck tbh, told the guy i wanted it delivered up and i wasnt putting down a deposit until i saw some clearer pictures of the car, he said yeah fair enough i called tonight and he'd left and even bothered to take them! Its as if cuz these zs's sell relatively quickly that they dont really care if you buy it or not ;/

Cheers guys!

Ive not had much luck tbh, told the guy i wanted it delivered up and i wasnt putting down a deposit until i saw some clearer pictures of the car, he said yeah fair enough i called tonight and he'd left and even bothered to take them! Its as if cuz these zs's sell relatively quickly that they dont really care if you buy it or not ;/

Exactly mate, a lot of Zs' are gone before the pics are even put up on the website.

Exactly mate, a lot of Zs' are gone before the pics are even put up on the website.

Its amazing the difference in how ive been treated by dealers when buying a zs with all the extras compared to when i bought my bog standard 1.2 mk6.

Shocking imo but i guess the cars sell themselves really!

get a titty with dress up kit instead - then you get the luxuries (not available with the powerful 1.6 petrol tho, but then im a diesel guy

get a titty with dress up kit instead - then you get the luxuries (not available with the powerful 1.6 petrol tho, but then im a diesel guy

I second that..definitely the better option

I second that..definitely the better option

Not for me sorry!

I'm that powerful petrol guy lol :D

Haha no way I can afford a titanium with dress up kit :P

Its a zetec S Diesel that ive put a deposit on :)

Only thing thats annoying is ive spoke to various different guys at the dealer and im still waiting to see some better detailed pictures of the car..

Haha no way I can afford a titanium with dress up kit :P

Its a zetec S Diesel that ive put a deposit on :)

Only thing thats annoying is ive spoke to various different guys at the dealer and im still waiting to see some better detailed pictures of the car..

Last year I checked out a MK6 Zs, asked for photos.. jeezeee took ages!

Last year I checked out a MK6 Zs, asked for photos.. jeezeee took ages!

I totally fell for the rookie dealer move, well im pretty sure they were lieing :P

I said to them I wasnt putting down a deposit yday until i saw pictures, so today they were going to send them and they called me to say the car had now sold, I starting ranting at the guy about how I was going to put it down if they'd sent the pics yday, he puts me on hold comes back and said the guy hasnt actually done it yet but is calling back in an hour.. and i bailed and put the deposit down aha :(

Still waiting on the pictures as well.. lol

if its a dealer, your deposit should be subject to a test drive and viewing... Mine was...

If i hadnt liked the car for any reason... and i mean any... i would have got my deposit back...

I totally fell for the rookie dealer move, well im pretty sure they were lieing :P

I said to them I wasnt putting down a deposit yday until i saw pictures, so today they were going to send them and they called me to say the car had now sold, I starting ranting at the guy about how I was going to put it down if they'd sent the pics yday, he puts me on hold comes back and said the guy hasnt actually done it yet but is calling back in an hour.. and i bailed and put the deposit down aha :(

Still waiting on the pictures as well.. lol

hook, line and sinker :lol:

I was lucky enought NOT to fall for that trick he was soooo determined to get me to put a deposit down without even seeing a picture!

Walked right away from that one ;)

There are pictures online but i want more detailed pictures, I also got him to agree that the deposit would be refunable if I wasnt happy with the pictures hha.

There are pictures online but i want more detailed pictures, I also got him to agree that the deposit would be refunable if I wasnt happy with the pictures hha.

Is it too far to go see it in person?

Also when I had a deposit refunded once it was in the form of a cheque two weeks later! <_<

Is it too far to go see it in person?

Also when I had a deposit refunded once it was in the form of a cheque two weeks later! <_<

Yeah its 200 miles away so I need to get them to drive it up!

Yeah its 200 miles away so I need to get them to drive it up!

Ahh I see mate, are you getting it delivered free of charge or is it costing you?

Ahh I see mate, are you getting it delivered free of charge or is it costing you?

They work with an external delivery thing so it was a pound a mile, so they wanted £220! I said I wasn't prepared to pay that much & that if they would do it for £100 then I'd think about it. He called back later and its gonna be 100 :) Plus i got him to give me £200 more for my car so it kinda balances out lol

They work with an external delivery thing so it was a pound a mile, so they wanted £220! I said I wasn't prepared to pay that much & that if they would do it for £100 then I'd think about it. He called back later and its gonna be 100 :) Plus i got him to give me £200 more for my car so it kinda balances out lol

Not too bad then mate!

What pics have you got then? Please share... ;)

Not too bad then mate!

What pics have you got then? Please share... ;)

None yet.. they took the deposit this morning and theyve meant to have taken the photos today and sent them to me but so far nada :(

None yet.. they took the deposit this morning and theyve meant to have taken the photos today and sent them to me but so far nada :(

Same story I've had photo guy not in blah blah hope you get them soon!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club