Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Focus Power Fold Mirrors

Wickwick10_1

Now the ice has started to appear - can anyone tell me if you can turn off the power fold mirrors on a new 61 plate Focus Titanium as they creaked a little this morning and can see this getting worse when we have colder mornings , I have checked the menu and no option and the dealer said they don't know and to book it in which I can't be arsed. My mk7 fiesta Zetec S had an option to link to lock but can't see this on Focus - If it can't be done its a pretty crap as the winter will ruin the power fold.

Now the ice has started to appear - can anyone tell me if you can turn off the power fold mirrors on a new 61 plate Focus Titanium as they creaked a little this morning and can see this getting worse when we have colder mornings , I have checked the menu and no option and the dealer said they don't know and to book it in which I can't be arsed. My mk7 fiesta Zetec S had an option to link to lock but can't see this on Focus - If it can't be done its a pretty crap as the winter will ruin the power fold.

What a good question, and I'll be quite interested to hear the outcome. I know that with my ST Mondeo I dare not fold the mirrors in when its icy. I suspect that if the mirrors do freeze up then a circuit breaker will trip out?

surely theres a fuse for them that could be removed if theres not option to switch them off

Well I can't find a way to stop them folding ? Ford said to book it in ??? Personally waste of time as I can look myself , they creaked today and that's first frost !!

Won't take fuse out - but should be option to turn off as I can see a frost giving the mirrors a hard time opening !!!!

Won't take fuse out - but should be option to turn off as I can see a frost giving the mirrors a hard time opening !!!!

Any word back from the dealer about this yet?

wickwick m8, i had previously pug 407 sport with power mirrors and all thru that last winter here in scotland they never had a prob opening or closing.

singer61

Hi, if you manually fold them before you lock the car then they will not automatically unfold when you unlock the doors. Page 73 of my manual:

"Electric folding mirrors"

"Automatic folding and unfolding

Note: If the mirrors have been folded

using the manual fold button they can only

be unfolded using the manual fold button."

Mine aren't giving me any issues and the ones on my Mk Mondeo didn't have a problem even when it was down to well below zero temps....

Chris

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Well, I've come onto here looking for the same answer as Chris, the original poster of the question. A few have answered but without offering much as an actual answer.

I have recently taken delivery of a new 2015 Focus and wished also to disable the auto mirror fold-when-locking function. Pulling the fuse will not help since that will stop the manual fold won't it? Like Chris, we had a Fiesta prev. which had a menu function available to do the job but with this car I'm blowed if I can find it.

Rather than ice and snow conditions, in my case I merely want to reduce the number of operations on the mirror fold systems to prolong the life.

The car is a peach but overloaded badly with 'gizmos' most of which are nice to have but of little use. Why no menu for this?

Come on guys, is it in there somewhere or have we had our chips on this 'want'?