Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Chip'in it?

chris4489

Hey Guys,

Sorry about these questions...

Should i get the chip for my 1.8 TDCi Focus, as it increases BHP by 32% to 151 bhp and also Increases Fuel Aconemy (Makes it do more miles per gallon)

Do you think this is a good idea? or not worth it?

Chris =D

Hey Guys,

Should i get the chip for my 1.8 TDCi Focus, as it increases BHP by 32% to 151 bhp and also Increases Fuel Aconemy (Makes it do more miles per gallon)

Chris =D

Hi Chris,

it is always a personal desision to chip or not to chip. Shakespear's question so to say.

It is a good idea in my point of view. Will give you a smile and more pleasure to drive your beast.

Beware though

- you need to let your insurance know and they are likely to raze the fee.

- if the car is on warranty it will make the warranty void if you don't return to original ecu settings before any visit to the dealer, even for light maintenance as oil change

- once you start it is a never ending story and you are likely to spend a lot of money in future on filters/coilovers/exhaust etc. Not that it is a bad thing just one needs to be aware of :D

Good luck

If you are going to theres no better time to do it. Bluefin is 20% off in January from Superchips, making it £391 instead of £499

A chip is good but for better gains if you can afford it would be to go with an intercooler and remap. Mate says that www.tdci.co.uk is the place to find out info on it.

Hey Guys,

Chris =D

You shouldn't start a post by apologising for asking a question (that's what a forum is for! :unsure: )

I'm by no means knowledgeable on chipping any vehicle but you've got to consider can it really handle an extra 32% hp? I'm sure Ford will have built in safety factors so that it will but you've got to account for extra wear and tear on engine parts, tyres etc. I'm sure the map will also be better engineered to give better fuel economy but with the extra power you'll be tempted to drive everywhere faster so you'll probably end up using more fuel!

Having said all the above you sound like a young man - go for it, it'll be fun; life's too short!! :lol:

• 2 months later...

I chipped my ST focus and its amazingly different.Bluefin say an extra 50 bhp and as do demon tweeks where i got it from and it does make a difference.the turbo now boosts to 1.2 bar and 4th gear is just amazing from any speed!although i would say dont turn off the esp in the wet or you will have no tyres at the end of that day!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club