Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Move Internal Roof Handles

irl-06lx

Hi all, brand new here so go easy!

Just picked up my first car that I own myself, used to share with my dad and brother.

Have a 2006 Focus LX, really pleased with it!

In the Polo I drove before, there was a handle on the roof on the drivers side and I found it really comfortable to put my hand up to it at traffic lights etc. In the Focus there isn't one there but the two caps to cover the holes are there.

I'd love to take on out of the back (Never really have passengers, and its my car so my needs are greater than theirs!) and put it on the drivers side.

I assume its a simple case of 2 hex head screws and away you go but any insight and help would be great. I tried pulling the caps off the drivers side but they didn't come easily and I am really afraid of breaking something on the new car.

Any tips/tricks would be great!

Regards

Hiya and welcome

Instead of removing one from the rear why not goto the scrap yard and remove one , i know the rear ones come off very easily but not tried removing the front as i have sunglasses holder there

Wouldn't have thought there'd be many 06 focus's in a scrap yard?!

had a look today and it seems there is a trick to getting them off, anyone got any idea how it'd work?

Wouldn't have thought there'd be many 06 focus's in a scrap yard?!

I cant help you with getting the caps off, however you would be supprised, check eBay for focus' being broken for spares, email around the different breakers asking for the handle as it proberbly wont be something they see as worth listing.

Will do, sounds like a great idea. thanks

Any idea what the proper name for those handles are? Comfort handles, ceiling handles or what? Just makes a huge difference when searching

Will do, sounds like a great idea. thanks

Any idea what the proper name for those handles are? Comfort handles, ceiling handles or what? Just makes a huge difference when searching

I dont know of a 'proper' name for them, perhaps interior roof handles.

Like I said, you proberbly wont find much searching for them. Just try find some simular model's to yours that are being broken for parts and email the company breaking them. Theres plenty of focus' on there!

Call around your local breakers, and you would be surprised, I believe they may even be the same shape from the MK1 focus, as they didnt change them much - besides, the alternative is calling your dealer and asking for a quote for one or two handles???

I dont know of a 'proper' name for them, perhaps interior roof handles.

Like I said, you proberbly wont find much searching for them. Just try find some simular model's to yours that are being broken for parts and email the company breaking them. Theres plenty of focus' on there!

The proper name is 'Grab Handle'

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club