Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Fitting Daytime Running Lights Focus Mk2.5

Preee

:) Thanks for the Pin Stef , i hope the guide helps people who want to fit these type of DRL's

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Just Purchased a set of these,

looking foward to getting them fitted using this guide will make it very easy.

Nice one Lenny can't wait to see them fitted :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just recieved my set of DRL's in the post today from Taiwan

purchased them through eBay from this seller

cost me £98.98 http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/220963630409?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%3A80%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_from%3DR40%26_trksid%3Dm570.l1313%26_nkw%3D220963630409%26_sacat%3DSee-All-Categories%26_fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

supplied with tracking number on dispatch from Taiwan took 7 working days to get here in ireland and luckily no import tax may be due to the seller included an invoice for Mini Cooper Replacement Wheel centre cap Cover Kit and valued them at $12.00

no dash switch supplied though, so im a bit disapointed about that, but the drls are quality,

roll on to this weekend and i can get them fitted B)

Image1660.jpg

Image1662.jpg

They look the same as mine Lenny , have you checked if they they have the extra wire for indicator dimming? , if not then they are the same as mine :)

• Like 1

So that's another part that fell off the car and needs putting back on then? ;)

Your missus will think it has leprosy. :P

• Like 1

They look the same as mine Lenny , have you checked if they they have the extra wire for indicator dimming? , if not then they are the same as mine :)

Hi,

i hope they are the samemate, yours are quality B) Im not sure if their is a wire for the indicator dimming,

heres the wiring configuration black,blue,red and white cables leading to the transformers then a black and red on the other side of the transformer to the DRL.the supplied instructions are in chinese and not great, so ill be using your guide word for word mate.

So that's another part that fell off the car and needs putting back on then? ;)

Your missus will think it has leprosy. :P

:D Just remembered this sunday is Mothor's day so i better get her somthing,

and fit the drl's on saturday not sunday lol

• Like 1

Excellent Guide Preee,

it was a Great Help to me today, i printed it out and had it to hand was ideal because it was bucketing down and my laptop would have been destroyed lol but the results were well worth getting wet for. and i managed to mount the modulators to the rear of the battery box took an hour to get the battery and the box out though so as i could drill and mount them, they dim when the parking lights are switched on and everything,

took it for a run down town after fitting and had two other focus owners looking at them as i drove by at 15kmh lol

very very happy with this modification :D

Image1670.jpg

Image1672.jpg

Image1700.jpg

Image1699_1.jpg

Hey Lenny Your car is my car's Twin now m8 , very well done on the fitting they look great :)

• Like 1

Hey Lenny Your car is my car's Twin now m8 , very well done on the fitting they look great :)

:lol: cheers mate hope you dont mind all the copying im doing from you,

i wish mine had the black headlights like yours though, im not a fan of the silver ones that are on it.

:lol: cheers mate hope you dont mind all the copying im doing from you,

i wish mine had the black headlights like yours though, im not a fan of the silver ones that are on it.

Lenny if i did not want to be copied i would charge you £75 per guide :)

I have never noticed that my head lights are black lol

• Like 1

Lenny if i did not want to be copied i would charge you £75 per guide :)

I have never noticed that my head lights are black lol

hmm £75 sound like a fermiler figure, ive heard that price mentiond on here before, think it was in the fiesta section ;)

i feel like a propper stalker now im noticing things about your car that you didnt even notice yourself lol

if you ever get sick of the newly found black headlights and decide you would much prefer a chrome set, then contact me A-sap mate :D

Lenny

Your next job is this:

img0090jk.jpg

To This

img0088ww.jpg

• Like 1

Yes Clive

It was my failed attempt at rear DRL's lol , i put 6 Bright LED's into the indicator cluster's with my home made DRL controllers , but you could not see them in Day light lol.

So i removed the circuit and wired them to the rear lights instead so it gives the ST look at night.

With all my playing around with the ELM 327 i have not got around to writing the guide yet.

Yes i have been lazy :(

• Like 1

the Dual Tail light mod is also on my list,

But unfortunitly i have to get the car serviced next month and its the third srevice 55,000km so im expecting it to cost me in the reigon of 300euro due to the eloys fluid needing topping up,

so my next purchase is one of those diagnostic connectors, and some Osram Night Breaker Plus H1 and H7. then its service time,

Let us know how it goes fitting them drl's Lenny, this is something I wanna do next. :)

Hi mate,

ive fitted them yesterday, very happy with the results and they dim when the lights are turned on too,

i followed prees guide only difference i fitted the controllers to the back of the battery box.

Image1684.jpg

Image1685.jpg

Image1696.jpg

Image1700.jpg

Image1699_1.jpg

Cool they look well nice, we're they easy to fit ?

Thanks mate,

They were very easy and enjoyable to fit following pree’s guide,

I also fitted a switch next to the diagnostic slot the same as pree’s guide and run a twin core feed from it to the positive feed of the DRL’s enabling me to switch them off completely if needs be.

I cut the DRL positive feed in half then spliced the black feed to one end and the red feed to the other, thus filtering the positive feed and running it through the switch.

But I had a few times that got hard but that was only because I got perticular and wanted to fit the controllers to the rear of the battery box,

which meant I had to disconnect the cable connector to the engine fuse box, then disconnect the battery, remove the battery and store it upstairs in the house because a cement floor will zap the life out of it,

Then manoeuvre the battery box to get it out of there, followed my purchasing some M5x30 cheese head bolts and nuts,

I marked up the area for the controllers. followed by drilling the holes with a 4.5mm drill bit, not a 5mm thus allowing the 5mm bolts to thread their way through the battery box, resulting in a tight fit particularly when you grind the excess bolt from the inside of the battery box, the bolt will get hot and bond to the battery box so there is no chance they would vibrate loose.

Image1690.jpg

if fitting the controllers to the rear of the battery box, you need to fit them if the same formation as I have on mine, because they won’t fit side by side due to some part of the car being on the right side of the battery box,

Image1681.jpg

do not fear that the battery will rub off the bolts because there is around one inch of clearance between the battery and the rear of the box.

Image1680.jpg

The loom supplied with the kit is already pre moulded with connectors, I run it from the rear of the battery box, under the air box and down to the front passenger fog light, then up a bit and across to the driver’s side by tapping it to a bit of garden hose and pushing it through the gap between the sub frame and the front grill, once it the other side then down to the driver’s side fog light,

Image1674.jpg

Removed the original fog light surrounds and drilled a 20mm hole in each to fit the cables through for the DRL’s same as pree’s guide.

Image1672.jpg

the only wiring that has to be done is to connect the blue wire to the blue and orange cable on the passenger side headlight, trace back down the cable under the sleeve to the joint and splice it in there,

Earth cable was next and it comes prewired with a ring connector on it so I fit it like a washer to the bolt on the top of the engine fuse box.

last connection was to remove the 10amp ignition fuse and fit the DRL positive feed fuse connector, and fit the 10amp fuse in to the DRL fuse adaptor,

The white wire with the kit that runs alongside the blue, I just tapped it up because you either fit the blue wire to the headlight or the white,

If you fit the white, then the drl’s will switch off completely when you switch on your lights.

If you fit the blue, the drl's will dim by 50% when you switch on your lights.

Job done. The whole thing from start to finish tool me 03hrs 32min and I enjoyed every minute,

They even stay illuminated for 30 seconds after you have removed the key from the ignition similar to the walk me home feature available in the mk2 focus.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club