Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Fitting Daytime Running Lights Focus Mk2.5

Preee

Don't forget, this won't fit the prefacelift Focus. To stop the Amber turn signal, don't connect that wire. Easier job to do I belive if you take the front bumper off

Don't forget, this won't fit the prefacelift Focus. To stop the Amber turn signal, don't connect that wire. Easier job to do I belive if you take the front bumper off

Hi jo singh,

I'm a fellow punjabi too! I have the 2.5 facelift focus so this will be fine. I have ordered the DRLs today and will receive them tomorrow. Still looking for someone to install these for me, at cost of course. Thanks for the advice re. The indicator amber lights.

Kash

Sent from my C6903 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi josingh20 I assumed you were punjabi by your username apologies if you're not and if I have caused any offence!

No need to take the front bumper off. Very easy mod, shouldn't take more than a couple of hours, have a go at it yourself using the guide and the instructions there are also some pics in my thread of how I installed mine which may help

Sent from my Zetec S using the FOC for Android app

• Like 1

Got my DLRs delivered yesterday from a UK seller. Will be getting them fitted on Saturday as I just don't have the time or patience to do it myself!

I will ask the fella that when he installs them he wires them up to ensure they dim when the sidelights, dipped and full beams are on. Is there anything else I need to know?

And I noticed in this post that one of you guys had the facility whereby the DRLs remain on for 5 seconds after the ignition is turned off, is that a standard feature on these lights or do they need to be wired a certain way to achieve this?

Many thanks in advance. ^_^

Basically it depends what fuse you connect them to, but if you connect them to any of the fuses in the engine fuse box as per the guide, they stay on for more like 10 secs.

• Like 2

Daytime running lights installed over the weekend. And after a 2 bucket wash, SRP, megs wax and ESP, car is sparkling. Pics are of just the DLRs, sidelights on and dipped beams on. Taken at dusk and night time.

PhotoGrid_1396214789396.jpg

• 2 months later...

Just wondered if anyone could shed any light on a problem I have after fitting drl's, the problem is the lights stay on for up to a minute after the engine is switched off, they work normally on the second mark of the ignition turning off after about 10 seconds without the engine being started. These are the same drl's from the guide and fitted in the same way.

Which fuse did you use. Mine stay on for about 10secs after the ignition is turned off

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

Hi ive used fuse 34 not sure whats causing it?

The actual time that they stay on after ignition is 30 seconds. Same time as interior lights timer. 10 seconds after ignition where the ignition is briefly turned on and then off. (There are various drl, timing may differ)

If connected to the ACC fuse drl may stay on after ignition is off well over 30 seconds if your ACC circuit is still running such as the car cooling system, in this case drl will stay on untill the cooling fan stops after ignition is turned off car locked up etc.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Ford OC mobile app

Sorted the problem now piggy backed a different fuse they now turn off instantly with no delay, thanks for the responses.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Sorted the problem now piggy backed a different fuse they now turn off instantly with no delay, thanks for the responses.

Which fuse number did you piggy back flocky? Been noticing in this hot weather mine are staying on for up to 5 mins if i have been sat in traffic, say on the way into work, pro. Due to the cooling system being active

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Ford OC mobile app

I used fuse 25, i think its the ignition fuse this turns them off as soon as the ignition is switched off.

cheers for that I will move mine over later

• 3 weeks later...

Hello all.

I'm looking at doing this mod myself. Can't wait to do it in fact.

Just how bright are the LED's? I wondering if I can get away with having them on full brightness with side lights on (or is that a stupid idea?) and dimming when the dipped come on?

The side lights will become Cree 600k jobbies as well. So might be a bit of over kill on the LED awesomeness being chucked out the front.

Cheers!

• Like 1

Hello all.

Just how bright are the LED's? I wondering if I can get away with having them on full brightness with side lights on (or is that a stupid idea?) and dimming when the dipped come on?

The side lights will become Cree 600k jobbies as well. So might be a bit of over kill on the LED awesomeness being chucked out the front.

Cheers!

Don't you'll get pull. The leds are not safe to use on full brightness at night it will dazzle other drivers. Cree side lights will be too bright at night too.

The leds are so bright it will hurt your eyes... Set it up to dim on with side lights it will look professional

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Ford OC mobile app

Hello all.

Just how bright are the LED's? I wondering if I can get away with having them on full brightness with side lights on (or is that a stupid idea?) and dimming otherwhen the dipped come on?

Cheers!

hi Kye,

Although most cars now released dont have any parking bulbs in the front atall, there using drl strips instead,

The MOT crew may not like the idea of your drl's not dimming until your dipped beam becomes active,

To be honest the drl strips in these kits are manufactured by OSRAM and custom fitted to the focus fog light housing in china, these drl units are pretty bright on full beam mate, i switch on my parking lights in order to dim the drl's at dusk or in underground car parks to prevent blinding other drivers.

You could always run a cable to a switch in the drivers footwell allowing you to disable/over-ride the dim feature leaving them full beam along with the side lights,

But heres a picture of the drls on dipped beam along with some 6000Kelvin parking bulbs

IMG_20130405_092115_zps29dff0f4.jpg

IMG_20130405_090940_zps4e9d8dc6.jpg

IMG_20130405_091018_zpsf96849bc.jpg

Roger that. Thanks for the info.

Just need the chuffing car now. Inheritance is a pain in the seat meat to get sorted!

EDIT:

Oh my. That is rather sexual looking!!

Yep, I want to put switch in as well. Thinking about it actually, the DRL's on some of the taller cars are vicious to be on the receiving end of.

• Like 1

Roger that. Thanks for the info.

Just need the chuffing car now. Inheritance is a pain in the seat meat to get sorted!

EDIT:

Oh my. That is rather sexual looking!!

Yep, I want to put switch in as well. Thinking about it actually, the DRL's on some of the taller cars are vicious to be on the receiving end of.

sorry to hear of your lost loved one mate,

Will be nice when you get them fitted.

Cree H11 are good match for the fog lights aswell,

If you have any problems on install contact Preee or myself be happy to advise

Ive had my parking bulbs fitted almost two years and there still going strong,

They come in black or chrome sleeve to blend in to the headlight

Heres a link: http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/270995258190?nav=SEARCH

Here's some pictures there very stealthy

Image2442.jpg

Image2443.jpg

Image2444.jpg

Image2446.jpg

Image2447.jpg

Image2451.jpg

Image2450.jpg

Image2453.jpg

IMG_20130405_092115_zps29dff0f4.jpg

• Like 1

I guess that reads quite badly looking back at it. D'oh.

That's great info! I'm looking to make as much of the light as I can LED (except the dipped and main beams). If I can reduce the electrical load on the engine, I will do.

Top man! B)

• Like 1

I guess that reads quite badly looking back at it. D'oh.

That's great info! I'm looking to make as much of the light as I can LED (except the dipped and main beams). If I can reduce the electrical load on the engine, I will do.

Top man! B)

if your focus is a petrol then yes electrical load affects performance because spark plugs need max power to achieve potential

But if its a diesel then its not really an issue because glow plugs stay hot.

If its a petrol have a look at "pivot mega razin voltage stabiliser"

Its basically a small series of capacitors functions much like a resivour of instant power,

It can cope with poeer demand quicker than the battery,

So the capacitors supply the full demand and the battery maintains the level in the capacitors so everything is top condition all the time,

Do Not purchase from eBay as i gurantee you there cheap usless replicas see images real compared to fake box's dont function,

Only place to purchase the real deal is from the official pivotracing website see here:

http://www.pivotracing.com/index

As ive said though, only really beneficial to petrol cars more than diesel

Mega5.jpg

Mega2.jpg

Mega3.jpg

pivot-mega-raizin-voltage-stabilizer-vol

MTC_7649.jpg

MTC_7653.jpg

I figured it might be something to do that. My current 1.6 petrol protests alot when I put the electrics on. My little diesel van didn't flinch.

The new beast will be a 2.0 TDCi. Lots of poke. :p

• Like 1

I figured it might be something to do that. My current 1.6 petrol protests alot when I put the electrics on. My little diesel van didn't flinch.

The new beast will be a 2.0 TDCi. Lots of poke. :p

sweet,

I dont want to stray too much off topic but just want to say,

"make sure you blank the EGR"