Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide For Fitting Daytime Running Lights Focus Mk2.5

Preee

I like them, wish I could have a set of those headlights as well as DRL's on my motor, sadly the bank manager would probably string me up!

• Like 1

I had an unexpected bonus from the boss, I tried the headlights first to see if it was worth getting them to run the DRLs, I was thinking of adding a step up transformer to give them a bit more kick an all sorts but the reality was they already had been cranked up to 19v via a wee step up box stuck to the bottom of the lamps. in short the LEDs are fine for side lights at dusk but you cant see them during the day from any distance. The projectors are amazing, a little bit imperfect on the cut off but to hell with it, tempted to put some of those white (blue) bulbs in to match the light colour from the LEDs but I did that before and the drop in output was too much so not sure about that yet.

anywho That's when I decided to go for the DRL fog lamps, worth every penny.

• Like 1

Is there a guide on which fuse keeps the DRL's illuminated for what period of time at all? I've seen a range from seconds to minutes.

• Like 1

Depends what you power them from. I powered mine from the engine sensors on the CMAX and so it went off after about 30 seconds.

• Like 2

sure doThe kit, slightly different to the original ones posted, purchase from speedline though. As far as I can tell the biggest difference is just the Dimming / control unit, its just a single unit rather then two, the wires looked a wee bit more polished too, less connectors, more tidy.WP_20140912_003.jpgWP_20140912_004.jpgWP_20140912_009.jpgWorth noting its near on impossible to get true colour pictures of these on my camera, I can vouch that on full, these things are as bright as any OEM set you'll see on the road.DSC_2867.jpgDRLs on fullc474b55d-7e5c-4745-9905-061b001ca59a.jpgSidelights and 50% DRLs5faf34e1-8a65-411b-98cc-01acca6ae3c4.jpg

You gotta get yourself some silvatec indicator bulbs to replace the orange bulbs mate,

They shine yellow but have a mirror coating will leave your headlights completely silver in appearance.

Whats the high/low beam spread of light like compared to the original units

• Like 1

You gotta get yourself some silvatec indicator bulbs to replace the orange bulbs mate,

They shine yellow but have a mirror coating will leave your headlights completely silver in appearance.

Whats the high/low beam spread of light like compared to the original units

Yeah I got my rear ones done but the front ones werent in stock in Halfords, gonna have to get them online I think

The low spead is impressive, much more direction and intensity, a fairly clear cut off, flat with the a clean kick up to the left, it has a small amount of what I can only really describe as prism effect on the top most edge of the cut off, its not pure yellow there, its kinda bruised looking, you can only really notice it when up against a wall or the back of a car. High beams are more or less identical to the stock ones.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Fitted my DRL's this weekend just gone. Done in under 2 hours.

Two things:

1: They look the nuts

2: They're !Removed! bright!! They're set to dim with the head lights coming on. But with just the ignition on, they illuminate a substantial area! Reflectors on other vehicles were being

lit up from a couple hundred feet away too!

Well happy with them! I'll install the kill switch at a later date though. I only needed to use the guide to see what cable to connect the blue cable to.

It seems that the newer version of this kit only has one controller. Fitting this in the 2.0 TDCI engine bay was a bit of a head scratcher. There is a lot of cable from the

controller to the fuse box. I need to tidy it up more.

Excellent upgrade to have on the Mk2.5!

• Like 1

There so bright! The only thing you have to watch is forgetting to turn your headlights on when it gets dark ;)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Is there anyone on here whom has upgraded to the drl fog surrounds and would b3 interested in selling there stock fog surrounds?

I have a uk based shipping address if anyone has a set of standard fog surrounds they would like to sell,

• Like 1

You didn't keep the old ones then? Lol

Naw sold em and reinvested funds in to the ST pod install at the time lol

I tell ya,

Best way to get people staring at your focus,

Drive around with no fog surrounds fitted....

• 3 months later...

Is there anyone on here whom has upgraded to the drl fog surrounds and would b3 interested in selling there stock fog surrounds?

I have a uk based shipping address if anyone has a set of standard fog surrounds they would like to sell,

did you get any Lenny? just saw your question, ive got some in my big box of replaced bits, their not in perfect nick but might buff up well with some TLC
  • Like 1

You can see where I cabled tied the control box, fits nicely and keeps out of the way of everything.

DSC_2825.jpg

DSC_2827.jpg

DSC_2826.jpg

you can just make out where I ran the wires to the drivers side

did you get any Lenny? just saw your question, ive got some in my big box of replaced bits, their not in perfect nick but might buff up well with some TLC

Thanks mate,

No im still rolling with no fog surrounds,

Gotta say it gets more looks now than it did with the kit fitted :lol:

I dont mind if there a bit scuffed or anything as the plan is to change to an ST front end later in the year,

I had to sell existing items as buyers became interested, this way im not stuck with them in the end,

PM me a price shipping to Northern Ireland cheers

I want to change my foglight bulbs to leds can you reach down to them when removing headlights

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

I want to change my foglight bulbs to leds can you reach down to them when removing headlights

Yes if you remove headlight mate just reach down

DRLKit28.jpg

Thats brill thank you mate got a bulb that as droped in but might leave it, are they hard to remove to get the bulb out

• Like 1

Thats brill thank you mate got a bulb that as droped in but might leave it, are they hard to remove to get the bulb out

The under tray of the car is just a few torx screws cant go wrong

Ok noproblem thanks for your help its droped inside but i think i could get a magnet and get it out, is your focus the one with the s badge at front?

• Like 1

Ok noproblem thanks for your help its droped inside but i think i could get a magnet and get it out, is your focus the one with the s badge at front?

It is well it had those grills but since sold,

Currently rolling stock grills no front lip or splitter and no fog surrounds,

Aiming for an ST bumper later in the year so i sold the existing items as buyers became interested i sold the bits rather than be left with it in back garden at the end of the day,

But overall yes it is :) heres my build thread:

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/41443-taking-oval-to-blue-horizon-lennys-build-thread-2010-2015/

And my list of Guides you may find of interest:

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS rear Diffuser Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus Mk2.5 ZetecS Front Lip spoiler Click Here

Guide To Activating Single & Multi Door Unlock on yor Ford Click Here

Guide To Spraying Rear View Mirror Click Here

Guide To Changing Lower Front Grill On Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Built Climate Controls on Focus Click Here

Guide to Converting Rear Fog Light To Clear Click Here

Guide to Fitting New Ford Mist Type Jets on all Models Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional Boot Light Click Here

Guide To Fitting ST Gauge Pod To Focus Dash Click Here

Guide To Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Auto Dimmer Unit to Gauges or DRL's Click Here

Guide to Fitting additional 12v Socket in Boot of Focus Click Here

Guide to Fitting Footwell Lighting In Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Induction Filter Upgrade in Your Ford Click Here

Guide to Fitting Custom Bonnet Dampers Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to wiper Blade Change Focus Mk2 Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting EGR Blanking Plate 1,6TDCi Click Here

Guide to fitting Ford puddle lights Focus 05-12 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Genuine focus RS LED tail lights Mk2.5 Click Here

Guide to Fitting Aftermarket headunit focus Mk2 & Mk2.5 Click Here

Fitting Custom 10" Sub enclosure & Amp panel Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Guide Installing Reverse Camera Focus Mk2.5 2008 - 2011Click Here

Fitting Dual Camera DVR System Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5Click Here

Full ZetecS Kit Fitted to Mk2.5 Focus Click Here

The Ultimate Reverse Bulb Click Here

Custom Laser Cut Interior Parts For Your Ford Click Here

Guide To Storing Vehicle For Long Periods Click Here

Thats brill :) how did u fit the s badge on the front grille ?

Just stuck it on mate there around 12quid from Ford,

You may consider removing and spraying the grills gloss black before fitting the S badge.

Ok noproblem thank you for your help mate

anytime :)
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hello all.

I've had to install another DRL kit from speedline (joys of an accident) and it is not playing ball at all! Before they worked fine, now the master caution keep coming on, engine malfunctions etc (depending on fuse selection in the engine bay). It has also put the car into limp home mode when using fuse 34.

Do you need to have two uses in the piggy back at all? I only used one before and it was fine. Using the same theory now, it's not working. Is it best to put two fuses into the piggy back??

I see an orange fuse in some of the photos on here. What ampere rating is that? Or would use two 10 amps be sufficient?

Not understanding this sudden hassle at all!

Cheers folks!

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club