Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RIP - Tdcist's Focus Zetec S Tdci

TDCiST

Little update, Nothing major... Finally got the mix sorted on my snowfoam.. and the trick of adding a little shampoo, certainly made it able to be left to dwell longer!!

Just a couple of pics of her clean!

Clean1copy.jpg

Clean2copy.jpg

hey dave,

car looks stunning mate, didnt realise you lived fairly close!!

Cheers for the comments guys...

I've just ordered a STC Ford "mUSic-Box" as they call them (See HERE!... It will allow me to put all my MP3's in Folders on a USB stick, and play them by selecting the AUX button.

Its a retrofit solution, however as yet, it doesnt support iPhones or iPod touch (it doesnt mention Nano's tho... maybe these will work? ill do my research once ive installed it)

There was no idea of availability when i ordered it, so i may have to wait a while... But I'll keep you all updated!

It plugs direct into the back of the radio, then sorts everything out lol

I'll know more once I have the unit in my hands lol

Rumour has it, My Ford music Box has arrived.... I'm picking it up tuesday as its my next day off. I'll let you all know a) if its the right thing, and B) how i get on fitting it!

• 2 weeks later...

Installed...

Working, Plays all sorts of music, and I must say, I'm pleasantly surprised!

So far its played, MP3's, MP4's and WAV's can't comment on any other files as yet!

The hardest bit about the installation for me was finding a place to stuff the harness adaptor behind the radio, as there is little room... First couple of tries resulted in the fascia being slightly too far to the right, and fouling the hazard light switch, but its all fixed now!

Ok.. Have a bit more time to explain now..

Pictures will follow!

Started by removing the trim around the radio, starting at the bottom. It takes a bit of a firm tug to get it off!

Once this is out my radio is simply removed by 4 screws! I see ford don't worry about security with standard head units lol!

Once the head unit was out I removed the glove box. I kept the tray handy as instead of putting the cable in the centre console, I want it in my glovebox.

With the headunit out, I removed the connector block, and quite simply... Put the split lead in... Then I ran the music box lead through to the glovebox area, clearly the newer wiring harnesses are a lot shorter, I had to cable tie my music box to the metal support of the airbag.

With this is place I plugged in the harness and the USB lead.

At this point I tested it all worked... Nothing worse than putting everything back and finding it doesn't!!

Once I had enjoyed some high quality mp3's it was time to put it back properly.

I now drilled a hole in the back of my glove box tray, an cut it square with a scalpel. I pushed the USB connector through, and put the tray in place. It all fitted great!

Now for the bit that took an hour to sort!!!

There is... What can only be described as... sod all space behind the headunit! I struggled to find a decent place to put the extra connector block and cable, eventually I managed to squeeze it into the top right hand corner near the clocks... It was tight!

I put the headunit back in, cover back in place, and then found the hazard light button would then Stick in... So the fascia off, radio came out, and back in, fascia on.... Then fascia off, back out, and back in fascia on..... And so on an so on about another 4 times... Until eventually I got the radio and harness and fascia all in the right place... (seriously brain surgery would have been easier!!!)

I now enjoy some great tunes, on a 16gb memory stick, PC World, £18.99! Bargain!

Works a treat, I'm well happy with it!!

do you get any display on the radio and can you use the stalk control/ head unit to change tracks?

As yet no display on radio. Whether future software updates will allow this I don't know.

An yea full steering wheel functionality...Short press, track skip... Long press, album/folder skip. I believe this is the same on the headunit... Haven't tried the album skip yet... Will do later on..

Only thing that annoys me a little is a beep when the album changes... It's one of those annoying frequencies that drills into your head!! Lol

Currently plays mp3, WAV, mp4, haven't tried any other formats yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little cosmetic update... Got bored of my chrome strip at long last... Painted it black.

0Before.jpg

10After.jpg

In Other news... HOW DIRTY IS MY CAR!!!

Thats almost criminal!

• Like 1

looks great mate,

makes the car seem lower and wider in my opinion,

and your car is very dusty lol from the roads, time to take out the sponge and soap lol

I see what you mean lenny... I also like it because thats what they do with the ST... So next on the list is to colour code the Fog Surrounds and the Chrome Bezels...

looks very smart mate... any ideas how much the fog surrounds cost from ford?? like urself im interested in spraying mine silver...

looks very smart mate... any ideas how much the fog surrounds cost from ford?? like urself im interested in spraying mine silver...

£19.90 for the pair mate,

Ford Part Numbers:

Left Hand Surround Part Number: 8M51-19951-AE

Right Hand Part Number: 8M5119952-AE

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Focus-Fog-Light-Grille-Surround-Set-Left-and-Right-Chrome-Trim-New-/280733378431?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item415d03677f

Hi,

I noticed you were interested in having a carbon bonnett lip. My TDCI Zetec S arrived on Thursday, I had only seen it in photos and I got a nice suprise when I found mine had one.

Just thought I would show you a pic incase you hadn't seen one on. To be fair you have done a great job with the spraying though, looks good?

post-29562-0-72488100-1328991378_thumb.j

Could I ask where you got your wheel badges from, I would like some to match my white and red badges if they sell them?

Thanks.

post-29562-0-41800100-1328991262_thumb.j

post-29562-0-44758400-1328991322_thumb.j

post-29562-0-83028500-1328991436_thumb.j

Hi,

I noticed you were interested in having a carbon bonnett lip. My TDCI Zetec S arrived on Thursday, I had only seen it in photos and I got a nice suprise when I found mine had one.

Just thought I would show you a pic incase you hadn't seen one on. To be fair you have done a great job with the spraying though, looks good?

post-29562-0-72488100-1328991378_thumb.j

Could I ask where you got your wheel badges from, I would like some to match my white and red badges if they sell them?

Thanks.

here is a link to dmb http://www.dmb.uk.com/cat/35/wheel-centres

and the white focus would look good with the roof vynal wrapped black mate,

Hi Lenny.

Thanks for the link. I will get some better pics uploaded in the daylight.

I have had a quote of £250 to have the roof wrapped in raised carbon fibre from a reputable local company so that is definately on the cards. Might to the fog surrounds and wing mirrors too.

My main focus at the moment though is trying to work out what the best air filter upgrade would be, heard bad things about induction kits sucking in hot air and actually losing performance but I cannot see an upgraded (K&N style) pannel filter making any difference. The BMC one you linked me to in a previous post looks like a good option but is a little pricey. I guess you get what you pay for...

Any Ideas how I can fin out if the car has allready been remapped? I had the 115 1.8 tdci before and this one is much, MUCH quicker. (A lot more than I would expect from the extra 20bhp) I dont want to fork out £400 to find out I have not increased anything and possibly made it worse. I wish I knew someone else with one for comparrison.

Hi Lenny.

Thanks for the link. I will get some better pics uploaded in the daylight.

I have had a quote of £250 to have the roof wrapped in raised carbon fibre from a reputable local company so that is definately on the cards. Might to the fog surrounds and wing mirrors too.

My main focus at the moment though is trying to work out what the best air filter upgrade would be, heard bad things about induction kits sucking in hot air and actually losing performance but I cannot see an upgraded (K&N style) pannel filter making any difference. The BMC one you linked me to in a previous post looks like a good option but is a little pricey. I guess you get what you pay for...

Any Ideas how I can fin out if the car has allready been remapped? I had the 115 1.8 tdci before and this one is much, MUCH quicker. (A lot more than I would expect from the extra 20bhp) I dont want to fork out £400 to find out I have not increased anything and possibly made it worse. I wish I knew someone else with one for comparrison.

hi mate,

the wrap will look sweet on the white, and if you look at the st rear spoiler it has a kind of bowl round curve on the top roof section,

if i was wrapping the roof i would wrap in the curve of the spoiler too that would put a nice finish to the wrap at the rear instead of a full white rear spoiler.

and my best advise for the power would be perhaps a code red induction kit.

http://www.european-parts.net/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=790&osCsid=99d9ea0c2bc2c02ed31b89635ca8c094

and look on you tube at videos of focus 2.0 0-60 times etc. and see if the match what your currently experiencing in yours at the momment.

That's a nice looking carbon lip... I'm still planning to do it but I just wanted shot of the chrome!!

Also a guide will follow for removal/vinyling/painting the lip!!

• 4 weeks later...

been a quiet month or so on the car front....

havent even washed her!!

Poor Girl!

been a quiet month or so on the car front....

havent even washed her!!

Poor Girl!

Shame on you , go and stand in the corner

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club