Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta 1.4 Zetec Loss Of Power

eden

The last couple of months my 04 Fiesta has developed an intermittent fault. It seems to lose power for only a short time - possible a second. I took it to my local garage who could only do a basic diagnostic and he thought it might be a problem with a fuel sensor but advised me to take it to a Ford dealer for a full diagnosis.

Before I got a chance the fault further developed so that the ABS and Handbrake lights flashed on during the loss of power. The local Ford dealer did a diagnosis yesterday and replaced the Fuel filter and updated the PCM software (?). I thought this had solved the problem but driving home last night the same thing happened.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what the problem may be?

The last couple of months my 04 Fiesta has developed an intermittent fault. It seems to lose power for only a short time - possible a second. I took it to my local garage who could only do a basic diagnostic and he thought it might be a problem with a fuel sensor but advised me to take it to a Ford dealer for a full diagnosis.

Before I got a chance the fault further developed so that the ABS and Handbrake lights flashed on during the loss of power. The local Ford dealer did a diagnosis yesterday and replaced the Fuel filter and updated the PCM software (?). I thought this had solved the problem but driving home last night the same thing happened.

Has anyone else experienced this and know what the problem may be?

When you say "lost power" first of all, can you describe the loss of power? complete loss of responsiveness? or is it a case of you are driving along at 90 BHP, then all of a sudden you feel like you could get out and push your car up the speedo quicker than the engine is?

Secondly, these lights pop on only during the power reduction? so you get the EML, Engine Light and ABS lights all flicker on, and then go off when the power returns?

They have replaced the fuel filter so the fuel flow should be sufficient, and the PCM update shouldnt have a great baring on it. Sounds to me like you are losing power to some of the key components, so my bet would be to check the alternator, and the power output with a multimeter

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club