Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Odd Shape Sponge Under Passenger Seat

estaban1006

Hello all

Well this is my 2nd post of the fourm getting the hang of things now.

However I have got a strange one. I have just finished off washing and cleaning my 58 reg 1.6 ford focus style.

While I was hoovering under the seats I or should a say the hoover came across this strange sponge type thing.

I have attached to this and I was wondering does anyone know where it belongs on in the car please.

Many Thanks

post-28540-0-04542800-1324222170_thumb.j

common place for foam to fall from is under the glovebox in the passenger footwell... check there first! lol

Otherwise im not so sure...

Hello TDCiST,

Funny you should say that I've just came in from checking under there! Nothing seems to be out of place or missing. But I wouldn't know as I've only had the ford for 16 days. As someone wrote off my other car!. So I don't know whats write and whats wrong with the focuses. IF that sounds right!.

But I will have a re-check with a flashlight after tea.

Cheers again & Merry Christmas.

Just got back in from looking at the passenger side footwell under the glove box.

I don't know IF I have something missing as when I checked with a flash light and could wires and a white box (possible fuse box) I don't know. If there suppose to be something covering that?

IF anyone else has a ford focus style 1.6 in a 08 or 58 reg could you please take a pic of your footwell as I'm not sure if mine suppose to be like that or not!.

Many Thanks

ill put the photo on my phone and ill go have a look later on mine... just ocase i can find anything that matches lol!

Cheers TDCiST.

That would be a massive help IF there is anything missing I can fell a trip to the garage is in order from where I bought the car from.

Cheers TDCiST.

That would be a massive help IF there is anything missing I can fell a trip to the garage is in order from where I bought the car from.

Have you got a pad fitted under the fuse box in the passenger footwell mate?

Hello Lenny.

What what i've got in the passenger side is the floowing. The carpet goes up so much then ends. Right under the glovebox there is nothing their apart from a lot of wires and a white box. I've got nothing covering that up

If thats any help.

Regards

Stephen

Hello Lenny.

What what i've got in the passenger side is the floowing. The carpet goes up so much then ends. Right under the glovebox there is nothing their apart from a lot of wires and a white box. I've got nothing covering that up

If thats any help.

Regards

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

should be a pad covering the access to the fusebox area mate,

that pad you have may be it. if it fits and gets held in with 2 caps, my car is under wraps due to insurance prices and unemployment lol

if it wasnt id go out and take a picture of mine in place for you to see :)

Hi Lenny & TDCiST

I have just been out and took a pic what what I have or have not as it now seem's?

Hope this helps

regards

Stephen

Also IF I missing a cover where would be the best place I can get one from?

post-28540-0-34008400-1324229154_thumb.j

Hi Lenny & TDCiST

I have just been out and took a pic what what I have or have not as it now seem's?

Hope this helps

regards

Stephen

Also IF I missing a cover where would be the best place I can get one from?

should be a pad their mate,

made with the same material as the other one you have, my guess would be the breakers, and this guy on eBay is very helpfull Click Here

i got a cup holder pad from him before and very cheap.

if someone can take a picture of the pad on their car, it would be easier for you to foward that image to the breakers to get it.

If noone else does, ill do one tomorrow on my day off when its light!! lol

Hello,

Cheers Lenny for the information I know once I saw it that something wasn't right. I'll email that ebayer later on tonight I will also FWD the photo to the ebayer in regards to what I mean as well I'll do a before (mine) and after (TDCiST) shot!..

TDCiST if you can please take a photo of yours that would be much appreciated.

Once agin Many Thanks

If I don't write before hand. Hope we all have a Great Christmas and a Better New Year.

Regards

Stephen

• Like 1

In regards to the attached pic in first post - that to me looks like its molded for something - the only thing i can think of is the jack and stuff - See if this fits under the spare well and the jack etc fits into it?? - My motor ain't got that but its the only thing i can think of :)