Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cruise Control

dLockers

Update!

With a liitle help from dLockers I managed to successfully retrofit the cruise control to my Fiesta - I'll write up a little guide in a couple of days.

tempomat1.jpg

With the info i have now I can say 4 things:

1. it's relatively easy, with no more than 30-60 minutes of works overally

2. you need access to IDS (an a person operating it who is willing to go a bit of the Ford paths so to say)

3. info from dLockers was crucial and I wouldn't be able to do it without the information from him.

4. without mentioning any names, they are people on this forum who are intentionally holding back the info (point 3) to gain profit, and ask for a really substancial amount of money for a little intel on As Built file

This thread will probably be closed now because Mark M.K and iNath are friends - probably earns a cut from the £75 he charges.

so I'll open a new one or put in on other forums, not a problem - I hate when people are present on the forums just to make money...

PS. I'd have nothing against paying 5£ or 10£ - it'd fair - but 75£ for the info "change this 1 digit in as built file" is silly, even for UK standards

Or embrace the car club enthusiast ethos and release it for free.

to the mods - are MisiekT and dLockers both from the same IP address? :ph34r:

to the mods - are MisiekT and dLockers both from the same IP address? :ph34r:

His car is clearly LHD.

dLockers, if you've worked out what you want to know, I'm happy for you.

As for the whole argument over charging for a discovery, I'm not sure what your issue is there as people do it all the time. Do you moan at remapping companies for charging hundreds of pounds to change some files on the car? What I discovered cost me hundreds too, I had to buy a laptop and the Ford VCM kit (not cheap) and spend hours sat in my car until I got it right. I see no issue in trying to get back my investment and eventually some return on it.

To myself and others who have had the switch installed for a long time, the fee was not an issue as it finally activated the feature we longed for.

At the end of the day most people will not feel comfortable taking out the airbag, nor have access to the Ford equipment and I will gladly help those and charge for my time.

dLockers, if you've worked out what you want to know, I'm happy for you.

As for the whole argument over charging for a discovery, I'm not sure what your issue is there as people do it all the time. Do you moan at remapping companies for charging hundreds of pounds to change some files on the car? What I discovered cost me hundreds too, I had to buy a laptop and the Ford VCM kit (not cheap) and spend hours sat in my car until I got it right. I see no issue in trying to get back my investment and eventually some return on it.

To myself and others who have had the switch installed for a long time, the fee was not an issue as it finally activated the feature we longed for.

At the end of the day most people will not feel comfortable taking out the airbag, nor have access to the Ford equipment and I will gladly help those and charge for my time.

So your £75 was to fit MisiekT kit? Stop lying.

No, it wasn't. It was £75 to change a 1 to a 2. Your an extortionist, simple as. Why you are on an enthusiasts forum I do not know.

P.S I hope your declaring your earnings :)

I would classify that as a threat!

So your £75 was to fit MisiekT kit? Stop lying.

Never said I was fitting it, I supplied a quote at his request and after that it's his decision whether to take it or not. Like I said, I have costs to recover,

Don't accuse me of lying.

No, it wasn't. It was £75 to change a 1 to a 2. Your an extortionist, simple as. Why you are on an enthusiasts forum I do not know.

Sounds like there's a step you've missed if that's all you changed, hope no errors come up later.

Self-employed & all declared on my accounts package, happy?

iNath - from my perspective - paying £75 just for the info "change 1 to 2 on xxx position" of AsBuilt was silly as this is only a small part of work needed - all this infomation does is unlocking the cruise control option in the configuration - I still had to do some manual work, fitting 2 cables, reprogramming the PCM and etc.

if you'd charge £75 for a complete solution including your work disassembling everything - it would be fine. But since I'm 1000 miles from you that wouldn't be an option, right?

anyway - in my opinion - you should write clearly what you're offering and for how much money (you said it's legal for you, so what's the problem?)

iNath - from my perspective - paying £75 just for the info "change 1 to 2 on xxx position" of AsBuilt was silly as this is only a small part of work needed - all this infomation does is unlocking the cruise control option in the configuration - I still had to do some manual work, fitting 2 cables, reprogramming the PCM and etc.

if you'd charge £75 for a complete solution including your work disassembling everything - it would be fine. But since I'm 1000 miles from you that wouldn't be an option, right?

anyway - in my opinion - you should write clearly what you're offering and for how much money (you said it's legal for you, so what's the problem?)

Your English is very good for a non-native speaker, Michal. Which country are you from?

MisiekT, I'm confused by what is meant by this, if I quote our conversation:

All that is required (parts) for cruise control is the button, cable & plastic trim on steering wheel. (The cable goes to radio controls & cruise) Installation does require removal of the airbag which can be tricky if you've never done it before.

After that a modified ASBUILT file needs uploading to the car. As far as I know I'm the only person that is creating these files at the moment. If you wanted to go ahead and think you can change the controls and get access to IDS I can supply the file specific to your vehicle for £75.

I believe I was very clear on a price and what I would supply?

orcomma, Poland

iNath - what I meant was: in my opinion you should write from the very beginning, publicly (not through PMs only), that you cracked it yourself and are willing to share this knowledge for £75, clearly stating that your insight is only a small piece of the whole puzzle. Then people have a clear option of buying or not, instead of keeping secrets on PMs etc.

PS. description from PM (quoting PMs on UK forums isn't against the rules? we usually ban people for that or at least give them stron warnings) isn't quite accurate:

1. we needed to go over schematics and add 2 cables responsible for connecting brake and clutch sensors to the dials - so as you can see your solution isn't even complete

2. correct me if I'm wrong, but you also don't create a new asbuilt for "client's" car, but modify existing one. otherwise you would have to consider every single option from configuration your "client" may not even be aware of in his/her Fiesta and I'm pretty sure you didn't crack it all for all markets globally

orcomma, Poland

iNath - what I meant was: in my opinion you should write from the very beginning, publicly (not through PMs only), that you cracked it yourself and are willing to share this knowledge for £75, clearly stating that your insight is only a small piece of the whole puzzle. Then people have a clear option of buying or not, instead of keeping secrets on PMs etc.

PS. description from PM (quoting PMs on UK forums isn't against the rules?) isn't quite accurate - we needed to go over schematics and add 2 cables responsible for connecting brake and clutch sensors to the dials - so as you can see your solution isn't even complete

People always have the option of buying it or not, can't force people to do anything.

Sounds like your vehicle was built differently, I didn't have to connect any sensors (and my cruise disables with brake or clutch pedals)

Yes, it is because you had all the wires in place anyway - not every Fiesta has it by default as we now know. But, since you're selling a solution, it should definitely be complete and foolproof.

Mine also disables on brake and clutch (works as described in Ford manual), but without these sensors plugged to dials the cruise control wouldn't start.

My sincere proposition for you - just advertise your price on fitting the parts needed and reprogramming (75,100, 150 - whatever you think is adequate) and a much smaller fee on just modifying the AsBuilt itself for the people that want to fit the cruise control locally

I wonder if the admins are aware you are using this platform to sell your products. I thought advertising would be a charge based system.

I wonder if the admins are aware you are using this platform to sell your products. I thought advertising would be a charge based system.

again with the threatening language

I personally don't think it's about threatening - just a reaction for iNath's "abusement" with AsBulit modification

Perhaps this doesn't aply to UK clubs (though I'm sure it does), but in every other foreign forums I visited, all the users were more than happy to share all the information they gathered and at the same time getting a lot of help from others - quess that's the idea, at least for me. So if you're on a forum as an active user, not just advertising your company and products, you should follow this "culture"

From where I'm standing pure know-how should be exchanged free of charge, period.

At the same time I don't see a problem for charging for any work on other people's car or giving access to equipment one normally doesn't have. But as we discussed earlier, it definitely wasn't a case here.

Yes thank you - we're perfectly aware. Nath contacted me to ask how best to approach this and I explained the advertising/selling procedures that are in place on FOC. I have seen no threads or posts which breach the rules that I laid out in that discussion.

dLockers - your stance on this matter has become defamatory and is miles outside what you have yourself called 'the spirit of car clubs'. You have twice referred to Nath as an extortionist - please look this word up in a dictionary as you are clearly fuzzy on its definition.

I suggest you leave this discussion alone entirely, and source any information or advice on the subject of cruise control you need from elsewhere. If you continue down the current route this thread is taking then another warning will be issued to your account - and as your first was so recent then a ban or suspension will be considered by the mod team.

Update!

With a liitle help from dLockers I managed to successfully retrofit the cruise control to my Fiesta - I'll write up a little guide in a couple of days.

tempomat1.jpg

With the info i have now I can say 4 things:

1. it's relatively easy, with no more than 30-60 minutes of works overally

2. you need access to IDS (an a person operating it who is willing to go a bit of the Ford paths so to say)

3. info from dLockers was crucial and I wouldn't be able to do it without the information from him.

4. without mentioning any names, they are people on this forum who are intentionally holding back the info (point 3) to gain profit, and ask for a really substancial amount of money for a little intel on As Built file

Ohhhhhh look forward to the guide :D :D

Cant see any threats, Just a statements.

As I see it you can pay £75 or get it for free. Take your pick.

taketh me in context, squire!

I just wonder why dLockers felt the need to 'remind' Nath to declare his earnings to the tax man :blink:

Nah. I still dont see that as a threat. I think this thread has just become a dispute centered on different opinions by very different personallities. Both of whome are clever guys who have acheived something most of us mere mortals cant.

I can see both sides in this but feel it prudent to sit on the fence as sticking my ore in wouldn't help.

I thought that to advertize a paid service on FOC you'd need to be an approved trader?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club