Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Playing Music Wirelessly Through Bluetooth

Jack7

Alright everyone, I just bought a used 09 fiesta zetec S :)

Apoligies for making this a new topic couldnt find the one I stumbled upon last night to comment on!

Anyways my problem is I have the bluetooth option and the usb & aux socket but when i press aux my options are line in, usb or ipod. Theres no option to play my music from my phone. On the topic I read last night people were saying if you have the usb you can get it through a software update? I just called my local ford and the guy wasnt very helpful, told me he'd never heard of it before and if I could make and recieve calls through my bluetooth an update wouldnt change anything?

Any help appreciated :D

Typical Ford reaction to this question regarding software updates.

You are correct - because your car is on an 09 plate you probably have the original firmware on your radio, which didn't include bluetooth audio. It is possible to update, but it's a case of finding a helpful dealer or getting the necessary gear to do it yourself - which I'm sure is possible but I have no idea how. Several of our members have experience in this area so hopefully someone will come along.

I should also add - that while the bluetooth audio on the latest Sony head unit in the mk7 is very good - I find the original stereos bluetooth to be extremely unreliable, so I would recommend not bothering and using a wired connection - it's probably not worth the hassle.

You are correct - because your car is on an 09 plate you probably have the original firmware on your radio, which didn't include bluetooth audio. It is possible to update, but it's a case of finding a helpful dealer or getting the necessary gear to do it yourself - which I'm sure is possible but I have no idea how. Several of our members have experience in this area so hopefully someone will come along.

I should also add - that while the bluetooth audio on the latest Sony head unit in the mk7 is very good - I find the original stereos bluetooth to be extremely unreliable, so I would recommend not bothering and using a wired connection - it's probably not worth the hassle.

He said to me I could try bring it in but the module updates they have are only for phone connectivity issues not adding bluetooth audio onto the menu? I thought I could try book it in anyways. Cheers :)

It's not the bluetooth module that needs updating - it's the stereo.

Ohh I see, glad you said that or else id have said the bluetooth module when id taken it in! So when i call to book it in just say my stereo needs updated?

Thanks man :D

Try getting the update from here:

http://www.ford-mobile-connectivity.com/downloadsUpdates

Ive just updated my Sat Nav unit by downloading the file to my PC. Unzipped it and copied the files to a memory stick. Make sure they are not in a directory.

You can download the instructions as well.

Dan, I can confirm that the original stereo/bluetooth software on a 09 plate Zetec S does come with bluetooth audio/music streaming mate. (as mine did)

Maybe he has bluetooth off/not bonded his phone to the system.

Hope this helps to the OP.....

I think it depends on your exact build date - my car was the first days of the 59 plate cars and there was some debate at the time as to whether or not those of us who we're waiting for cars to be built would have BT audio or not, there has definitely been a time when BT audio was not enabled on the car. :)

I think it depends on your exact build date - my car was the first days of the 59 plate cars and there was some debate at the time as to whether or not those of us who we're waiting for cars to be built would have BT audio or not, there has definitely been a time when BT audio was not enabled on the car. :)

Apologies Dan!

My build date was early June 2009. And I got it! :D

I updated my Satnav unit a couple of weeks ago with the download , as i saw iPhone user's getting the ability to see song tags

:rolleyes: The update went perfect , but alas update did not improve the Android tags issue for my Galaxy S anyway. But i can confirm updating is very easy

My bluetooth streaming works perfectly as it did before apart from no Song tags, saying that my unit was updated early on it the year and it may have been the same update ;)

Song details do not display when using HTC phones (and I believe any other phone using Android)

Cheers everyone! thanks for the link btmaldon, so ill just download that then fire in the usb stick and it should update to play music wirelessly? :)

Btw guys on a different note, my zs is a diesel and ive noticed a few times after i get out the car engine turned off doors locked a fan starts up? It runs for about a minute and seems to be happening on short journeys. Is this normal? Its got me a bit worried :/

Cheers everyone! thanks for the link btmaldon, so ill just download that then fire in the usb stick and it should update to play music wirelessly? :)

Btw guys on a different note, my zs is a diesel and ive noticed a few times after i get out the car engine turned off doors locked a fan starts up? It runs for about a minute and seems to be happening on short journeys. Is this normal? Its got me a bit worried :/

I heard that this happens with DPF fitted diesels when the system is trying to regenerate itself. It probably needs a good blast for a reasonable distance so it can fully regenerate, and it should stop the fan starting up.

I can stream from my iPhone wireles ios5 and display shows title track time etc , mine is a 59 plate

I heard that this happens with DPF fitted diesels when the system is trying to regenerate itself. It probably needs a good blast for a reasonable distance so it can fully regenerate, and it should stop the fan starting up.

Whilst that's true the DPF's weren't introduced until the '10' plate.

iOS5 and lateste stereo firmware required for bluetooth music info to appear on the dash. I upgraded from the download without a hitch.

iOS5 and lateste stereo firmware required for bluetooth music info to appear on the dash. I upgraded from the download without a hitch.

So i just download from the link above plug it in & thats it? :) how long did yours take?

INath do you have any idea why mine is doing that? :/

Not sure I'm afraid

So i just download from the link above plug it in & thats it? :) how long did yours take?

Takes about 20mins.

Not sure I'm afraid

Takes about 20mins.

Called my local ford dealer & asked why the fan was coming on he said it was normal it was just the module shutting down? So thats a relief!

Whilst that's true the DPF's weren't introduced until the '10' plate.

Thats good to know. Think I will steer clear any how.