Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Please Help - Braking Issue

tootintoot

Hi All

Im new to the site, and would like your adsvise?

Basically, the other day i was pulling of the slip road off the motorway. Applied the brakes, and the car tried taking me into the hard shoulder!!!! It pulled very sharply to the left.

Took it to quick fit, they said it was due to the bottom arms being warn and wanted £200 for the pleasure. And also both front tires where warn on the inside. They also checked the car for brake balance but all seemed ok?

Any way did the bottom arms my self (£40 for the parts)

Handling does now seem inproved but the car is still pulling to the left when braking. Any ideas??

Thanks for reading

Dave

Hi All

Im new to the site, and would like your adsvise?

Basically, the other day i was pulling of the slip road off the motorway. Applied the brakes, and the car tried taking me into the hard shoulder!!!! It pulled very sharply to the left.

Took it to quick fit, they said it was due to the bottom arms being warn and wanted £200 for the pleasure. And also both front tires where warn on the inside. They also checked the car for brake balance but all seemed ok?

Any way did the bottom arms my self (£40 for the parts)

Handling does now seem inproved but the car is still pulling to the left when braking. Any ideas??

Thanks for reading

Dave

sounds like the brake caliper is stick on or hose may be resticked on that side :)

Thanks for the reply......but if that was the case wouldn't it have shown up when they had it on the rollers to check the brake balance?

Thanks for the reply......but if that was the case wouldn't it have shown up when they had it on the rollers to check the brake balance?

I had a similar issue on a Honda. It was fine when braking from lower speeds, but at motorway speeds it would pull me across a lane which was scary. The one caliper was semi siezed. Kwik Fit wanted £450 to replace it (this was 15 years ago). Instead I took the caliper off pushed on the brake pedal, sprayed a load of WD40 on it, pushed the piston back in, kept doing this for about half an hour, put it back together and it was fine after that.

They should have spotted the brake balance if they put the car on rollers, but unless they were braking from higher speeds it may not have shown up. It was Kwik Fit as well who are not always the brightest bunch. A couple of guys from our local branch have gone inside for running over a child and killing him in a customers Porsche, which they had no reason to be driving.

• Like 1

Yeah that's the case. It doesn't seem to be an issue at low speeds. Thanks for your help.

• 2 weeks later...

Have you had the tracking done since you changed the lower arms?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club