Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting St Gauge Pod To Focus Tdci Dash

Lenny

Cheers bud! I'm getting there mate... I don't hink i have the patience to do the guides on here though, much as i'd like to help people out, i just KNOW i'd forget to take pictures as i go along, i get far too involved in what i'm doing to stop for a cig/cuppa/snap/wee! :huh:

No problem mate,

chances are that one of us will copy you on the mods anyway as you have some great ideas and if its me,

im a non smoker so where you would be having a smoke ill be taking some pictures :D

A litle help over here guyss please write me the name of the pop up tray so i can search it becouse i spend hours searching last night or some link maybe eBay will be wheryy helpfull! plaese and thank you :D

• Like 1

Any updates Lenny?

not yet mate, sorry to say it will be around 14th March

i have to purchase

two gauge holders,

oil temp T piece,

electrical cable for oil sensor,

self sealing 1/6NPT adaptor for boost pipe,

should be able to complete it then mate. i was supposed to finish the gauges this month but i got the focus back on the road instead and decided to finish them next month instead, aswell as fitting a set of DRL's like pree's B)

No problem mate,

chances are that one of us will copy you on the mods anyway as you have some great ideas and if its me,

im a non smoker so where you would be having a smoke ill be taking some pictures :D

Cheers Lenny, piccy taking is easier on the old lungs too mate... But i'm one of those "think and a smoke" types... :ph34r:

• Like 1

A man after my own heart ;) Great minds n' all that.... B)

• Like 1

Any updates Lenny?

its been a long time coming but im Very Happy to say,

this guide has been updated on page 1 of this thread and i have fitted the gauges in the pod today,

they are wired up and illuminating aswell as an ignition feed going to the oil pressiure gauge,

however i still require some fittings for the engine compartment to allow both gauges to function, i hope to have these purchased by thursday of next week and fitted in the coming weeks along with a set of DRL's which also require some routing through the firewall so i will route all through at the one time.

Image1575.jpg

Image1576.jpg

Image1577.jpg

Image1578.jpgImage1583.jpg

took it out for a run earlier, purposly drove on a cobble street road to test for any jumping in the pod or rattles, and im very proud to say not a budge or rattle from anything. very happy with the outcome.

ill upload some night pictures later. ;)

Lenny, that looks fantastic

hats off to you for having th balls to do this :D

where did you get those gauges from, they look sweet!

• Like 1

As promised here are some night pictures :

Image1590.jpg

Image1591.jpg

Lenny, that looks fantastic

hats off to you for having th balls to do this :D

where did you get those gauges from, they look sweet!

thanks mate,

i bought the gauges from simon at woodford motorsport on eBay

http://stores.ebay.c...&_sid=117815677

their a little pricey but worth every penny in my eyes and their Ford so they go very well in the dash.

What an absolute cracking result! B) B) B) And it all looks factory! Well done Lenny!

• Like 1

What an absolute cracking result! B) B) B) And it all looks factory! Well done Lenny!

Thanks very much for the comments Ste im really proud of the results.

ive added to the guide on page 1 of this, to show how i fitted them in to place.

Looked horribly messy when in progress but well worth the effort.

Good result there.

• Like 1

Looked horribly messy when in progress but well worth the effort.

Good result there.

Thanks mate,

i didnt expect it to turn out as it has done but im very glad it did, no errors except for a little scuff on the rear side of the dash but i can patch it with some paint or somthing, could have been alot worse lol

Very nice work Lenny , a top tropper for cutting that dash out and fitting , a top guide.

You and Leemaxd have a unique dashboard. very well done and thank you for a top guide.

• Like 1

Really looks the part mate, well done.

Thanks Lee,

couldnt have done it without your help along the way mate,

and thanks for informing us that this was possible to fit the st pod in to the standard focus dash.

Very nice work Lenny , a top tropper for cutting that dash out and fitting , a top guide.

You and Leemaxd have a unique dashboard. very well done and thank you for a top guide.

Thanks Pree,

hopfully myself and Leemaxd wont be the only ones to ever complete this modification,

i hope that someone finds this guide of use and takes on to do this modification them selves, and perhaps add another few inages on here. their is a bit of work envolved but it is 100% rewarding in the end, i keep going out to look at mine, and i cant wait to get them up and running.

even if your model doesnt have a turbo, the ST pod can be fitted and the front face wrapped in matt vynil leaving a flat surface to fit a parrot bluetooth system or a scan gauge OBD reader, their are various options that can be done, not just the round gauges.

Image1428.jpg

scangauge.jpg

Here is a link to the scan gauge kit on eBay apparently the backlight on the scan gauge display can be changed to various colours to blend in with the interior lights: http://www.ebay.co.u...=item3a70ade588

Image1427.jpg above is another picture of the empty pod to give others an idea of the internal space.

Further Update,

since the 1.6TDCi engine doesnt have a boost pipe that we can add a T piece and tap in to it for a boost gauge reading,

i logged on to roose motorsport and purchased a 1/8NPT self sealing adaptor,

http://roosemotorspo...products_id=526

its worth every penny, comes supplied with a cutter and fully illustrated instructions, also very light weight and saved me over £50 by not needing to purchase a custom built hose with a 1/8NPT take off.

here's how i fitted it in place:

Image1602.jpg

Below is a picture of what comes supplied in the kit,

Image1599.jpg

The item in the image below, is the cutter, this part goes on the inside of the hose and using a rubber mallet, hit the outside corresponding area of the hose, once and the cutter will create the hole needed to fit the adaptor.

Image1603.jpg

As you can see from the slight buckle in the image below, i kit it with a steel hammer because i didnt have a rubber mallet lol but the results are the same on this ocasion for me, but i recommend following the instructions word for word in full.

Image1610.jpg

SelfSealKitStep10.jpg

SelfSealKitStep11.jpg

SelfSealKitStep13.jpg

SelfSealKitStep14.jpg

The next step is to remove and discard of the cutter,

then insert the threaded adaptor in to place,

the instructions state that the rubber washer is not required if fitting to a rubber hose, apparently the rubber washer is used when fitting to hard plastic, but i thought better to fit it than throw it away, so i stuck it on their too,

on the outside of the unit as it should be fitted in accordance with the instructions.

SelfSealKitStep15.jpg

SelfSealKitStep17.jpg

SelfSealKitStep18.jpg

SelfSealKitStep19.jpg

Using an adjustable spanner gently tighten the nut until you feel that it is secure, take care not to over tighten because this could weaken the hose and cause the fitting to tear the hose or leak.

SelfSealKitStep20.jpg

SelfSealKitStep22.jpg

SelfSealKitStep21.jpg

End result is an air tight seal on the siide of the pipe,

unfortunitly darkness has gotten the better of me today, but i will ne back at it in the morning to run the boost pope through the firewall behind the glove box, along the side panel and in to the fitting.

Can't wait for the Youtubeeeeeee :)

i have re-fitted the pipe to the engine, but prior to refitting i wraped the self sealing adaptor with some electrical tape to prevent any dirt from entering the pipe until i fit the pipe from the gauge to the fitting.

SelfSealKitStep2-1.jpg

SelfSealKitStep3-1.jpg

Image1636_1.jpg

thanks mate,

i bought the gauges from simon at woodford motorsport on ebay

http://stores.ebay.c...&_sid=117815677

their a little pricey but worth every penny in my eyes and their Ford so they go very well in the dash.

flippin ell, how much! you feeling a bit flush??? they do look sweet though and they look great at night, remember to keep your eyes on the road and not the gauges!

• Like 1