Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting St Gauge Pod To Focus Tdci Dash

Lenny

Can't wait for the Youtubeeeeeee :)

lol ill see what i can doo mate,

defo going to give it full throttle when the pipe is in,

im very interested to see what PSi the gauge will display :D

Lenny, you are indeed the man.

Oh to have all that spare time and ingenuity to do all the work you have.

if i was to start cutting the dash and making holes in pipes the wife would go postal beyond belief.

You've either a very understanding wife or lock her in the cupboard while you attack the car.

• Like 1

flippin ell, how much! you feeling a bit flush??? they do look sweet though and they look great at night, remember to keep your eyes on the road and not the gauges!

I know mate, the ford gauge's are pricey but their a perfect match,

had i purchased anything different i would always tell my self ''yeah their nice but they could be ford branded ones'' lol

so i took the plunge and bought the ford ones after weeks of debate lol

Still the big question is - is your wife a very understanding person? :wub: or do i need to start investigating reports that you have taken up laying patios in the middle of the night? <_< ;) :P :D :lol:

• Like 1

Still the big question is - is your wife a very understanding person? :wub: or do i need to start investigating reports that you have taken up laying patios in the middle of the night? <_< ;) :P :D :lol:

lol

i dont drink or smoke and i did do a few jobs around the house before the packages come in the door lol,

the best advise though is to get them deliverd to your mates house, he can remove all the invoices and send you the goods, so you can then forge your own paypal reciept and produce it to the missus.

not saying that she will be happy with that either, but while shes giving out to me, i can think ''wow imagie how mad she would be if she knew how much they really cost me'' lmao

I hear that. :P

If the wife knew how much i really pay for most of the bits for my car she'd have an real meltdown.

She's a Belfast girl so you can imagine how angry she can get... :wacko:

I am very considerate in bed though (as in i get out to !Removed!) :o :P

• Like 1

Lenny, you are indeed the man.

Oh to have all that spare time and ingenuity to do all the work you have.

if i was to start cutting the dash and making holes in pipes the wife would go postal beyond belief.

You've either a very understanding wife or lock her in the cupboard while you attack the car.

lol cheers clive, i was unemployed for 7months when i done most of the guides though, so i was happy to have something to keep me busy and killed alot of time doing the guides for you guys.

i leave her with the two kids, and stick on the headphones lol

she sometimes screams at me '' i used to like ford focus till you bought one and started moding it'' lol

or ''you spend more time on the car than you do one me these days'' :rolleyes:

and your a true gentle man ''getting out to !Removed!'' lol

my mothor is a belfast woman too, so i know too well what you mean mate. :unsure:

my mothor is a belfast woman too, so i know too well what you mean mate. :unsure:

They are a force to behold when up to full steam and no mistake. :unsure:

I thought i could be fierce when provoked. :blink:

My tongue has more teeth marks than are safely advisable. :P

But i do love my little hellcat so. :wub:

• Like 1

Finally got the boost pipe fitted and the boost gauge is now fully functional, maximum reading i can get from it is 20 PSi

here is how i done it,

first i removed the glove box to gain access to the firewall and the rubber grommet that leads in to the engine bay.

Image1644.jpg

Once this has been removed i opened the bonnet and pulled ot the rubber grommet towards the engine compartment, it has electrical tape wrapped around either end so i took this off to allow me to fish the boost pipe and oil sensor feed through the grommet, then taped it up as was when im finished.

Image1640.jpg

remove the black tape from either side of the grommet, then push the boost pipe through the hole, once it has reached the other side, feed it through gently ensuring the pipe doesnt kink, also tape the sensor cable to the boost pipe and pull it through too, this will make it very easy because the boost pipe is more rigid than the electrical cable.

Image1642.jpg

Image1643.jpg

Once the cables have been completly brought through the grommet, you can re-seal the gromment on both sides using electrical tape, as it was prior to removal but with new tape.

Image1649.jpg

Image1651.jpg

I then rolled up the sensor cable and sat it in the battery box until i get the parts for the oil sensor fitted,

i taped the boost pipe in black to better blend in with the engine bay, and run the pipe under the battery box and air filter box, along the front of the chassie and in to the pipe,

using teflon tape on all the fittings for an air tight seal.

Image1653.jpg

Image1654.jpg

Good work Lenny , you will be pulling out that grommet next week when the DRL's arrive :)

• Like 1

Good work Lenny , you will be pulling out that grommet next week when the DRL's arrive :)

thanks pree, i was just thinking the same thing today when i was tapeing it up lol

ill be here again the same time next saturday morning fitting the DRL's lol

• 2 weeks later...

Update on this:

I got to work yesterday cutting out the piece of Perspex to fill the gap between the two gauges, and wrapped it in matt black vinyl

ill add some pictures of it fitted to the pod later today

also last Saturday I fitted a set of DRL's to the front of the car, their fantastic and I’m very happy with them,

but the problem I have is:

when I wired in the gauges i spliced their backlight's in to the loom of the interior lights, which was fine when i used to drive around with my parking lights on all of the time, but since fitting the drl's I don’t need to switch on my lights anymore,

so my theory is,

to connect the backlights of the gauges to one of those DRL controllers from eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.u..._fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

then connect the controller to the ignition feed and connect the sensor cable from the purchased DRL controller to the interior light feed,

so the results would be the gauges would come on at full illumination when the ignition is on,

and then when the interior lights are switched on,

the gauges would dim along with the Speedo gauge.

this may help others.

Lenny do they need to be lit up during the day?

• Like 1

Lenny do they need to be lit up during the day?

well i can see the needle and stuff but im just used to seeing them illuminated mate

and the little pod puts a shadow over them,

ill give it a week and see how i get used to it,

do you reckon the drl dimmer idea would work though ?

• 3 months later...

Lenny, you got this guide in a PDF?

• Like 1

Lenny, you got this guide in a PDF?

not yet mate,

ill start at 7pm this evening and ill group it all togeater in one PDF then upload it on the forum by 11pm and ill PM you a link to inform you that is online.

ive been meaning to get to it for ages but ill have the time to do it this evening.

cheers matey. if i get time i am gonna try and atleast cut the dash. gonna try and do the bonnet vents tomorrow so wish me luck! Wife's going to her moms for the weekend so thought i'd get busy. promised the boys i'd take them to watch spiderman if they behave and let me work on the car.

• Like 1

cheers matey. if i get time i am gonna try and atleast cut the dash. gonna try and do the bonnet vents tomorrow so wish me luck! Wife's going to her moms for the weekend so thought i'd get busy. promised the boys i'd take them to watch spiderman if they behave and let me work on the car.

thoughts are with you mate,

you may wish to do the bonnet first because the cutting of the dash took me 8 hours to complete using the dremil and measuring twice.

ive started the PDF by copying all of the content mate but its currently at 107 pages so it needs alot of editing to bring it down to a more printer friendly size,

PM_smiley.gif

ill email you the images of the modification and the guide in a word doccument format so you can then print the sectios you require for yourself mate,

ill edit the guide on PDF in the coming weeks and upload it to the first page of this thread for all interested to download once i have reduiced the pages and correctly worded the content

• 5 months later...

Hey,

my name is Arthur. I'm from Poland.

I found your description of the installation of dashpod of the Focus ST. I wanted to ask you - is it possible to install the original ST dashpod to Focus 1.8 TDCI with original electrical harness? I found the wiring diagrams in which it is written that the oil temp, turbo work by installing the HS-CAN.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Poland

• Like 2

Hey,

I found your description of the installation of dashpod of the Focus ST. I wanted to ask you - is it possible to install the original ST dashpod to Focus 1.8 TDCI with original electrical harness? I found the wiring diagrams in which it is written that the oil temp, turbo work by installing the HS-CAN.

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Poland

Hey,

Sorry for my English.

Greetings from Poland

Hi Arthur,

You are very welcome to the forum.

The Focus ST pod and pod surround can be fitted to any focus from 2005-2010 yes.

But im not aware of the HS-CAN loom available or what is required to fully function.

But an aftermarket boost gauge is required for diesel models due to the diesel boost levels being higher than petrol models

So the ST boost gauge would ring off the scale in 3rd gear my 1.6TDCi peaks at 22Psi boost

Im interested to learn more information regarding the HS-CAN and function of stock gauge in non st models.

The closest gauge i could find were ford Racing gauges from ford in america.

• 3 months later...

Been on the sick since monday and was getting bored yesterday and stumbled across this guide, and may I say to Lenny, thankyou and superb.

Ten minutes later was on eBay and won this

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ford-focus-st-2-3-2006-10-top-dash-turbo-gauge-panel-off-08-model-/111042528525?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=E5vXcdojOt9zAKigPoIS7L8MkfA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

There was less than two minutes to go, so was obviously meant to be. My problem is I don't think it has the actual tray with it. Can anybody advise as to a part number or "official" name for the tray? I will obviously need to source one before I start cutting my dash.

I will also be trying to wire it into tha can bus. Does anybody have any clear shots of the supplied PCB, so I can read what is written on th ICs, and any shots of the connector and the area it connects to the PCB?

• Like 1

I had that in my watched items but didn't bother bidding! Says in the listing though that it 'comes with panel' so I assumed that was everything needed. Didn't contact the seller to clarify though as I was pretty sure I wasn't gonna bid on it. Have you asked him what 'panel' he's referring to?

Sal on here had a complete unit with dash panel for sale in the Buy & Sell section a while back. Not sure if it's still available, but he may be able to supply you with the panel if you do indeed need it.

• Like 1

He hasn't posted yet, and I read the description as including panel to mean the tray, but then thought does he mean the surround only? I didn't want to contact seller and ask as I have already paid and he could turn around and say "Oh no, tray not included, but you can have it for £50 !"

If it turns up without the tray then I will contact the seller and say the listing was misleading, the picture shows the gauges and pod, and his listing states panell included. Which I take to mean a panel not shown in the image. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

@gforce, can I ask why you didn't bid, did you spot something that I didn't? (and you just reminded me I offered to do a favour for Sal,oops).

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club