Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting St Gauge Pod To Focus Tdci Dash

Lenny

I picked up the panel section for 50 pounds from the same breakers as the gauges at the time.

If sal can't supply then try asking breakers on eBay for the st pod surround section that the pod itself clips in to.

@gforce, can I ask why you didn't bid, did you spot something that I didn't? (and you just reminded me I offered to do a favour for Sal,oops).

No, not at all mate. I just have a lot else on my plate at the minute so decided not to give in to the temptation. The ST pod is pretty low down my wishlist for a number of reasons...

1) ST kit, new exhaust, wheel refurb all in the pipeline

2) my car has a blue interior/dash, so not sure if the the black pod would suit well without needing wrapped or sprayed

3) and finally I just dunno if I would have the time, patience and skill to wire it up to work properly, so undecided about installing it as a dummy.

I'm sure it's 100% otherwise the seller would have said, so have no fear on my behalf, just didn't fancy it this time. All the best with it though and hope you get sorted with the panel. ;)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hy little question to revive the topic :D Lenny and other that made this mod when cutting in the dash is there something special to look out for ? Or just masure twice cut once ? I was thinking modding my mk2 with a dash compartiment to keep my car papers like insurance and stuff but seeing how cool this looks i kinda want it now . And last question how much was that st gauge pod ? 50 squids ?

• Like 1

Hy little question to revive the topic :D Lenny and other that made this mod when cutting in the dash is there something special to look out for ? Or just masure twice cut once ? I was thinking modding my mk2 with a dash compartiment to keep my car papers like insurance and stuff but seeing how cool this looks i kinda want it now . And last question how much was that st gauge pod ? 50 squids ?

Hi Ilie,

When you remove the speedometer cluster,

Shine a torch in to the area look up at the plastic corresponding under the dash,

You will see scribed markings in the plastic to cut within these scribed rings,

Image1300.jpg

Although these markings are there,

Id still strongly advise starting with a small hole then trim it out bigger as required,

Continue to offer up the pod surround ensuring your still on track at all times,

Especially when cutting out the large section above the centre air vents,

Cut small in the centre then trim it out millimeters at a time until it just fits,

STGaugeFitting35.jpg

There is allowances for speed bump imperfections because tge pod surround has a small lip overhang covers the largest hole surround a little,

But when drilling the top for the spikes you can afford to be a little messy because its all going to be covered,

I recommend starting with them first.

• 11 months later...

Can anybody supply the rough measurements for the ST pod hood? I want to see if my iPhone 5 would fit without having to chop the dash.

Sent from my iPhone using Ford OC

• Like 1

Can anybody supply the rough measurements for the ST pod hood? I want to see if my iphone 5 would fit without having to chop the dash.

Hi David,

Do you want measurement of the exposed opening area?

Ill see what i can do today.

Hi lenny,

Yes please mate, also the height and width of the outer cover. Have tried making my own pod to house the phone but it doesnt look OEM which puts me off

• Like 1

Hi lenny,

Yes please mate, also the height and width of the outer cover. Have tried making my own pod to house the phone but it doesnt look OEM which puts me off

Will do,

Ill measure and post pictures,

When doing your own pod; imperfections can be hidden by using some filler and sandpaper followed by spraying with primer and having it hydrodipped in a matt finish,

A bit of money involved in that process but some results.

Funny enough i had sprayed what i currently made in matt black plasicote and looks good. Just as ive made it with wood that the curves dont look slick like the original ST pod that curves. Was thinking to buy the plastic trim off eBay and cut with dremel to fit if the sizes are right. :-)

• 2 weeks later...

Will do,

Ill measure and post pictures,

When doing your own pod; imperfections can be hidden by using some filler and sandpaper followed by spraying with primer and having it hydrodipped in a matt finish,

A bit of money involved in that process but some results.

Any luck on the dimensions for the ST pod lenny?

Any luck on the dimensions for the ST pod lenny?

Sorry to have left you hanging mate,

I have been intending to get measurements many times but ended up getting side tracked into somthing else.

Here's the pod with a reputable Stanley Measuring tape.

If you need more details let me know and ill get to you a bit quicker ;)

IMG_20150809_094117_zpsrvfpledl.jpg

IMG_20150809_094141_zpsop5pk0ux.jpg

IMG_20150808_183523_zps5qbosk8l.jpg

IMG_20150808_183546_zpsx6tjkgpo.jpg

IMG_20150808_183619_zpskrdaccro.jpg

IMG_20150808_183630_zpsnm2zknpc.jpg

Fantastic! Cheers lenny. Very helpful but it looks that unfortunately the iphone5 is about a cm and half bigger so doubt it would fit. Back to the drawing board i think lol

• Like 1

Fantastic! Cheers lenny. Very helpful but it looks that unfortunately the iphone5 is about a cm and half bigger so doubt it would fit. Back to the drawing board i think lol

No mate,

My gauges are 52mm

In terms of height

Just put it facing at a bit of a slant you wont notice to look at it because it will be facing up towards you,

In terms of width

The front surround on the pod is rubber lip its around 3mm wide

Like your thinking.. Slant it a bit. Im going to try that. Gonna buy a pod off eBay to try

• Like 1

• 11 months later...

I will be selling this complete custom ST gauge pod and dash section complete with both of the official Ford Racing gauges and the intercooler pipe with Roose Motorsport pipe adaptor and brand new oil pressure sensor; everything required to complete this guide including auto dimmer.

everything except the plastic boost pipe hose (to link gauge to intercooler) which are available new for under 10 pounds

it's just not worth removing battery and firewall grommet to retrieve it since there only 10 quid new. 

And considering the Ford Racing  gauges themselves retail at 100GBP - 120GBP each and are universal fit to any model

I'm selling the complete kit for 140GBP including tracked shipping if interested payment via PayPal that's a saving of over 290 pounds

Cheers👍

Lenny what are you replacing them with?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, salsheikh said:

Lenny what are you replacing them with?

Dash Top storage compartment,

Maybe fit SatNav inside.

#JohnnysGotYouCovered 

1_zpsk0xeizhd.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

curious to know what the reason for ditching the mod was Lenny?

I'm just looking at it doing something myself, maybe even installing a Raspberry Pi with a screen to provide custom gauges tho a bit of me is thinking the real gauge looks much better than  a screen.

12 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

curious to know what the reason for ditching the mod was Lenny?

I'm just looking at it doing something myself, maybe even installing a Raspberry Pi with a screen to provide custom gauges tho a bit of me is thinking the real gauge looks much better than  a screen.

My reason for removal is because I won't have the 18" ST alloys fitted after this set of tyres need replacing I'm going back to 16" due to the change in tyre compounds the 18" are not as efficent as once were,

since it won't have the alloys, stripes are coming off too, so the gauge pod will look a bit out of place on the dash when it's not as appealing on the outside.

duplex exhaust is already gone off it too because while I'm in work on occasion the missus takes the car and parks literally anywhere when visiting some of her relatives whom rent cheap. 

where it was likely to be removed for me😁 so being the owner thought I should get there first so it's back to single elbow curled under bumper. 

Overall i reckon the ford racing gauges were the besy option because not many car manufacturers provide there own licenced line of aftermarket gauges, they weren't cheap but there's no better, even in a mustang or F150 if your fitting a boost gauge this it the one 

I'm also in favour of installing screens as you know too. Both options look excellent all depends on if your wanting to look hi tech modern or add the upgrade with some heritage to it.

ah, I see, thats fair enough, was wondering if something had gone wrong or didn't work out, if id have known about the exhaust I might have been interested in that, I need to do some serious thinking about the Pod though, analogue gauges would be the easiest solution but if I could get a digital display working it would be great and much easier to mount, could even connect up a GPS to it and put the stock ford DAB radio back on it, the only issue is the sensors, id need digital sensors and a means to then connect that to the Pi via its GPIO ports, its a pretty big project.  you pulling any other bits off I might be interested in? ;)

• Like 1

Dee check my car thread. I installed a Samsung media player and used the Torque app. I also happen to have a DAB 6 disc changer head unit up for grabs if your interested...

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dee_82 said:

ah, I see, thats fair enough, was wondering if something had gone wrong or didn't work out, if id have known about the exhaust I might have been interested in that, I need to do some serious thinking about the Pod though, analogue gauges would be the easiest solution but if I could get a digital display working it would be great and much easier to mount, could even connect up a GPS to it and put the stock ford DAB radio back on it, the only issue is the sensors, id need digital sensors and a means to then connect that to the Pi via its GPIO ports, its a pretty big project.  you pulling any other bits off I might be interested in? ;)

Electronic sensors for gauges are simple enough to install, not sure about the other things you mentioned there mate 😅 don't know what they are. 

Only other item is the rear diffuser but the shipping cost for that would match the asking price and I don't like advertising local because always get some sort of story teller or someone who sees somthing that isint for sale and comes back for it,

So I'm thinking of just leaving it on the car and that was all I was considering selling.

The side skirts can't come off neither because the frame was drilled to mount them.

The entertainment stuff inside; keeps the kids happy in the back so all that's staying. 

• Like 1

that's understandable, just out of interest, whats your asking price for that diffuser? that's the legit ford one with the skirt if I remember correctly?

The sensors themselves are simple enough, its controlling them that's the problem, id need to get it connected via a GPIO which is basically a serial port. the tricky bit is getting software that will be able to work with that data, I have some ability to do this stuff but unless I can find someone that's already done something like it ill be up against it.

Sal, is that the android HU you were talking about?  I was looking towards android as an OS to run on the Pi but its the getting software that can listen to data from the new sensors, I did toy with the idea of replacing my Windows CE HU with an android one but as you will have noticed, the location of that screen on the HU makes it a pure nightmare to see when theres some sunlight.  that's what attracted me to the pod, with the overhanging hood it should reduce that a lot!

5 minutes ago, Dee_82 said:

that's understandable, just out of interest, whats your asking price for that diffuser? that's the legit ford one with the skirt if I remember correctly?

The sensors themselves are simple enough, its controlling them that's the problem, id need to get it connected via a GPIO which is basically a serial port. the tricky bit is getting software that will be able to work with that data, I have some ability to do this stuff but unless I can find someone that's already done something like it ill be up against it.

Sal, is that the android HU you were talking about?  I was looking towards android as an OS to run on the Pi but its the getting software that can listen to data from the new sensors, I did toy with the idea of replacing my Windows CE HU with an android one but as you will have noticed, the location of that screen on the HU makes it a pure nightmare to see when theres some sunlight.  that's what attracted me to the pod, with the overhanging hood it should reduce that a lot!

I'd be asking 150gbp for the diffuser cost 275 in primer grey now colour coded and Peugeot graphite grey.

shipping could be as much as 60GBP mate, DPD or GLS probably the only carriers willing to transport an item of such size from previous experience.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club