Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless Ignition Glitch

TDCiST

Last night i had a little glitch with my keyless ignition...

I dropped a friend off at her house, and when she got out the car bleeped and flashed "Key Not Detected"

The car was still running, and once she had gone i drove off, to be acompanied by lots of beeping and the same warning message...

After a few seconds i decided to risk turning the car off and on again... this worked, but then the beeping returned, for about a minute, then it stopped... ive had no problems since...

Only thing i can think of, is that i had the keys in my back pocket all day yesterday, so wondering if ive drained the battery by sitting on the various buttons...

Anyone else got any thoughts?

It could be that the actual keys were boarding on the edge of being too far away from the sensor , i can hang my key just outside drivers window and it says the same.

If i place my key on the back seat the car will report the same

They were in my cupholder just behind the gearstick... where they always are lol!!

It just seemed odd it only happened when the door opened... yet today no issues!

Ah well, if it happens again ill book it in! Whats a warranty for eh!

They were in my cupholder just behind the gearstick... where they always are lol!!

It just seemed odd it only happened when the door opened... yet today no issues!

Ah well, if it happens again ill book it in! Whats a warranty for eh!

when i picked up my courtesy car it did the same they stuck it in for a software upgrade and it was fine from then on for the week i had it mite need the same done

when i picked up my courtesy car it did the same they stuck it in for a software upgrade and it was fine from then on for the week i had it mite need the same done

I'll look into that after Xmas!!

A friend had this once but it never happened again. Weird. Too much technology the cars can't cope!! :P

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club