Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warranty On Brand New Focus

Focusman

Hi Forum,

I picked up a brand new '58 Ford Focus last Saturday. Today being Thursday, the car has only been out of the garage twice since then, not including a shopping trip tonight. When we shop we park the car in the under store car park at our local Morrisons. On returning to our car tonight and opening the hatch to put shopping in, my wife noticed a crack on the left hand rear light cover. I then inspected the right hand one and found three further cracks on the side next to the rear windshield glass. It looks as if they were caused when the light covers were fitted. These are cracks, and are single straight lines. They are not the result of being struck with something. We had a '57 Ford Focus before this one, and didn't experience any problems. I am worried that this will not be covered by the warranty! :unsure:

Any opinions/advice gratefully received.

FocusMan

Hi Forum,

I picked up a brand new '58 Ford Focus last Saturday. Today being Thursday, the car has only been out of the garage twice since then, not including a shopping trip tonight. When we shop we park the car in the under store car park at our local Morrisons. On returning to our car tonight and opening the hatch to put shopping in, my wife noticed a crack on the left hand rear light cover. I then inspected the right hand one and found three further cracks on the side next to the rear windshield glass. It looks as if they were caused when the light covers were fitted. These are cracks, and are single straight lines. They are not the result of being struck with something. We had a '57 Ford Focus before this one, and didn't experience any problems. I am worried that this will not be covered by the warranty! :unsure:

Any opinions/advice gratefully received.

FocusMan

well if its a straight crack its not a whack mate

Take it back there and say you noticed this and its a not result of you. it must of came that way.

Thanks for the reply DAMOCL,

I took the car to my dealer today, and after a big apology they are replacing both lighting pods. They couldn't explain why it happened either.. Nevermind, the new pods are already on order, they did it there and then. Should be all repaired by the end of next week. I am very proud to be a Ford owner, B) the Focus is a superb car, and this forum is an excellent resource for all Ford owners. :D

Regards,

Focusman :)

Thanks for the reply DAMOCL,

I took the car to my dealer today, and after a big apology they are replacing both lighting pods. They couldn't explain why it happened either.. Nevermind, the new pods are already on order, they did it there and then. Should be all repaired by the end of next week. I am very proud to be a Ford owner, B) the Focus is a superb car, and this forum is an excellent resource for all Ford owners. :D

Regards,

Focusman :)

Thought they would replace it :D

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club