Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Window Plague

barmyarmy

Was working fine, parked up went to the footie jumped back in the motor, sparked a cig next go to put the window down and nothing! Just a smokey car by now ;)

It's a 52 plate Focus 1.6 Chic

The other window works even from the drivers side.

I can hear a click from the switch, checked all the fuses and they are ok.

Guess its the window regulator/motor?

Any advice or tips would be appreciated :)

Is there a relay? or is this all built into the window regulator??

Have a look in your manual and see if there is a relay, locate it and see if it clicks when u press the button.. If it does, its window/regulator side thats knackered.

Have a look in your manual and see if there is a relay, locate it and see if it clicks when u press the button.. If it does, its window/regulator side thats knackered.

Thanks.

No there isn't a relay for it.

I would start by taking the door card off and check for 12v at the window motor using a multimeter. If there is no current at the motor, than you are looking at a duff switch or broken wire. If you have current at the motor, than you have a knackered motor or jammed regulator.

Agreed. Switch or regulator at fault.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks for the advice.

Don't think I have a multimeter.

Does the regulator come separate from the motor or is it all as one?

Any tips to look out for when taking the door card off and replacing the regulator/motor ?

Agreed. Switch or regulator at fault.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks.

Does the regulator come separate to the motor?

Am I best of getting both and changing both? As I have no multimeter?

Will be trying the local scrappys soon whenever they are open next.

theres something on you tube its not much use tho ive just changed my regulator £65 from a Company called Andrew Page may be a bad idea going to the scrapper.Dont buy the kit of eBay it looks to much like hard work,the reg and the motor are separate so take the motor of the regulator and test it by plugging it back in then you will know which is at fault,hope this helps. :rolleyes:

theres something on you tube its not much use tho ive just changed my regulator £65 from a Company called Andrew Page may be a bad idea going to the scrapper.Dont buy the kit of Ebay it looks to much like hard work,the reg and the motor are separate so take the motor of the regulator and test it by plugging it back in then you will know which is at fault,hope this helps. :rolleyes:

Cheers bud

So was that £65 for the regulator or plus fitting?

Just wondered if there any tips or stuff to look out for when changing it?

I had to change it three times on my first car 306 !Removed! French electrics :/

Hi that shud fit £65 was just the part I did I myself took a good while it's very fiddley!! Good luck

Hi that shud fit £65 was just the part I did I myself took a good while it's very fiddley!! Good luck

Yeah so I've heard expect bruised knuckles ?!

Any tips advice mate ? Im changing front drivers regulator and motor on a 3 door, located one from a 3 door 2003 model at the scrappy for £25

All fitted :)

Took 3 hours overall to take the one off at the scrappy then take mine out and replace it :)

Fairly simple just got cut knuckles now ha

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club