Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Radio Won't Go Off

Missmoore

Hi, when I switch my car off the radio won't switch off automatically so I have to do it manually and the audio display panel light stays on constantly even when the cars been off for hours. Anyone got any advice for me please?

Has it been like this for a long time or has it just started doing this?

If it's always done it, it's because it's not been wired through the ignition and is effectively connected directly to the battery. It does no harm providing you remember to turn it off so you don't run your battery down. Fix it by removing the stereo and wiring it through the ignition. How easy or difficult ths is depends of how much of a bodge was done when the stereo was installed.

If it's recently started doing this then you most likely have developed a wiring fault or a fault with the stereo that is bypassing the ignition connection. Fix this by removing the stereo and checking the wiring. Again, exacly what will be needed won't be clear until the wiring or head unit is examined.

Cheers

Rog

Just started today, it's on a mk7 fiesta with the built in radio panel thingy so can't take it out either. The whole audio display section lights won't go off aswell

• Sad 1

I presume it's still under warranty? Get it booked in for them to check it out.

Cheers

Rog

• 8 months later...

Sorry to resurrect an old topic but my partners Fiesta mk7 was suffering from exactly this issue.

As a temporary fix I accessed the passenger compartment fuse box (behind the glove box) and removed and then immediately replaced fuse 20 (multifunction display fuse). This reset the radio display and allowed me to turn it off, therefore temporarily fixing the issue and allaying any concerns about draining the battery. Hope that helps someone.

• Sad 1

• 4 years later...

i had this problem develop today, as stated i removed fuse 20 and that sorted the issue. i hope that this isnt the start of electrical gremlins.. 

When I switch the engine off the radio will stay on, but when I open the door to get out the radio automatically cuts out.  When I get back into the car the radio comes back on when the key is turned to the ignition position.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

After my stock radio would not turn off, and it all hay wire with popping and craziness, I bought a new after market radio. My battery keep dieing tried to find the problem no luck. Paid a electrical shop to troubleshoot it. Said it was radio. Hmm, NO. Without the key turned on power is not supposed to go to radio. Looked into it more found out a delay relay may be bad. My car didn't have one. Looked at the next relay power accessories behind the glove box. Changed it with an alternate relay found on amazon. Problem fixed, been 3 weeks no dead battery and radio turns off when car is off.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Robert, can you list the ford part number of the relay you replaced?  9L2Z14N089A or similar (original part that went bad, not the replacement.)

• Sad 1

• 9 months later...

My radio or dashboard will not turn off . 2011 ford fiesta.

• Sad 1

Hi Sheianna, welcome to the Ford Owners Club. Sounds like a bit of hic-up in the BCM (Body Control Module). Disconnect the negative terminal of the battery and leave it off for half an hour. Reconnect and I expect things will return to normal.

• 4 months later...

When' radio is not turning off you should connect you're phone to the car bluetooth try to....  call someone and then hang up. If this doesn't work' you should go and see the  car auto electric.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 4 weeks later...

I encountered this same issue with the radio not turning off, after i removed and replaced a number of 7.5A fuses (to fix cruise control- which worked, although i'm still sure which fuse it is. Problem with this was i dropped a fuse, and while i found it i forgot which slot it had come out of, in the end i basically guessed. bad move, battery dead next day and radio not turning off problem. 

This is a 2011 fiesta Mk6  with (i now know)  "Passenger Compartment Fuse Box (Type 2; Europe)".  

For me, the solution was moving the fuse from position 4  to position 18.  

If it happened to you without touching the fuses, could be an issue there? 

10 minutes ago, wasted evening said:

2011 fiesta Mk6

2011 is a mk7 btw.

@Luke4efc - I think this is just a wind-up thread full of One Post Wonders, who like to join post and never come back, I wonder if they had to pay £5 to make their first post just how many of the time wasters would be willing to pay? 🤔

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Most likely its the bluetooth connect your phone and ring somebody, after you hang up switch your car off and it should work. Happened to me twice.

On 8/28/2021 at 1:47 AM, Calvin100 said:

When' radio is not turning off you should connect you're phone to the car bluetooth try to....  call someone and then hang up. If this doesn't work' you should go and see the  car auto electric.

This always works.

• 6 months later...

Hey, guys i've the same problem. But when i turn off battery and turn on, now radio won't start!!! 😞 I try looking the keyboard, change the capacitor but no luky. Fuse its ok, what can i look to investigate why radio wont turn on? Thanks

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, stukford said:

change the capacitor

You changed the 'Flux Capacitor' ???? what year are you in now ? 🤣

13 hours ago, unofix said:

You changed the 'Flux Capacitor' ???? what year are you in now ? 🤣

Lol, capacitor not chennelizer 🙂

• Confused 1

I still do not understand a single word. What is a 'chennelizer' ?

1 hour ago, unofix said:

I still do not understand a single word. What is a 'chennelizer' ?

Guessing it's meant to be channelizer.  Think there's a bit of a language barrier here. :unsure:

Nobody have watched "Back to The Future...", oh still found that's a different translation from the movie. In original was flux capacitor, but in other languages become flux channelizer.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club