Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Interior Light

anton b

Whilst upgrading the courtesy light to a brighter LED bulb I managed to loosen the small black bulb holder part and send it into the headlining and can't get to it. Any ideas of a part number and or where I could get a replacement, searched eBay with no success.

Or cheeky question if anyone has done the mondeo glasses holder upgrade has one of the original parts they would sell?

hey! i just did the exact same thing and managed to get myself out of it!

i'm assuming you've removed the transparent lens/cover that goes over the bulb right?

well you can also remove the grey plastic bit that that clips into, takes a bit of jimmying with your key and some gentle persuasion but eventually it comes out and you can see the wiring inside and you should be able to find the black bulb holder in there too, you then just need to screw it back into the grey plastic bit and pop that all back in

hope that helps!

Thanks for that, unfortunately I got that far myself and managed to slightly damage the fitting in the process so the fitting moves slightly upwards now as you press the left reading light. The holder actually ended up between the metal of the roof lining out of reach with every attempt to retrieve it pushing it further away. I last heard it slide across as I went round a roundabout and have not heard it since. I will contact my local dealer to see if I can sort out a replacement.

Went to local dealer today and was told I could only order a whole new fitting for £40 not just the small bulb holder to fit into existing fitting.

Does anyone know if I was to buy a different ford courtesy light fitting on eBay (not necessarily fiesta) do they all take w5w and would it have the part I require?

Went to local dealer today and was told I could only order a whole new fitting for £40 not just the small bulb holder to fit into existing fitting.

Does anyone know if I was to buy a different ford courtesy light fitting on ebay (not necessarily fiesta) do they all take w5w and would it have the part I require?

Hi Mate,

the units on the focus and mondeo are all the same part so yes if you buy one on eBay the fitment is identical to your existing one ;)

Hi Mate,

the units on the focus and mondeo are all the same part so yes if you buy one on ebay the fitment is identical to your existing one ;)

Thanks for the quick reply, would it matter which mondeo it was? as there seem to be more mk3 interior lights available than any other model.

Thanks for the quick reply, would it matter which mondeo it was? as there seem to be more mk3 interior lights available than any other model.

ill have a look now mate be back to you in 2 minutes ;)

Hi mate,

this unit will fit as an upgrade if you like Click Here i saw other MK7 owners fitting the sunglasses holder,

and the light unit will fit your existing slot but you wont have use for the ultra-sonic alarm beams that are fitted on either end of the light unit, but your existing light unit will fit the same sized slot if you take the bulb socket from the light and fit it to your existing one it will be a direct replacment B)

Hi mate,

this unit will fit as an upgrade if you like Click Here i saw other MK7 owners fitting the sunglasses holder,

and the light unit will fit your existing slot but you wont have use for the ultra-sonic alarm beams that are fitted on either end of the light unit, but your existing light unit will fit the same sized slot if you take the bulb socket from the light and fit it to your existing one it will be a direct replacment B)

Brilliant, thanks very much. :)

Brilliant, thanks very much. :)

no problem,

Ben has fitted one to his Mk7 see his build Click Here

Although I really like the sunglasses holder I'm not brave enough to start cutting into the roof lining. Also don't want to replace the fitting and lose the ambient lighting. Just good to know which fitting has the same W5W socket I can use to replace the lost one.

Thanks again

Although I really like the sunglasses holder I'm not brave enough to start cutting into the roof lining. Also don't want to replace the fitting and lose the ambient lighting. Just good to know which fitting has the same W5W socket I can use to replace the lost one.

Thanks again

no problem mate,

happy to be of assistance :)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club