Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just Picked Up My New Toy!

JamesZS

Hello again guys and girls...

Just picked up my frozen white zetec s and loving it. Great little car.

I have a couple of questions though.. The trip computer wont let me reset the mileage counter.. i can reset the MPG and Avg MPH but the mileage is on 1150 and wont reset, any ideas?

Also can anyone link me to some LED Bulbs for the interior light and number plate lights that they have used... Thanks a lot.

With the mileage one are you pressing and holding down so that the little - lines go all the way across? Its not just a case of press and hold for 2 seconds, you have to press and hold so it does this - - - - - - etc

Im pressing and holding for around 10 seconds or more and nothing is happening at all... not seeing any - - -

Are you on about total miles or trip miles? You can only reset the 2nd one for obvious reasons.

Trip miles... the one that you cycle through. Of course, i am not that silly! :lol:

• Like 1

ok well if anyone has any bright ideas (on the trip comp, and the led's) then please post up, but i have to go back to the dealers anyway... One of the headlights is out. Awesome stuff.

Turn it off and back on again :P (can you tell I work in IT...?)

Is that the first thing you IT people learn? :P I ring our IT helpdesk in work and honestly they just say 'Right if you switch it off and switch it back on... if your still having the problem call us back'

Hows about you stay right there buddy whilst I restart this thing instead of making me press 20 options and wait for another 15 minutes eh!?

ha i work in IT too so that is all to familiar. It is annoying me this problem though as i want to know what miles i can do on a tank.. i have got this car to save a little from my last car so would be good to know!

Are you using the left hand stalk to reset it? If that's the case, you need to press and hold the button on the rev counter display. This will reset the trip computer :)

I had a similar problem getting the trip to rest, i pressed and held in the button that sticks out of the rev counter side of the dials & that reset mine :)

Silly question, but are you doing it with the engine running?

I'm reasonably sure mine only resets with the engine running.

:huh:

Uh oh - odometer gate again. :o

:lol: in that same way that some cars have a three line display/others have a two/some have instant MPG/some don't - it seems that some cars reset on the indicator stalk, some on the dashboard and some even do both.

Uh oh - odometer gate again. :o

:lol: in that same way that some cars have a three line display/others have a two/some have instant MPG/some don't - it seems that some cars reset on the indicator stalk, some on the dashboard and some even do both.

lol what they're all different!?

how random of ford to do that

Mine just has the two lines

Temperature Always

Odomoter/Trip/Instant MPG/Average/Distance to Empty/Average Speed

Who is the man!? MARK is the man... thanks mate worked a treat. Feel a bit silly now lol. Thanks for all the replies appreciate it, looks like ive come to the right forum for help lol :)

So now for the LED light's question... what are the best LED lights (style of LED) for the Interior, Side lights, and number plate lights... I had LED's on my previous car, but the style of them i dont think would give the best effect on the new car. Are the number plate lights 501's aswell btw?

Who is the man!? MARK is the man... thanks mate worked a treat. Feel a bit silly now lol.

So you should :P!! Jk

LEDS are 501 and make a huge improvement in my opinion. I've got them in the sidelights, numberplate lights, fog lights and Interior.

eBay is the best place, get them for pennies; did a quick search and came up with these that match the ones i'm using (may not be the best/chepest) but a guide for size.

Fog Lights - Clicky

Interior Lights (Needed Three for my Fez) - Clicky

Sidelights (No need for Canbus) - Clicky

Number Plates - Clicky

If you have a search I put a post up a while back with comparisments!

nice one thanks for that. I dont think i will change the fogs to LED's as i very rarely use them. I have only one interior bulb in mine so that one you linked me to looks like it will be nice and bright with all the leds on it.

Do you not find that the led's your using for the number plate are a bit bright? reason i ask is my old car had 2 lights and they only had 3 led's on and were bright enough.. i dont want to obscure the number plate letters etc because the sun is shining down on them... Probably being over cautious asking that!