Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony 6 Cd 132 Removal Issues!!

Mische

Hello guys.

After having some work done on my mk3 mondeo I have learnt the hard way that I dont have the code for the radio. Not much of a problem except whatever I try I cannot get the radio out for the life of me! I have read many, many forums and have tried all the tricks but its stuck in solid. It seems to come out of the left hand side but the right wont budge.

My radio is a Sony 6CD CD132 1st Generation unit... http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=sony+6+cd+generation+1&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&rlz=1C1SVEA_enGB404GB404&biw=1366&bih=667&tbm=isch&tbnid=eTXNonmpdBK4LM:&imgrefurl=http://www.focusowners.com/home/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D10%26t%3D5336&docid=qB_ZjuU8o3020M&imgurl=http://www.caraudio-service.ru/Ford_C214-CD6_3M5T-18C815-HJ_CDX-FC214.jpg&w=800&h=427&ei=RBT6TpK1Lcnd8gOM_bW_AQ&zoom=1&iact=rc&dur=179&sig=113515513049116626789&page=1&tbnh=92&tbnw=173&start=0&ndsp=18&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0&tx=102&ty=28

There does seem to be a little confusion between 2 sets of radio release keys:

1. PC5-132 http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?rlz=1C1SVEA_enGB404GB404&q=PC5-132&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=shop&cid=11339352154302700608&sa=X&ei=chX6TpeXBcefOtqEnO0N&ved=0CEIQ8wIwAA

2. PC5-93 http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_categoryId_165626_productId_210981_langId_-1?cm_mmc=Shopping-_-Google%20Product%20Search-_-In-Car%20Technology%2FCar%20Audio%2FCar%20Audio%20Accessories-_-Autoleads%20Audio%20Release%20Keys%20PC5-93&source=shopping

Can someone please answer me once and for all which are the correct keys for the radio?? At least then I know I have the right keys even though I dont think its coming out in a hurry!!

Thanks

Hi mate,

The one for your radio is-

1. PC5-132

When you get all four keys inserted (flat sides outwards), push them outwards to disengage the springs and clips on the radio cage.

You will find that the radio is a bit of a git to remove.

I had to remove mine a few times when sorting out my bluetooth and found the keys lock in to the radio and can usually only be removed by pressing in the side springs where the keys lock in by hand.

Usually find one of the 4 keys is tighter than the others too, i nearly snapped one of the keys getting it out.

27122011061.jpg

• Like 1

Hi mate,

The one for your radio is-

1. PC5-132

When you get all four keys inserted (flat sides outwards), push them outwards to disengage the springs and clips on the radio cage.

You will find that the radio is a bit of a git to remove.

I had to remove mine a few times when sorting out my bluetooth and found the keys lock in to the radio and can usually only be removed by pressing in the side springs where the keys lock in by hand.

Usually find one of the 4 keys is tighter than the others too, i nearly snapped one of the keys getting it out.

27122011061.jpg

Cheers mate, thanks for your quick reply

Those are the keys I have and at least now I know Im using the correct keys for sure. It still wont come out though!! I can get the left hand side to pop off but the right just doesnt feel the same. When I insert the key it doesnt snap into place to give me something to pull against.

Ive got a real bad feeling the top left slot is faulty.

I will keep trying what you have said....

Thanks

Sometimes the keys need a good wiggle but i agree, some of the keys don't seem to locate cleanly at times.

A bit of patience and jiggling works in the end.

• Like 1

Sometimes the keys need a good wiggle but i agree, some of the keys don't seem to locate cleanly at times.

A bit of patience and jiggling works in the end.

Stoney,

Its not having it. The problem is with the top right slot its not releasing. I insert the keys in to the others and I can feel them click, but the top right one wont no matter how many times I try. Would it be possible if you could take a photo of the actual locking mechanism so i can see if my key is missing it? I have tried 'aiming' the key in different directions but its having none of it.

Cheers

Stoney,

Its not having it. The problem is with the top right slot its not releasing. I insert the keys in to the others and I can feel them click, but the top right one wont no matter how many times I try. Would it be possible if you could take a photo of the actual locking mechanism so i can see if my key is missing it? I have tried 'aiming' the key in different directions but its having none of it.

Cheers

Stoney.....

Its out!! The right hand side wasnt locking at all but with a carefully placed small screwdriver it finally came out after 4 days of trying!!

Thanks for your help pal

Told you they were gits to remove.

The older style were so much easier.

So you're removing the radio to put in a different one?

Have fun :)