Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is Bluetooth Covered Under Warranty?

fletchie

Hi,

I've decided to let the dealer have a look at my bluetooth and Ipod jack connection as they are really annoying me now.

My car is just under 3 years - it expires Jan 15th I think and wondered if the above is covered still? I have read another thread where an update is available but I don't have the USB connection to try and see if it helps.

Basically the bluetooth interupts the Ipod connection, it comes on when it shouldn't and if I try and disconnect the bluetooth, it stays on. The button to turn it off on the display stays ticked. Twice today my ipod was knocked off by the bluetooth and wouldn't come back on for at least half hour. I managed to get afew minutes play before it went off again. No amount of fiddling with the cable, switching the ipod on/off would help.

I would have thought it would come under warranty. Give it a go, nothing to lose

Thanks, Its booked in for Friday morning but in all honesty, I don't hold out much hope. They haven't exactly been helpful to me in the past but you never know..! I'll ask for an update and see how it goes. From what I can read going through the threads, is that the bluetooth is a common problem. I'll report back on Friday afternoon...

Have you updated the software? There is a thread on here where you can do it yourself.

Have you updated the software? There is a thread on here where you can do it yourself.

It shows that you need the USB connection to update it yourself. My car has bluetooth but does not have the USB port next to the jack connector by the gear stick. I haven't found how to do it if you haven't a USB port hence I'll ask Ford on Friday. I'm hoping it might help to sort the problem out.

In the past a few years ago Ford kept saying things like 'Oh no this bit is only covered for 1 year.... This part for 2.. but this other one is for 1 year'

My understanding is.. 3 year warranty. They never said otherwise. If time limits are imposed for certain things I should be made aware?

In the past a few years ago Ford kept saying things like 'Oh no this bit is only covered for 1 year.... This part for 2.. but this other one is for 1 year'

My understanding is.. 3 year warranty. They never said otherwise. If time limits are imposed for certain things I should be made aware?

Thanks...and that will be the stance I'll be taking with them too!

Thanks...and that will be the stance I'll be taking with them too!

Don't blame you.

If a part is only covered for 1 year out of a 3 year warranty you should be made aware of what IS covered by the 3 year warranty then as a warranty can be a very sweeping statement if it does not have any 'exclusions' (obviously excluding general wear and tear items)

Let us know how it goes though :)

Don't get conned into the whole 'We have to look into it first, if it's covered you'll get your money back'. Ford did that to me a few years ago with a stupid amount of rattles in the car.. They wanted to charge £100 an hour to investigate a problem that was clearly there. They then came back and said 'Interior trim is only covered for the first 12 months' hence my statement of 'You should be made aware of what IS covered'

Don't blame you.

If a part is only covered for 1 year out of a 3 year warranty you should be made aware of what IS covered by the 3 year warranty then as a warranty can be a very sweeping statement if it does not have any 'exclusions' (obviously excluding general wear and tear items)

Let us know how it goes though :)

Don't get conned into the whole 'We have to look into it first, if it's covered you'll get your money back'. Ford did that to me a few years ago with a stupid amount of rattles in the car.. They wanted to charge £100 an hour to investigate a problem that was clearly there. They then came back and said 'Interior trim is only covered for the first 12 months' hence my statement of 'You should be made aware of what IS covered'

Welcome to the real world where there is a little warranty manual supplied with each car.

Major components are 3 years, ICE/Paintwork etc are all different.

For e.g. paint is covered for 10, 15, or 20 years (I forget).

Welcome to the real world where there is a little warranty manual supplied with each car.

My last car was brand new... never had one

This car is a few months old... never had one

My dads car was brand new... never had one

Thanks though? :blink:

The trouble is I can't see anywhere in my manual (and i've looked) where it says explicity how long the ICE components are covered for.

I'm prepared for tomorrow - the guy who booked it in said the usual 'won't know if it's covered under warranty until they know what's wrong with it' which translates into '££££'s, kerching"

My last car was brand new... never had one

This car is a few months old... never had one

My dads car was brand new... never had one

Thanks though? :blink:

Don't be so mind bogglingly naive and ignorant. It's in your service manual. The same thing I guess someone of your caliber would have overlooked additionally, 'causes cars dun need no service at no specific interval'

Warranty.jpg

The same thing I guess someone of your caliber would have overlooked additionally, 'causes cars dun need no service at no specific interval'

I'm not a redneck from the deep south... I am aware cars require servicing, never missed one in my life so stop being such an !Removed!. Also try reading through that section yourself and seeing where it mentions anything about ICE etc. It doesn't state any timescales about interior of the vehicle or in car entertainment.

FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, FIGHT, Sorry couldn't resist LOL

Hush up you :P

Hush up you :P

Sorry again, been one of those days.

Me and the dog are bored but he can't type.:huh:

Sorry again, been one of those days.

Me and the dog are bored but he can't type.:huh:

Aye tell me about it :( I enjoy time off but there's nothing to do really! If you go out you end up spending a fortune! If you stay in your bored =/ can't win!

• Like 1

I'm not a redneck from the deep south... I am aware cars require servicing, never missed one in my life so stop being such an !Removed!. Also try reading through that section yourself and seeing where it mentions anything about ICE etc. It doesn't state any timescales about interior of the vehicle or in car entertainment.

You're completely right - it doesn't mention anywhere about ICE or much else for that matter.

Anyway, car was duly taken in, problem explained and here's the surprise, no arguments from Ford. I was asked to sign abit of paper for the warranty and off it went at 10am.

The technician who came out to me said it was a common problem on the Fiesta and they alot of problems with them. Picked it back up at 3pm, first M.O.T also done at the same time and they've done a reset of the ICE. (battery has been disconnected as the clock was back to Dec 2008!)

I can't believe it was as easy as that. They said to test it out and if no joy, then to bring it back. For once, well done Bristol St Motors in Kings Norton. Top marks from me today. :D

You're completely right - it doesn't mention anywhere about ICE or much else for that matter.

Anyway, car was duly taken in, problem explained and here's the surprise, no arguments from Ford. I was asked to sign abit of paper for the warranty and off it went at 10am.

The technician who came out to me said it was a common problem on the Fiesta and they alot of problems with them. Picked it back up at 3pm, first M.O.T also done at the same time and they've done a reset of the ICE. (battery has been disconnected as the clock was back to Dec 2008!)

I can't believe it was as easy as that. They said to test it out and if no joy, then to bring it back. For once, well done Bristol St Motors in Kings Norton. Top marks from me today. :D

Christ, maybe they'd just rather get it done than have someone in their ear

I love when garages say 'Oh yeh we get loads of problems'... Fills you with confidence!

Glad to hear it seems to be sorted though!!! :)

Christ, maybe they'd just rather get it done than have someone in their ear

I love when garages say 'Oh yeh we get loads of problems'... Fills you with confidence!

Glad to hear it seems to be sorted though!!! :)

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!!

Haha :D Kick some !Removed! if they mess ya about :P

Aye tell me about it :( I enjoy time off but there's nothing to do really! If you go out you end up spending a fortune! If you stay in your bored =/ can't win!

The problem with my dog, being a Belgian Shepherd general duty one, is she hates being idle and starts to pick on my search dog and he won't back down.

So the back of my vehicle is rocking around like there's an orgy in there and some very curious noises too.

It keeps scaring old ladies and children.

Think they need a good run on the moors, pity it's chucking it down.

I'd be happy in the front with my tea and laptop if it wasn't for them.

Glad the problem was solved without any swearing.

Makes a change, whenever i go to my local dealer, they look at me like i have two heads.

Maybe i should throw my dogs through the door and retire to a safe distance to enjoy the show.

Maybe i should throw my dogs through the door and retire to a safe distance to enjoy the show.

I'd pay to see that!

You'll see me at some time on one of these reality police shows.

Will be easy to recognise as i'll be the one behind my car giggling like a idiot.

Now that will be TV worth watching :blink:

Well, I obviously spoke to soon...the wretched problem isn't sorted out at all.

I took the car for a spin yesterday, connected the ipod back up which came on and then within minutes - it was knocked off. It seems to be something to do with the bluetooth. I can't switch the bluetooth off either, it stays ticked and no amount of trying to untick makes it switch off. My phone wasn't in the car either, I left it at home so I know it wasn't that interfering. I also don't have my phone's bluetooth switched on when i'm in the car as it drains the battery. I only put it on when out for a long drive which isn't often. I've de-bonding the phone to see if it helps, but it has made no difference when I went out in the car today.

The aux button fails to work as well and it will switch to the radio. The 'Aux-in line' display disapears as well. It's completely baffling me why it does this.

But - half an hour later and it works a treat after I keep switching the stereo on/off. It only seems to happen when I start the car up...

Does anybody have any ideas? I don't have the USB so cannot do the update which is available from Ford.

Needless to say, I'll be back on the phone tomorrow to get it seen to.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club