Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Regulator Help

barmyarmy

Looking to replace the window regulator/motor in my Focus, front drivers side 3 door, 2002 model.

I'm off down the scrappy tomorrow to pick up a regulator/motor from a 2003 3door Focus. Will this still fit? Are they the same regardless of year?

Also any tips, advice or tutorial on how to replace the regulator would be appreciated or if anyone knows where I can find this out anywhere :)

Looking to replace the window regulator/motor in my Focus, front drivers side 3 door, 2002 model.

I'm off down the scrappy tomorrow to pick up a regulator/motor from a 2003 3door Focus. Will this still fit? Are they the same regardless of year?

Both years are the same model Mk1 facelift also known as Mk1.5

Parts should be identical.

May be worth comparing them side by side though just in case Ford have played their usual silly buggers game of changing parts at random.

You should be fine though.

Have fun

Took three hours overall to get the one off at scrappy and take mine off and replace it :) all working better than it ever did :) fairly simple a few screws and couple of bolts :)

And some cut knuckles :)

Glad to see someone has saved a few quid after raising an issue about regulators.

I had my regulator changed today on a car only 4 years old. I have had the faulty regulator back and am astonished to find that the problem is to do with the PLASTIC cog on a METAL motor spndle, it has completly severed around its circumference. It looks cheap, i would like to know if anyone else has had any simlar problem.

Took three hours overall to get the one off at scrappy and take mine off and replace it :) all working better than it ever did :) fairly simple a few screws and couple of bolts :)

And some cut knuckles :)

Job well done that man.

A little effort and blood usually wins out.

I've had loads of effort today fixing my computer.

Kept crashing - problem? an external drive gone nipples up on me.

Luckily nothing of major importance lost.

Ho Hum :blink:

Glad to see someone has saved a few quid after raising an issue about regulators.

I had my regulator changed today on a car only 4 years old. I have had the faulty regulator back and am astonished to find that the problem is to do with the PLASTIC cog on a METAL motor spndle, it has completly severed around its circumference. It looks cheap, i would like to know if anyone else has had any simlar problem.

yep had this on my mk2 galaxy,the cable had slipped and over ran within the motor itself and fubared the plastic spool,the general concensus is the regulators on a mk1 will not fit a mk2,but the inards and cables ARE the same length and i rethreaded mine.

mind you you do need 3 pairs of hands to do it.

my mate had exactly this problem on his 2006 fiesta.

The cheap white 'nylon' gear had completely sheared. at first we thought the window had come off inside as you could still hear the motor. probably have a pic somewhere..

Cheers

Yeah I found a tutorial on ehow website to help guide me through taking the door panel off and replacing the regulator!

Was better to practice on the car at the scrappy first ha, trial and error and it didnt matter if we broke anything.

Cheeky pikee git tho when I went yesterday he quoted me £30 went to pay today he said how much did I quote I said £30 and he said oh we'll I thought you mean just the motor and not the regulator :// pikee weren't going to budge after an argument, he had the part I needed which I had to take off myself and they charge £1 to use the hiviz jacket on site

Oh well glad it's all finished now, such a pain in the bum ha doesn't effect the workings off the car but very annoying if you smoke ;)

Just hope the new regulator/motor holds up, had to change it twice on my old 306, French electrics

Sounds odd wonder what caused that unless you say it's just cheap but on a 4 year old car? You use it often?

Did you change it yourself or get a garage to do it for you ?

i have noticed on eBay they are repair kits for the regulators being sold.

perhaps that is a cheaper option rather then being stung at a breakers.

i have noticed on ebay they are repair kits for the regulators being sold.

perhaps that is a cheaper option rather then being stung at a breakers.

How much cheaper and what's involved with the repair kit?

Would think getting one from a scrappy or used/new one from eBay or somewhere else is best bet but like I said I don't know whats involved in the repair kit