Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6 Sub Problems

fiesta-ryan

hi i have a mk6 fiesta and ive installed a sub and amp and wen the car is started there is a interference with the sub and im woundering if any 1 can help me or solve my problem and also weres the best place to put the sub earth wire thanks

hi i have a mk6 fiesta and ive installed a sub and amp and wen the car is started there is a interference with the sub and im woundering if any 1 can help me or solve my problem and also weres the best place to put the sub earth wire thanks

Hi mate,

run the audio cables from the stereo down one side of the car

and the power cable down the opposite side this should stop the interfierence,

and earth the sub somewhere in the boot mate,

hi mate, cheers for messageing me back, i just want to no want side do i run down the audio cables drivers side or the others side

• Like 1

hi mate, cheers for messageing me back, i just want to no want side do i run down the audio cables drivers side or the others side

normally i would run the audio and remote cables down the driver side, and the passenger side for the power cable - mainly because the power cable comes through from the battery on that side.

• Like 1

normally i would run the audio and remote cables down the driver side, and the passenger side for the power cable - mainly because the power cable comes through from the battery on that side.

Took the words out of my mouth Stef mate,

:lol: or the words off my keyboard +1 mate

• Like 1

Took the words out of my mouth Stef mate,

:lol: or the words off my keyboard +1 mate

sorry mate :lol:

cheers lads :rolleyes:

if you get a moment join photobucketand upload some picture's of your motor and the Sub

you can then link them to this forum,

once uploaded go to Album,

below or above each picture on photobucket is an Image URL

copy this URL and paste it in to your posts

once pasted in the post remove the

.img from either side of the link then its job done,

also check out DMB Graphics for Ford badge Overlays and Decals Click Here

and see my guides listed below this post you may find some of Interest.

I used to have a 1.3 Starlet i kitted out with a load of fusion Speakers lol had to build wooden rings like washers to raise the cone of the parcel shelve 6x9's so as the shelve would sit flush and up from the sub when closed

Picture005.jpg

hi lads, i have just done that and it this still doing the noise, wen i start my car the engine nosie interference with the sub can you help me lads :(

hi lads, i have just done that and it this still doing the noise, wen i start my car the engine nosie interference with the sub can you help me lads :(

have you got another set of phono leads you can try it with? do you know if the ones you are using are shielded/screened?

hi lads no i havent got another set yet gonna try tomoz and any other ideas off what it could be and im strugglin were to find a good earth thanks :(

hi lads no i havent got another set yet gonna try tomoz and any other ideas off what it could be and im strugglin were to find a good earth thanks :(

If you can, get a set that is screened - it will reduce interference.

i have used a seatbelt mounting point in the past, worked a treat. you could also use the same earth as the rear lights, you will need to remove the plastic trim where the boot latch is to find it though.

• Like 1

couldnt u show us a pic were to earth it so ive got a clear clue to wear to put it thanks for ur help :rolleyes:

couldnt u show us a pic were to earth it so ive got a clear clue to wear to put it thanks for ur help :rolleyes:

haven't got any pics im afraid. Have you got any torx sockets? its about a T60 IIRC for the seatbelt mounting point. lift the back seat on the passenger side, and at the bottom of the belt you will see a big metal bracket where it anchors into the car. if you unscrew this and clean it up with a bit of sandpaper it makes a good earthing point, also you should be able to feed the cable under the plastic panel and into the boot without removing any trim.

hope this helps?

• Like 1

The Positive Feed for the sub mate,

are you running that directly from the positive on the battery ??

The Positive Feed for the sub mate,

are you running that directly from the positive on the Battery ??

with a fuse i hope :ph34r:

• Like 1

you could probably use one of the bolts on the latch bit, failing that the seatbelt one would be good enough. how long is your earth cable?

• Like 1

the pic off the seat belt wire the metal shiney or set belt latch thanks

• Like 1

IMG00304-20111229-2005.jpg

Have you got good access to that bolt? presumably thats the seat belt assembly hidden in the plastic trim?

• Like 1

i have done it now mate cheers for your help

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club