Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mondao Probs

peanut1

hi i have some probs with my car its a 2001 mondeo estate mk3 ...i was stoped bye the old bill to tell me that my rear plate lights are out and to fix them well i have removed the bulbes and thay are both new so i got some new ones and that dont work (FUSE) and when im driveing and stuck in traffic my reves go up and down but wont stall but this only happens when its up to temp in stop start traffic when i put my foot on the brakes (PLUGS)can enyone help ?????????????

if the fuse is ok then use a power probe or multimeter to check the lights are getting some power to them and go from there the revs going up and down sounds like you may have a dogey idel controlo valve i would give it a clean then refit it if this dont work i would replace it they are not expensive ging hope this helps

• Like 1

The post above me is excellent advice and I agree I don't think the two problems are related.

Idle air control valve is easily checked by starting your car and pulling off the little rubber hose - the revs should climb immediataly (as if it's a cold winter's morning and your engine is starting from being cold).

If there's no power going through to your rear plate lights trace the wiring loom and find the earth, it could be corroded. Whether or not the number plate lights share their earth straps with your rear tail lights I don't know entirely.

• Like 1

The post above me is excellent advice and I agree I don't think the two problems are related.

Idle air control valve is easily checked by starting your car and pulling off the little rubber hose - the revs should climb immediataly (as if it's a cold winter's morning and your engine is starting from being cold).

If there's no power going through to your rear plate lights trace the wiring loom and find the earth, it could be corroded. Whether or not the number plate lights share their earth straps with your rear tail lights I don't know entirely.

thanks peeps ill check that and get back to you but just so i know can i run the rear plate light to the side lights on the rear if there was something bad or cant find the prob and do you have the pick of were the control valve is pls as iv never had to do one before thanks...... luke

yes picking up a feed from the side light will be fine make sure you get a good earth mate and sorry no pick to hand this is the only on i could find on the net m8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-FORD-MONDEO-MK3-AIR-VALVE-AUXILIARY-IDLE-CONTROL-BREAKING-SPARES-PARTS-/200682949339?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb9a2cadb

yes picking up a feed from the side light will be fine make sure you get a good earth mate and sorry no pick to hand this is the only on i could find on the net m8

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2001-FORD-MONDEO-MK3-AIR-VALVE-AUXILIARY-IDLE-CONTROL-BREAKING-SPARES-PARTS-/200682949339?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2eb9a2cadb

do i use some carb cleaner to clean the valve or is there something else i should get ging

carb cleaner should be fine just get it as clean as you can and see if she runs any better

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club