Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fuel Problems with Fiesta Flame 1.4

KatePocket

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if someone has already put a topic up about this, but i have looked back through a lot of pages and haven't found it!

I have a fiesta flame 1.4 05 model and i love it to death but i don't seem to get as much fuel as i should be.

The maximum i have ever got is 333miles, and that's running it on the fuel light for about 15/20miles on motorway. I check my tyre pressure regularly and i have become a very very careful driver now to try to reduce this fast fuel consumption.

Has anyone else had this problem? or does anyone know how to solve it, i'd appreciate any advice or tips!

Thanks

I get 320 mles with my fusion 1.6 petrol so that does sound low . however many factors can change that . lots of small journeys . or long ones where you put your foot down a bit. Hope fully some with the same car should be able to help you out.

Hi guys,

I'm sorry if someone has already put a topic up about this, but i have looked back through a lot of pages and haven't found it!

I have a fiesta flame 1.4 05 model and i love it to death but i don't seem to get as much fuel as i should be.

The maximum i have ever got is 333miles, and that's running it on the fuel light for about 15/20miles on motorway. I check my tyre pressure regularly and i have become a very very careful driver now to try to reduce this fast fuel consumption.

Has anyone else had this problem? or does anyone know how to solve it, i'd appreciate any advice or tips!

Thanks

1.4 fiesta zetec, normally i get 350 miles a tank before the light comes on but i drive 16 miles journeys to and from work............just as a note i drove to Newcastle after xmas which was 135 miles each way, weirdly enough i still got 350 miles ......it wouldn't surprise me if the ECU was programmed to deliver a certain amount of fuel constantly!!! (just you know what car companies are like! )

so i really should be getting more.

I drive 26 miles to work and 30 back (i go different ways) which is mostly urban/rural, but i am at a constant speed majority of the time, usually between 50&60....which to me should make it more economical!?!

i had the car checked by our mechanic when i first got it and he never reported any problems though...! :(

so i really should be getting more.

I drive 26 miles to work and 30 back (i go different ways) which is mostly urban/rural, but i am at a constant speed majority of the time, usually between 50&60....which to me should make it more economical!?!

i had the car checked by our mechanic when i first got it and he never reported any problems though...! :(

Snap, i`m doing constant 50 mph on an 'A' road for 16 miles, or i can do 25 miles motorway into work, it never appears to go up or down, even if i start to 'push it!' Thats why it wouldn't surprise me if the ecu was pre programmed to deliver a set amount of fuel over a set mileage. The whole government mpg figures are nonsence anyway as they're done in a laboratory NOT on a road ,.......... Have a look at distance covered...

Urban cycle

The urban test cycle is carried out in a laboratory at an ambient temperature of 20°C to 30°C on a rolling road from a cold start, i.e. the engine has not run for several hours. The cycle consists of a series of accelerations, steady speeds, decelerations and idling. Maximum speed is 31 mph (50 km/h), average speed 12 mph (19 km/h) and the distance covered is 2.5 miles (4 km). The cycle is shown as Part One in the diagram below.

Extra-urban cycle

This cycle is conducted immediately following the urban cycle and consists of roughly half steady-speed driving and the remainder accelerations, decelerations, and some idling. Maximum speed is 75 mph (120 km/h), average speed is 39 mph (63 km/h) and the distance covered is 4.3 miles (7 km). The cycle is shown as Part Two in the diagram below.

Combined Fuel Consumption Figure

The combined figure presented is for the urban and the extra-urban cycle together. It is therefore an average of the two parts of the test, weighted by the distances covered in each part.

taken from > fuel consumption testing

Snap, i`m doing constant 50 mph on an 'A' road for 16 miles, or i can do 25 miles motorway into work, it never appears to go up or down, even if i start to 'push it!' Thats why it wouldn't surprise me if the ecu was pre programmed to deliver a set amount of fuel over a set mileage. The whole government mpg figures are nonsence anyway as they're done in a laboratory NOT on a road ,.......... Have a look at distance covered...

Urban cycle

The urban test cycle is carried out in a laboratory at an ambient temperature of 20°C to 30°C on a rolling road from a cold start, i.e. the engine has not run for several hours. The cycle consists of a series of accelerations, steady speeds, decelerations and idling. Maximum speed is 31 mph (50 km/h), average speed 12 mph (19 km/h) and the distance covered is 2.5 miles (4 km). The cycle is shown as Part One in the diagram below.

Extra-urban cycle

This cycle is conducted immediately following the urban cycle and consists of roughly half steady-speed driving and the remainder accelerations, decelerations, and some idling. Maximum speed is 75 mph (120 km/h), average speed is 39 mph (63 km/h) and the distance covered is 4.3 miles (7 km). The cycle is shown as Part Two in the diagram below.

Combined Fuel Consumption Figure

The combined figure presented is for the urban and the extra-urban cycle together. It is therefore an average of the two parts of the test, weighted by the distances covered in each part.

taken from > fuel consumption testing

Is there a way of changing of the ECU then? (i dont know much about cars....!!!) i have worked out my combined, urban and extra-urban before...the least i should get is 317 and most 518..with average being around 400.

get the lambada sensors checked and a falty one will cause a rich mixture.

get the lambada sensors checked and a falty one will cause a rich mixture.

Sounds expensive?

Someone else has suggested i try some High Octane fuel, or even just Shell (i usually get my fuel from morrisons or tesco)