Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What Fuel Do You Use?

adamc260

58 members have voted

1. 1. What fuel do you use?

• REGULAR Supermarket Unleaded/Diesel (Ie: Asda/Tesco)
    • PREMIUM Supermarket Unleaded/Diesel (Ie: Sainsburys Super)
    • REGULAR Branded Unleaded/Diesel (Ie: Shell)
    • PREMIUM Branded Unleaded/Diesel (Ie: Shell V-Power)
    • LPG

Car - BP Ultimate Unleaded

Van - Tesco/Morrisons (fuelgenie) - Diesel

I mostly used supermarket bog standard unleaded when i had my focus but im now only using Shell bog standard diesel. used Shell v-power diesel for 2 or 3 tanks but i was far from impressed - just a waste of money

Esso unleaded for me, I avoid supermarket fuels. Still tempted by the premium or whatever they call it though, just can't justify the extra cost :D.

I use Esso standard diesel. Same price as the nearest supermarket but no queuing.

Cheers

Rog

I think the supermarket arguement is one that has been going on for a long time, Sainsburys for example is supplied by BP and rumoured that tesco by esso etc =/

Yes, tesco's is esso fuel as they have a few Express shops around which are basically fuel stations and convenience shops in one.

I usually use whoever is cheapest for my own car (mostly asda or tesco) and Shell for work car as we use agency cards to fill up and they're the nominated supplier.

Why is it that so many people still use texaco as around here they are usually 8-10p dearer per litre than anyone else.

I suppose if they have agency cards or fuel contracts with texaco then they're stuck.

I'd look for a new arangement if i was their fleet manager.

I know ford recommend Shell as that was written on my fuel cap until it was replaced after splitting.

I put £20 of fuel in my car from Texaco before when we had the petrol strikes etc and it lasted me about... 50 miles! Never been back since!

Ford also recommend BP fuel, says so on their website ;)

http://www.bp.com/retail/sectiongenericarticle.do?categoryId=9036625&contentId=7069869

I work in a Sainsburys petrol station and we get various tankers delivering us fuel :)

You probably get from whoever sainsbury's gets the best deal from then.

I use whichever fuel station I can get decent cash back/discount rates with credit cards on.

I have an Asda card which gives a 1p a litre discount and is usually the cheapest in the area, I also have an Amex/Mastercard double card which give 5% cash back at BP and Shell. Finally I also have a Texaco account card for business use, but it rarely gets used as we seem to be lacking the stations round here. The Esso/BP/Shell versions of this card I didn't feel were worth it.

Yes, tesco's is esso fuel as they have a few Express shops around which are basically fuel stations and convenience shops in one.

I usually use whoever is cheapest for my own car (mostly asda or tesco) and shell for work car as we use agency cards to fill up and they're the nominated supplier.

Why is it that so many people still use texaco as around here they are usually 8-10p dearer per litre than anyone else.

I suppose if they have agency cards or fuel contracts with texaco then they're stuck.

I'd look for a new arangement if i was their fleet manager.

I know ford recommend shell as that was written on my fuel cap until it was replaced after splitting.

Ford recommend BP, as it's their sponsor for WRC...

Ford recommend BP, as it's their sponsor for WRC...

They also caused the worlds largest oil spill disaster 2 or 3 years ago ;)

Esso Standard Diesel. Used to fill up with a shot of Millers EcoMax in the old car. havent in this one yet, But will shortly be trialling some Diesel Additives for a oil company, the guy sells oil, and now the company that he uses is starting a diesel additive range, i'm working closely with him to start pushing the products!

• Like 1

Esso Standard Diesel. Used to fill up with a shot of Millers EcoMax in the old car. havent in this one yet, But will shortly be trialling some Diesel Additives for a oil company, the guy sells oil, and now the company that he uses is starting a diesel additive range, i'm working closely with him to start pushing the products!

Well don't come bothering me, i'm not interested :lol:

just joking mate, sounds good. plenty of freebies for you then?

• Like 1

Tesco - Momentum 99 lol :D

Well don't come bothering me, i'm not interested :lol:

just joking mate, sounds good. plenty of freebies for you then?

Yeah, most probably lol!

• 2 weeks later...

V power for me, remap man will be making my car run on only v power and if I switch back to regular fuel it'll run like a bag of nails. The crazy lows we go for performance!!

Normally texaco standard as it seemed to make the last car run better. The techron additive is meant to be one of the best alledgedly. wish i could get tesco 99 as the ethanol in it is meant to be good for cleaning your injector system. Dont use tesco standard though as it made my scooter cut out resulting in having to drain the tank and my fiat also ran very rough on this but this could have been down to the forecourt used and not the petrol.

Tesco use a number of suppliers including afaik the rotterdam spot market. They do this to keep the price down as if they tie themselves to a single supplier then they would be free to charge what they want. However the vast majority of their petrol on the mainland is supplied by greenergy afaik (whom tesco own a large number of shares in and also blend the 99 octane). All petrol has to conform to european standards so the only real difference is the additive package. Chances are in your local area it all comes from the same place anyways. at the end of the day there are a finite number of refineries (13 springs to mind but this could just be a random number) witha handful of owners.

ASDA used to be BP but not sure if this is still the case. Sainsburys used to be BP and morrisons mainly Texaco but again they all probably use a number of suppliers. However just because they use a certain company to supply them dosnt mean the fuel is the same as on the branded forecourts as additives will probably be different (and they supermarkets are going to buy on price as they often make a loss on petrol anyways) As for the brand on the tanker, i wouldnt read into that much as many of them are run and owned by logistics companies and just carry branding.

Morrisons standard unleaded usually, but I often fill up at whatever's closest, Including; Tesco, Shell, BP, Texaco, Murco all standard unleaded. I don't really feel much differences between the different brands.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club