Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5

Lenny

I saw the bulb holder and plug on eBay the other night for the mk2, email round people on eBay breaking focus' for spares.

• Like 1

if there is any one that is thinking of cutting there fog light off completely PM me thanks people!!

:lol: :lol:

For anyone looking for bulb holders just seen these:

MK4 Bulb holder:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2c614764b0

MK1/2 Bulb holder:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c1ec01f3

MK1/2 Plug:

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item27c182d11f

Good job on finding all of those listed above mate, ,

This will help lot ofmembers get the parts they require to fit the additional reverse light HassleFree

Good job on finding all of those listed above mate, ,

This will help lot ofmembers get the parts they require to fit the additional reverse light HassleFree

Cheers, The mk1/2 parts are from the same people I purchaced mine from so can also vouch for them.

• Like 1

cheers james... im guessing the bit i need is the mk4 bulb holder?? also noticed it doesnt have any wires cumin from the back, how hard is it to attach new wires securely??

cheers james... im guessing the bit i need is the mk4 bulb holder?? also noticed it doesnt have any wires cumin from the back, how hard is it to attach new wires securely??

Hi Mate,

your up early for a sunday morning had you too much Red Bull Last night? :lol:

you need these 2 bits to connect the reverse light Click Here and Click Here

ive checked the loom yesterday and it disapears through a grommet in the the inside of the body, so the easiest option is to run a positive feed across the car to the positive on the reverse side, then run a negative around 3-4 inches long and splice it to the negaitive on the fog light.

hehe yea lenny i was on the ps3 and lost track of time lol i hope your right with those bits as iv just purchased through eBay lol thnaks for the help i gues its just a case of one clicks into the other i hope... if you want i can take some pictures of the back of the rear diffuser on the zetec s... im sure its going to be almost exact but i know you like to be sure with these things!!

went to get me a dremel on friday to find they have 2 in stock but cant find them... typical lol

Quick update for those that are following.

I had a quick look under the car earlier to find the rubber grommet lenny refers to leads into the boot compartment as shown in the pics below;

DSC_0282.jpg

DSC_0281.jpg

so instead of having the cable running on the exterior of the car, you can now keep the majority of the cable and connections, waterproof, on the interior of the car.

The best possible route i think would be the way lenny used for his second boot light (check out his guide for details)

Hi Mate,

your up early for a sunday morning had you too much Red Bull Last night? laugh.gif

you need these 2 bits to connect the reverse light Click Here and Click Here

ive checked the loom yesterday and it disapears through a grommet in the the inside of the body, so the easiest option is to run a positive feed across the car to the positive on the reverse side, then run a negative around 3-4 inches long and splice it to the negaitive on the fog light.

dam just received the item from the second link to find its the wrong one :( and the item from the first link i already had lol so far so not good...

Nice work Lenny

Looks sweet , just hope i'm not a on a car park when any of you reverse out at night i will need my sunglasses on lol

thats the new plan for the next FOC meet, were going to park in reverse to form a circle then offer free tanning sessions ;)

• Like 1

well done lenny... i like the route of the cable, very smart!! lol

think iv found the part i need at a scrap yard, im trying to get him to cut the cables up in the boot, that way i dont have any connections having to brave the elements!

looks spot on though mate, nice work!!!

well done lenny... i like the route of the cable, very smart!! lol

think iv found the part i need at a scrap yard, im trying to get him to cut the cables up in the boot, that way i dont have any connections having to brave the elements!

looks spot on though mate, nice work!!!

Thanks mate,

if the breaker takes the existing reverse from the focus in the scrap yard,

he can easily trace the cable 3-4 feet back from plug to the top of the wheel arch,

which would leave you making your extension in the middle of the boot, well away from any harm,

MK2 Specific:

Had a go at a second reverse light last weekend. A couple of things I found, specific to my MK2.

It was cheaper to get the LHD Reverse light from Ford dealer (about £35 inc. VAT), than to buy off eBay (with postage).

No scrappies near me had Focus in, except one estate (which was no use), so ended up buying light socket from main dealer as well (F4053873 @ £8.76 inc. VAT). Had to bodge a plug connection to the socket, from part of an old Rover loom I had.

Used JB Weld to join extra socket to new housing (very strong).

Then when I came to fit the new "frankenstein" enclosure I found I needed to cut some plastic out of the bodywork housing ! Luckily its only plastic, so B&D Wizard made short work of it (be careful not to get caried away, and remove too much).

General:

15 Amp cable is a bit of an overkill, as original bulbs will only be drawing about 1.75 amps, and the 5Watt LEDs will be drawing les than half an amp so I used 3 amp cable (a lot easier to work with).

Conclusion:

Very pleased, thanks to Lenny.

i dont suppose anyone knows were i can get the plug for a mk2.5?... i cant find any on eBay and ive tryed all the local breakers with no luck :( any help would be much appreciated!!

MK2 Specific:

Had a go at a second reverse light last weekend. A couple of things I found, specific to my MK2.

It was cheaper to get the LHD Reverse light from Ford dealer (about £35 inc. VAT), than to buy of Ebay (with postage).

No scrappies near me had Focus in, except one estate (which was no use), so ended up buying light socket from main dealer as well (F4053873 @ £8.76 inc. VAT). Had to bodge a plug connection to the socket, from part of an old Rover loom I had.

Used JB Weld to join extra socket to new housing (very strong).

Then when I came to fit the new "frankenstein" enclosure I found I needed to cut some plastic out of the bodywork housing ! Luckily its only plastic, so B&D Wizard made short work of it (be careful not to get caried away, and remove too much).

General:

15 Amp cable is a bit of an overkill, as original bulbs will only be drawing about 1.75 amps, and the 5Watt LEDs will be drawing les than half an amp so I used 3 amp cable (a lot easier to work with).

Conclusion:

Very pleased, thanks to Lenny.

thanks for the comments mate,

please check my list of guides listed below such as the additional boot light you may be interested in it too.

quick question... the orange cable for the 12v socket you found i dont suppose that would be used to power the electrics for a tow bar or something?? just trying to work out why it is there lol

just a quick one for anyone following this guide, i have just noticed half way through that if you have the cree Q5 reverse light AND the cree Q5 rear fog light they wont fit unless you cut the new bulb holder at a slant as the bulbs clash...

its just a case of trial and error,

DSC_0312.jpg

quick question... the orange cable for the 12v socket you found i dont suppose that would be used to power the electrics for a tow bar or something?? just trying to work out why it is there lol

it could be for the tow bar wiring mate, im not sure,

but the plug on the end of it, is an exact fit for the rear of the 12v socket and the RS and ST models of focus dont have spare tyres in the boot instead they carry a 12v compressor so the wiring may be there because the ST and RS models of focus have a 12V socket installed in the boot to power the compressor im not sure, but it works perfectly when engine is on and off.

just a quick one for anyone following this guide, i have just noticed half way through that if you have the cree Q5 reverse light AND the cree Q5 rear fog light they wont fit unless you cut the new bulb holder at a slant as the bulbs clash...

its just a case of trial and error,

DSC_0312.jpg

]Nice one mate,

you got a really good bond on that without using too much glue,

hopfully my unit will accept the Cree Q5 fog light bulb the way it is positioned at the momment :unsure:

thanks yea i used this glue

DSC_0315.jpg

worked realy well only problem being is that u can only use it once. i could have done with a little bit on the inside and abit were the bulb holder is right on the edge... ive got afew other pics to put up for people to see how i routed the cable if there is anyone else still looking to do this MOD...

DSC_0317.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0323.jpg

DSC_0324.jpg

hope these are of help...

And cheers lenny for another great guide!!!!

worked realy well only problem being is that u can only use it once. i could have done with a little bit on the inside and abit were the bulb holder is right on the edge... ive got afew other pics to put up for people to see how i routed the cable if there is anyone else still looking to do this MOD...

hope these are of help...

And cheers lenny for another great guide!!!!

Very nice Clean Job their Aaron,

looking foward to seeing a few pictures of the bulbs in action mate, when the glue sets on the light unit.

i have yet to purchase a Cree Q5 Red fog light bulb so id like to see one of it in operation too mate.

i will get some day and night pics tomorrow... im hopping you'll be able to fit the cree fog light along side your reverse light. failing that you can always sell yours on eBay and make another lol

but the fog light is sooo bright and the twin reverse light ... wow... its EPIC lol makes you want to reverse everywhere haha

next on the list... hmmm... iv got some 6x9's iv had for about a year i might put them in the parcell shelf?? will have to start a new topic i think get some other opinions....

Anyways twin reverse lights are ace... pics will follow sometime tomorrow!!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club