Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Guide Fitting Second Reverse Light Ford Focus Mk2 & Mk2.5

Lenny

Think I might have a go at this mod. Seems simple and effective

Lenny, any chance of a video of that working mate?

sorry to say; a video or image upload from me is not possible until november/december mate.m

y laptop broke after 3,900 posts lol so im using an argos special offer 7" CNM android tablet to log on here and email etc.

it hasent got bluetooth or anything so i cant send video to it for upload.

i really should purchase a netbook but im to busy spending on the focus lol dont want to waste some modification money on one.

Haha now that's devotion :P

No worries mate, hope you get your PC sorted. Mine broke over a year ago and still not needed to buy a new one.

Worryingly I've just noticed my fog light has filled with water :/

Funny you say that mate, when I took my red fog unit out it had water in too :wacko:

Funny you say that mate, when I took my red fog unit out it had water in too :wacko:

How do you remove the lights? Ours will probably be similar?

How do you remove the lights? Ours will probably be similar?

Easy mate just get on your knees, stick your arm under your bumper around the back of the light unit n feel for this tab

2012-08-30164135-1.jpg

Give it a squeeze n push the light unit out as you do. Simple ;)

• Like 1

Sorry mate just realized the tabs are different on the 2.5 unit but still works the same, there's a tab either side of the unit which you will still be able to feel, squeeze em both in toward the middle of the unit n push it out ;)

Sound mate. You should be easily able to go by feel from sticking your arm underneath, it's all I do. If you really have to just put something on the ground n get on your back under the car to stick your head under lol like when I wired the second reverse light.

Spot on mate, sorted :)

Nice one mate ;)

You just popped it out n poured the water out?

Nice one mate ;)

You just popped it out n poured the water out?

Pretty much mate yea, was less than pleasant! I want this offside clear foglight:

08%20LHD%20Rev1.jpg

• Like 1

Pretty much mate yea, was less than pleasant! I want this offside clear foglight:

08%20LHD%20Rev1.jpg

Lol why weren't it pleasant mate? How much water was in it?

Just get the 20quid none genuine ford unit I linked, it looks exactly the same so once it's in you'd never know. Also, if you ever do decide to do the second reverse light (cause it's really a pish easy n well worth mod) you will have to cut a hole in the markings on the back anyway so no point paying extra for the genuine one.

Then with the 10quid you saved, get this red cree fog bulb

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/120925682137?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

• 6 months later...

ive just received mine today but is the new one darker than the original one ? not sure if mine is faulty ? could anyone show me some pics of theres ?

cheers

See page 1 of this guide for mine mate,

Their are replicas from china but work the same.

Here is pic of the two together

and showing that new one is darker ?

not sure but looks really odd

Lenny does yours look like this ?

cheerspost-42040-0-74695900-1365237677.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

After reading this tread, I began to dislike the unclean look of one red and one white lights on my car. I did not go all the way with reverse lights on both sides. Just exchanged the red one with a reverse light and equipped it with a red Cree. Looks better end works fine:

IMG_8746web.jpg

IMG_8749web.jpg

• Like 1

Totally agree, much more even at the back now.

• Like 1

After reading this tread, I began to dislike the unclean look of one red and one white lights on my car. I did not go all the way with reverse lights on both sides. Just exchanged the red one with a reverse light and equipped it with a red Cree. Looks better end works fine:

]

Looks much better mate,

Keep hold of your red unit, you may wish to fit a dual function unit in the future.

Here is pic of the two together

and showing that new one is darker ?

not sure but looks really odd

Lenny does yours look like this ?

cheersattachicon.gifhttp://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=6338'>mail.jpg

Here is an image of mine mate,

I purchased from european-parts I think, been a while since purchase.

They all function the same though.

IMG

Looks much better mate,

Keep hold of your red unit, you may wish to fit a dual function unit in the future.

I sure will, it would be nice with a double Cree reverse light.

• Like 1

I sure will, it would be nice with a double Cree reverse light.

do it mate

its surprisingly easy and relatively cheap at around 70quid including the cost of the clear unit which you've already got

the results are immense

• Like 1

Thanks for the encouragement mates, I have put it on my "to do list" - will provide pics when it's done :)

• Like 1

quick question

i fitted my new lens, now im thinking of creating the dual reverse mod, ive got the second bulb holder and will use the original mounting support from my original light and glue it on

but how is best to wire to the new bulb holder? ive been looking to find some oem female connectors that will fit in, and get some suitable crimps to provide insulation but cant find anything

any advice?

• Like 1

Probably your best bet is to head to a local breakers with wire cutters in hand and see if you can find a donor car with either the reverse or fog light looms intact then cut off a good 6 inches of wire with the connector to give you enough tail to work with.

Any Focus from 2008-2010 will have the same connector on fog side and reverse.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club