Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Interior Ambient Lights

Garzzz

Hey all,

Happy new year! Hope everyone had a smash of a party on new years day.

Anyway, does anyone know if we can retrofit the interior ambient lights on our own? Theres a lot there just above the opening mouth of the glove compartment and the compartment at the bottom of the centre console.

Unfortunately Ford Singapore does not have these options so i was thinking of getting in online and retrofitting it myself but not too sure if there's any wiring there.

Any one has a reliable website to get ford accessories from other than european-parts.net?

Much appreciated.

Bests,

I keep wondering the same thing myself, if the wiring is there for the one above the glovebox then it's apparently quite easy (just plug it in). However I don't know what the wiring looks like or where exactly it connects, but after dropping the glovebox for a look I didn't see anywhere it could go so I gave up. I also emailed european-parts in case they had any info or instructions on installing it but they didn't. We just need someone with a Zetec/Titanium to have a look at how it's wired and get a photo :rolleyes:.

I keep wondering the same thing myself, if the wiring is there for the one above the glovebox then it's apparently quite easy (just plug it in). However I don't know what the wiring looks like or where exactly it connects, but after dropping the glovebox for a look I didn't see anywhere it could go so I gave up. I also emailed european-parts in case they had any info or instructions on installing it but they didn't. We just need someone with a Zetec/Titanium to have a look at how it's wired and get a photo :rolleyes:.

Was also wondering if i just bought the overhead light with the 3 lights: centre light and 2 reading lights, would there actually be any wiring for that as well?

Ford in SIngapore has a terrible dealer. Atrocious more like it.

Bests,

Hi guys, ive done this and if your car wasnt meant to have them then the only way is to retro fit them, the glovebox light parts you can get from ford, they cost around £40 for the parts. When i fiited mine i thought the glovebox one would just plug in but the wires didnt work!

I had the illuminating gear knob which i split to feed the lights. As for the ambient lights above your head you'l need the new light unit, quite expensive but you will have to send a wire to them also.

It can be done as ive done it but its not as easy as plug it in and it works!

Matt

I asked Ford at the weekend about getting the lights retrofitted to mine. They basically told me if I didn't have the wiring in place then I should forget the idea as it would be too much hassle to retrofit. If I have the wiring and the correct modules to support, they said around £40.

I'd really like the ambient lights as well.

mattyi26, do you have info on where the glovebox one should plug in then so we can see if ours have the wires and whether or not they're live?

Part number for Right hand drive only... if you need the Left hand drive part number please ask...

gallery_13241_370_3397.jpg

• Like 1

Part number for Right hand drive only... if you need the Left hand drive part number please ask...

gallery_13241_370_3397.jpg

Hey Lez,

can you give us the website from which you got this image from?

• Like 1

Hey Lez,

can you give us the website from which you got this image from?

It's not on a website, it's Ford eCAT - a program containing all the part numbers, diagrams & prices.

yes, it`t the Ford eCAT, but it`s not included any diagrams...

yes, it`t the Ford eCAT, but it`s not included any diagrams...

Bugger, I can't log in because I'm from the Singapore market? And also because i don't have any login details.

DAMN.

Would really like to buy a few things like the interior ambient lights. And maybe even some trimming like the arm rest for instance or the silver plastics that surround the speedo.

FORD Singapore is horrible in a sense that they would not allow me to bring in a 1.6 fiesta claiming it would, and i quote "damage the focus market"

nitwits.

ANy recommendations other than european-parts to get FORD accessories?

Bests,

Behind the glovebox was a wire plugged into where it should go but inspecting it it wasnt a connector just sumwhere ford have left to hide it. Apon testing mine it had no power and i tried to follow the wire but lost it! theres so many.

If you dont want to go to fords then you'l have to split it with your gear knob if you have an illuminating one or your interior lights.

Matt

Behind the glovebox was a wire plugged into where it should go but inspecting it it wasnt a connector just sumwhere ford have left to hide it. Apon testing mine it had no power and i tried to follow the wire but lost it! theres so many.

If you dont want to go to fords then you'l have to split it with your gear knob if you have an illuminating one or your interior lights.

Matt

Ford really didn't make it easy to let you do any retrofitting huh. All about costs.

When will they ever take the fiesta seriously??

Guys, so if I was to buy the interior dome light from European parts which has 2 tiny orange ambient lights, one general light and 1 map reading light for each seat.

Will it be a plug and play?

Guys, so if I was to buy the interior dome light from European parts which has 2 tiny orange ambient lights, one general light and 1 map reading light for each seat.

Will it be a plug and play?

Hi Garzzz. It will all be plug and play but the 2 LED ambient lights. These will need to be wired up to either the lights switch or rear light meaning the ambient lighting will come on with sidelights / headlights. I have wired the lights to my rear lights. It is a pretty simple job. Others I know have wired to the lights swith. This link should help give you and idea. Ambient Light Link

With the glovebox strip, this is something I wish to retrofit, but haven't looked into if its a straight plug and play. Chances are it isn't. I'd be tempted to tap into the ambient light connection at the courtesy light if you go ahead with that.

Hi Garzzz. It will all be plug and play but the 2 LED ambient lights. These will need to be wired up to either the lights switch or rear light meaning the ambient lighting will come on with sidelights / headlights. I have wired the lights to my rear lights. It is a pretty simple job. Others I know have wired to the lights swith. This link should help give you and idea. Ambient Light Link

With the glovebox strip, this is something I wish to retrofit, but haven't looked into if its a straight plug and play. Chances are it isn't. I'd be tempted to tap into the ambient light connection at the courtesy light if you go ahead with that.

Hey Thornewell,

its not just the strip at the glovebox but theres another switch which is at the bottom of the centre console, just in front of the gear knob. its much shorter strip.

I was thinking of wiring it up to the courtesy light so every time you unlock the car, the ambient light comes on. but for the 2 tiny LEDS, that'll go to the light switch.

Only worry is every time i turn on the courtesy light in the car for occasions like searching or reading, it'll just turn on the orange stripes as well.

haha. oh, just as well i guess.

Thanks!

its not a plug n play unless its actually fitted when new, you will need to take it off from another connection like above ^^^

Guys,

any websites or sellers on eBay to recommend for purchasing Ford parts?

on the sidetrack, how is everyone's new year?

Bests,

Guys,

any websites or sellers on eBay to recommend for purchasing Ford parts?

on the sidetrack, how is everyone's new year?

Bests,

Which parts in particular you looking for mate?

Mate,

Really looking for interior bits and maybe some minior performance tweaks like air filters and maybe solenoid and leads for spark plugs.

Mate,

Really looking for interior bits and maybe some minior performance tweaks like air filters and maybe solenoid and leads for spark plugs.

The only minor thing for performance tweaking is a panel filter (£30 - £40) such as K&N or Pipercross, so try eBay...

What type of interior mods?

Use the search button mate there are lottssss of modding threads. ;)

Installed my ambient lighting now :)

imag0349io.th.jpg

imag0350l.th.jpg

For the glovebox & 'cubby hole' (under heating controls) the cabling was already there

imag0359t.th.jpg

imag0351h.th.jpg

Just took the fluffy stuff off, plugged in & clipped on

imag0355c.th.jpg

imag0356sc.th.jpg

Glovebox cable was plugged in to a blank socket on the back of the dash

imag0357x.th.jpg

Interior light was missing the cabling so I have had it wired in to ignition, comes on when key at stage 2.

imag0365m.th.jpg

imag0366q.th.jpg

Then had to hook it up to IDS and upload a modified file that contained the activation of the ambient lighting feature. This gives you a new option in the stereo menu to turn the lights on/off.

imag0368o.th.jpg

imag0371o.th.jpg

imag0370e.jpg

Nice one with the images iNath, though I take it the IDS is needed to make the wires live rather than just adding the stereo option to be able to turn them off? So us normal people without access to one can't make use of the wiring even if it is there?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club