Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fiesta Mk7 Interior Ambient Lights

Garzzz

Nice one with the images iNath, though I take it the IDS is needed to make the wires live rather than just adding the stereo option to be able to turn them off? So us normal people without access to one can't make use of the wiring even if it is there?

Yes Nice Job Nathan! Well Done!

MartynS if you pop up to Bristol i can do that for you...

I take it the IDS is needed to make the wires live

Correct :)

Nath. You are one clever bloke being able to activate the ambient light menu and cruise control. Two mods I wish the zetec s came with as standard. Good pics for the location of wired for ambient light. I assume from previous posts that even though its plug and play, IDS is needed to make the wires live. Where did u source the 2 light strips from?

Nath. You are one clever bloke being able to activate the ambient light menu and cruise control.

You're too kind :)

Two mods I wish the zetec s came with as standard.

I agree! For ambient lighting at least how come the Zetec-S comes with less than the Zetec?! Zetec-S implies Zetec model with 'S' extras! We get more like a Style-S, poverty spec with a body kit and suspension!

I assume from previous posts that even though its plug and play, IDS is needed to make the wires live.

Correct

Where did u source the 2 light strips from?

Breakers in Essex, on eBay think his name is Kwik Parts?

Thanks for the info Nath. Something I think I will look into. How did you get your hands on IDS?

Cheers for the offer Lez, I'll bear that in mind!

For anyone that was thinking of ordering the parts...

ambientprices.png

...or not!

Hi all!

I'm thinking to fit these ambient lightings too. I don't live in the UK anyway, so only can get them through european parts. But I don't know whether the wiring is present behind the glovebox and the cubby hole. I have the thai-made fiesta.

Tbh I know nothing about eletrical, so can't fit them myself. Would it be a wise choice to get the ambient lightings, given the fact it will be costly to get them here and I have limited budget?

Yeah guys,

It'll be a hassle to get the IDS and upload just to get the wires live. I'll just go without the orange LEDs unless I hook up those ambient lights to the light switch. I can do without the need the turn it on or off since I won't be doing much long distance driving to remove the distraction.

Bests,

Yeah guys,

It'll be a hassle to get the IDS and upload just to get the wires live. I'll just go without the orange LEDs unless I hook up those ambient lights to the light switch. I can do without the need the turn it on or off since I won't be doing much long distance driving to remove the distraction.

Bests,

You can get IDS easy from download, but the VCM part you need to buy.

IDS - software VCM - hardware

May if you ask someone to do it for you... i`m in Bristol if it close to you...

Thanks so much for the offer but I'm in Singapore!!

Where my ford fiesta 3 door 1.4litre cost SGD90k

Which is about £45k.

Amazing eh??

You can get IDS easy from download, but the VCM part you need to buy.

IDS - software VCM - hardware

May if you ask someone to do it for you... i`m in Bristol if it close to you...

Are all these stuffs you said something that need to be connected to the OBD port?

Are all these stuffs you said something that need to be connected to the OBD port?

yes

Hahha. You can't.

The tax structure is such.

And you can google "Singapore vehicle COE"

It's a cert you have to pay to own a car. Only for 10 years. After that, you have to scrap the car. It's about £20k now for 1.4litre car.

On top of that there's the tax that government imposes. Usually 200% of the OMV

Interior light was missing the cabling so I have had it wired in to ignition, comes on when key at stage 2.

imag0365m.th.jpg

imag0366q.th.jpg

Then had to hook it up to IDS and upload a modified file that contained the activation of the ambient lighting feature. This gives you a new option in the stereo menu to turn the lights on/off.

imag0368o.th.jpg

imag0371o.th.jpg

imag0370e.jpg

Hi! Any idea as to what are the types of bulbs used for the 2 tiny orange ambient lights next to the switches of the courtesy and map lights?

• 4 months later...

iNath. I am interested in a couple of retrofits that you have carried out and I do have access to an IDS. I was just wondering, what are these modified files that you talk about to activate the wiring for the ambient lighting? Is it just AsBuilt Data that you are using?

Thanks,

Matt

iNath, could you tell me what footwell LED's you used? maybe a link? thinking about doing it, but want to make sure the LED's are the right ones!

thanks in advance, Olly.

iNath. I am interested in a couple of retrofits that you have carried out and I do have access to an IDS. I was just wondering, what are these modified files that you talk about to activate the wiring for the ambient lighting? Is it just AsBuilt Data that you are using?

Thanks,

Matt

The asbuilt file is something stored on Ford's system (against the VIN) and contains all the default settings for that particular vehicle as it came from the factory. From tweaking these I realised it was possible to enable features on my car to make it think it had them from new. (e.g. cruise control, powerfold mirrors, ambient lighting etc)

iNath, could you tell me what footwell LED's you used? maybe a link? thinking about doing it, but want to make sure the LED's are the right ones!

thanks in advance, Olly.

Of course, it's these ones.

• 1 year later...

Hi there iNath could you help with this ambient lighting getting switched on as I've got the lights but I have the zs cheers

Hi there iNath could you help with this ambient lighting getting switched on as I've got the lights but I have the zs cheers

You're a bit far away but I'll drop you a PM ;)

• 1 year later...

Sorry to drag up an old post - and for my lack of knowledge - but what actually is IDS? is it a program like elm config people use for activating things on the focus for example but works on the fiesta?

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club