Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Fiesta!

hedgepig

Guys, you'll be glad to know that I've finally got it!!

At the beginning of the week, I got a call from Jim at Shepshed Ford advising that my car would be ready for collection today at 3.00pm.

Yippee I thought, so all week I've been looking forward to picking it up and let me tell you I was not disappointed.

When I got there it was sitting on the forecourt looking georgeous (like me!) and it looked so good it almost took my breath away--you have to remember that I had never seen this colour in the flesh--I couldn't wait to drive off into the sunset so to speak.

Just a few words of praise here about Jim who spent ages with me making sure I was happy and that everything was OK--refreshing to find this type of service nowadays.

I only drove it a few miles before I had to get back home otherwise Tesco wouldn't have been able to deliver the shopping and then I would have had to have done it...................aaaaaaah I hate shopping.............unless it's boys' toys of course because that's different!

Now all I've got to do is work out how to set the radio................................... :unsure:

More adventures to follow shortly................... ;)

Sounds like your happy with it, cant wait to see some pictures?

You asked for pictures--ok here we go:

Picture004.jpg

Picture003.jpg

Picture001.jpg

There you go--pictures of my new babe!!

That looks nice! The bigger rear spoiler really does finish off the rear :) Just can't help but think you paid alot of money for that...

I am just about to get rid of mine.

Owned it since 30th november 2008 and have had that many problems with it.

Local ford dealer is not interested in helping and neither were customer services on the phone.

It was my first new car and my first ford.

Neither will i ever own again.

Depreciation is good i paid 12,800 and now it is worth 9000.

Local ford dealer is not interested in helping and neither were customer services on the phone.

What were the problems that they couldn't fix?

That's a mint looking car mate.

Love the shape of it and I agree the spoiler really does finish off the car.

Nice one

Don't be too eager to sell it--surely your dealer can get to the bottom of what's wrong?

Just out of curiosity, what spec is it and what are the problems?

Don't let one bad experience sour you for the future--not all dealers are disinterested like yours--most of them value your custom and will work hard to keep you.

And surely you'll get more than 9k for it??????

It's only 7 weeks old for ****'s sake?!

Squeeze green zetec 1.6 Tdci with 17 inch alloys/privacy glass and bluetooth and voice control.

1100 miles on clock.

1..Speedo incorrect due to wheels (car thinks it has travelled further than it has 15% out)

remedy put standard wheels and tyres on

answer how can i because these are what it came with.

2... Paint marks in N/s/r door

remedy had to have it painted(car was 2 days old

3.. Ripped O/s/f and N/s/f inner door seals from delivery

remedy we will replace them but they may be modified

answer order some then (OH they are on back order)

4.... Both rear door seals that are stuck onto the door panel that meets over the "B" post

keep coming adrift

remedy order some

OH on back order

5...Immobiliser light stays on when driving

remedy just a glitch

answer should not come on unless the chip in the key is not read correctly

but they cannot find any reason for it on their computer

6.. Indicator does not cancel when turning left

remedy unresolved due to my lack of interest in the product now

7...Car kangaroo's when travelling at low speed in traffic or going over speed bumps

if you drive the car like a young lad who does not care about it then you would never know the fault was there.

Drive it like you want to cherish the car and all hell is let loose (try it 10mph just between 2/1st gear and try and coast over a

speed bump or lightly travel forwards.

remedy "thats how they are its called anti stall

answer "!Removed! its not natural"

8..Suspension at the front of the car now clucks when going over bumps

remedy have lost interest

9.. Rattle from left side of dash

remedy still on going.

Local dealer "Hartwell Ford in GRIMSBY" are not interested after having 4 visits to them they view me as a pain in the !Removed!

and they view the faults as petty ones.

Maybe so but a few petty faults then become large ones and when you paid 13000 pounds you expect

better service than this.

Oh and if one more salesman or sales manager calls me mate then i will hit them.

I think to be fair, your being way too picky on some of the "problems"

The alloys would not be 17" as standard. They are 15's so you would of added them extra so thats your fault.

As for the paint, try waxing it with a good polish. This normally solves most problems.

With your problem number 7, TDCI engines at that speed will always do that. It's where the engine wants to keep driving when you have the clutch up. This is not a fault of the car.

As for the other problems, thats the dealers problem. Not yours. Nobody says you MUST go back to the dealer you got the car from. I got my car in another town, yet i took it back to my local garage in Milton Keynes for its free serivce. (which i must add, no problems at all have been reported)

You will be a fool if you sell it now as you have not given the dealer time to order parts. Its not their fault if the parts you need aint in stock. They will probaly need to be made and shipped over from Germany

I think to be fair, your being way too picky on some of the "problems"

Have to say I agree to some extent

The alloys would not be 17" as standard. They are 15's so you would of added them extra so thats your fault.

I think he means they were the ford "option" 17" wheels and as such should not make the speedo incorrect as they would have been dealer or factory fitted

As for the other problems, thats the dealers problem. Not yours. Nobody says you MUST go back to the dealer you got the car from. I got my car in another town, yet i took it back to my local garage in Milton Keynes for its free serivce. (which i must add, no problems at all have been reported)

You will be a fool if you sell it now as you have not given the dealer time to order parts. Its not their fault if the parts you need aint in stock. They will probaly need to be made and shipped over from Germany

Definitely, try another dealer before giving up (and losing money)

They were Ford 17 inch extra wheels

My father has bought the same car (only a titanium spec) and has none of the problems i have.

Although it may be picky with the seals being adrift and ripped i feel after paying the amount i have this should not be happening.

Yes the seals are on back order and have been since beginning of Dec 2008 but they are still making the cars??

As for driving over speed bumps a little quicker it is easier said than done , yes the tdci engine wants to go forward at them speeds but it violently kangaroo's in both first gear and second.

When i drive my dads car the same as mine it does not do this.

Paint work... i tried tar remover etc and the local(Hartwell) dealer tried power polishing and could not remove the marks hence repainting.

Have had enough of what we would call a friday car and a dealer that has washed their hands.

Will be writing to Ford ,watchdog etc

• 2 weeks later...

I've been told by more than one dealer that you can't get the Zetec with 17" alloys, only 15" standard or 16" (option) - What have you got, the Titanium X 17" alloys on a Zetec?! The titanium X pack again isnt a Zetec option.

This is why i went for leasing the car.

On a side note, anyone know where i can get the same alloys as this machine?

p.s. AMAZING car :) perfect spec :)

This is why i went for leasing the car.

On a side note, anyone know where i can get the same alloys as this machine?

p.s. AMAZING car :) perfect spec :)

Pretty sure the alloys can be bought directly from a Ford dealer.

Pretty sure the alloys can be bought directly from a Ford dealer.

They can but what issues would you face going from say 15" to 17" alloys on the fiesta? problems with the arches, speedo etc?

They can but what issues would you face going from say 15" to 17" alloys on the fiesta? problems with the arches, speedo etc?

Surely when they make the fiesta it is made to fit 15-17 alloys? no? Or has the titanium got wider arches than the zetec (s)?

In reality, the rolling circumference should be very near the same give or take a few percent.

According to the brochure the fiesta comes with the following tyres on said wheels.

The 15" wheels have 195/50 profile tyres.

The 17" wheels have 205/40 profile tyres.

Although the 17" wheels are 2" bigger on diameter, the profile of the tyres is less, meaning the sidewall height (from edge of wheel rim to the outside of tyre) on the 17" tyre is smaller than the 15".

The overall diameter of the above wheels including tyres is:

15" wheel and tyre diameter is 22.67"

17" wheel and tyre diameter is 23.45"

This means that the 17" wheels are 3.33% bigger diameter than the 15" wheels which makes the speedo approx 3.45% too slow.

Now that's presuming the speedo was calibrated with the car running 15" wheels and tyres. It may have been calibrated using the 14" wheels which have 175/65 profile tyres which would actually bring the percentage down as the 14" wheel and tyre combo are closer to the diameter of the 17" wheel and tyre combo than the 15".

Phew, and breathe.

No matter what official wheel and tyre combo used, the difference will be no where near 15% as stated.

Don't know how/where the 15% difference as stated early was measured, probably a sat nav unit, but that's nothing to do with the wheels or tyres as long as they are on the sizes mentioned in the brochure.

Changing to standard 15" wheels and tyres will only improve that reduction by 3.45%, nowhere near the 15% as stated.

So upping to 17"s wont really work?

Depends what you mean.

Using any of the wheel combos Ford offers will not change the speedo, mileage to anywhere near 15%. I would imagine 3.5% is the maximum difference a wheel change wil make.

Maybe he should approach the dealer and say it's nothing to do with the wheels and tyres as it clearly isn't, so they need to tackle the problem from another angle.

Afraid I have to agree with the other guys here--definitely take it to another dealer and give them the chance to rectify it.

I agree with you on two points though-

The indicator is slow to cancel when turning left--it requires quite a good turn of the wheel to make it cancel but it's no big deal is it?

I too have a rattle in the dash which I'm going to get them to check at the courtesy service.

I haven't noticed anything else about mine; I don't have the low speed problem you have but yours is a diesel and mine's petrol.

I concur with the other guys. The difference is 3.43%. This means that the circumferene of the 17" is 3.43% or 2cm larger than the 15" wheel and tyre combination. To me that would mean that your speedo would be under reading. i.e your car would be going faster than the speedo was indicating or the mileomerter was telling you.

Best way to chack would be to get hold of a SAT NAV. Some of these give true speedo and distance readings.

Let us know how you get on.

• 3 weeks later...

To be fair, having that many problems i would have given up by now!

It's a brand new car, nothing should be wrong with it.

I would be FURIOUS if the paintwork was crap after 2 days....

I think you get what you pay for, but at £13,000, it should be better than that.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club