Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New Ford Owner (Almost)

JackEllison

Hi everyone,

Spent the last couple of days going through this forum and felt compelled to join. Love how passionate everyone is about their Fords. I just passed my driving test last month and went straight to Ford dealership to order a new Focus. No idea how long it’s going to take, so a little bit anxious but enjoying the wait.

I guess my question is, as (almost) a new Ford owner, is there any general advice you guys can give me from your collective experiences that I should keep in mind as a Ford owner, either for now or in the future.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Hi Jack, welcome and which Focus did you plump for ?

Hi Tomo,

Went with the bog standard 1.6 Zetec 125PS. Really wanted the Titanium, but couldn't justify the extra £2000 with missus unfortunately. Managed to squeeze out free rear parking sensors from the dealer though. Now just waiting on a date for delivery.

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Spent the last couple of days going through this forum and felt compelled to join. Love how passionate everyone is about their Fords. I just passed my driving test last month and went straight to Ford dealership to order a new Focus. No idea how long it's going to take, so a little bit anxious but enjoying the wait.

I guess my question is, as (almost) a new Ford owner, is there any general advice you guys can give me from your collective experiences that I should keep in mind as a Ford owner, either for now or in the future.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum

if you get a moment join photobucket and then when you focus arrives upload some picture's of your motor,

you can then link them to this forum,

once uploaded go to Album,

below or above each picture on photobucket is an Image URL

copy this URL and paste it in to your posts

once pasted in the post remove the

.img from either side of the link then its job done,

also check out DMB Graphics for Ford badge Overlays and vintage Decals Click Here

and see my guides listed below this post you may find some of Interest.

what color of focus did you choose mate? B)

Oh wow! Awesome. Thanks so much. I'l definitely be wasting time at work going through these. I went with the panther black. Was considering frozen white. Seen a lot of white cars on the road that actually look nice, but decided to play it safe and classic.

Looking forward to posting up some pics when I get it.

Thanks again

• Like 1

Oh wow! Awesome. Thanks so much. I'l definitely be wasting time at work going through these. I went with the panther black. Was considering frozen white. Seen a lot of white cars on the road that actually look nice, but decided to play it safe and classic.

Thanks again

Hi Jack,

Good choice!

I also have a Panther Black Focus, there are pics in my gallery... I was unsure about black as they are a pain to keep clean, but it's worth the effort when it's gleaming :)

• Like 1

Thanks that looks great. Yeah that’s basically the reason I chose black too. When it’s clean, it gleams. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for your car to be delivered from the date you ordered it?

• Like 1

Thanks again

No prob mate,

may i also recommend purchasing one of these kits Click Here then as soon as you get the car from the Dealers give it a good going over with the kit, to give it a nice layer of protection from day1 B)

Thanks that looks great. Yeah that’s basically the reason I chose black too. When it’s clean, it gleams. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take for your car to be delivered from the date you ordered it?

I think Black stays cleaner for longer than white, my fiesta was white and after I washed it a week later it would look dirty again, my black focus seems to look cleaner for a little longer , although both are the worst for showing dirt.

Hopefully will give mine a clean this weekend , it will be its first since buying it in November.

• Like 1

That’s great Lenny. Thnks a lot for the link.

I think white does look nice so long as it doesn’t have any ugly black coloured bumpers and mirrors. But, you’re right. They can look dirtier more quickly.

Anyway, so far no news from my dealer. Ordered on the 23rd of December. Taking into account xmas, new years and bank holidays it’s only been about 7 working days since I ordered. The waits killing me!

I didn't really have to wait - I bought mine as a 5 month old ex-demo from Benfield in Leeds, back when there weren't too many Mk3's about second-hand. Did have my Fiesta from new though which was ordered in the June and I got the keys by mid-September... the wait was unbearable and I pestered the dealer so much, they reckoned at the time that Ford couldn't build them fast enough (it was around the time of the scrappage scheme). I would hae thought the Focus has a similar demand due to fleet buyers etc.

Can't beat that excitment of waiting for a new car though :D

Lol! All I know is, he’s told me it’ll definitely be in January. Which I can only assume they have it in stock somewhere. But you’re right, the wait is killer and sweet all at once. Think I’ve gone through practically every Youtube video on the new ford focus just to keep me going. :P

To be fair it IS my first car, hence the girlish excitement. :)

Think I’ve gone through practically every Youtube video on the new ford focus

Me too and I don't even have a focus! lol. I recommend searching for "2012 Ford Focus" as the US version is called, they've reviewed it plenty and all the dealers over there seem YouTube savvy, posting vids for nearly every vechicle that arrives on their lot.

Plus the US get the sweet looking saloon version too (opps I mean sedan) and the fancy My Ford Touch system.

Paul :D

Lol! All I know is, he’s told me it’ll definitely be in January. Which I can only assume they have it in stock somewhere. But you’re right, the wait is killer and sweet all at once. Think I’ve gone through practically every Youtube video on the new ford focus just to keep me going. :P

To be fair it IS my first car, hence the girlish excitement. :)

I did the same top be honest! The Carbuyer reviews on Youtube are pretty good, though the bloke seems a bit biased towards Golfs. Put some pics up when you get it - I don't think I've ever seen another black one on the road...

Me too and I don't even have a focus! lol. I recommend searching for "2012 Ford Focus" as the US version is called, they've reviewed it plenty and all the dealers over there seem YouTube savvy, posting vids for nearly every vechicle that arrives on their lot.

Plus the US get the sweet looking saloon version too (opps I mean sedan) and the fancy My Ford Touch system.

Paul :D

For a 'Global' car, the American version seems a lot different - the guy in this video gives a bit of a demo of the My Ford Touch

... I want!

Yeah seen all those videos. I have to agree, that guy is a bit too Golf centric for my taste. I could have chosen a Golf myself, but I went with the Ford because it just seems to be an all rounder. loads of gadgets and I’m told driving and handling is pretty good for a car this size

Funny thing is I've been seeing the new Focus all over the place now. Haven’t seen a black one yet. They all seem to be white or that dark orange colour.

• 4 weeks later...

Not yet. Had three handover dates so far. Dealer said it’s in compound now (whatever that means) so hopefully not long to go.

On another note. He just told me that all Focus built 2012 onwards don’t come with the armrest and a few other things that were fitted as standard. I’ve kicked up a bit of a fuss, considering I ordered on the 23rd of Dec and he’s now trying to upgrade me to a Titanium that they got into stock last week. Just waiting to see if his manager authorises it.

Won’t be black though unfortunately, but Midnight Blue. I’ll take that if it’s a Titanium

EDIT. Just got back from the dealership. Getting a 2012 Focus Titanium in Ink Blue. A tiny bit miffed about the colour but it’s a free upgrade and I’ll be picking it up on Tuesday once they've got the plates etc. Pretty pleased with that result

On another note. He just told me that all Focus built 2012 onwards don’t come with the armrest and a few other things that were fitted as standard.

I noticed that a few bits that were standard on mine last year are now options on the configurator on the website. Seems a bit odd :huh:

Won’t be black though unfortunately, but Midnight Blue. I’ll take that if it’s a Titanium

EDIT. Just got back from the dealership. Getting a 2012 Focus Titanium in Ink Blue. A tiny bit miffed about the colour but it’s a free upgrade and I’ll be picking it up on Tuesday once they've got the plates etc. Pretty pleased with that result

Shame about the colour, but I think that's a fair trade off - you are getting a better specced car at the end of the day! It'll be worth the wait :D

Just picked it up. It’s more wonderful than I could ever have imagined! Will be posting some pics as promised later tonight.

Too dark for pics at the mo. Here’s a quick pic of the interior. hopefully posting some more tomorrow

IMG_0220.jpg

Too dark for pics at the mo. Here’s a quick pic of the interior. hopefully posting some more tomorrow

IMG_0220.jpg

Wow that interior looks sexual :o

Couple more pics. Looks better during the day and I have to admit the colour is sort of growing on me

Photo11-02-2012114820.jpg

Photo11-02-2012114648.jpg

Photo11-02-2012114712.jpg

Be handy if ur reg ended in CAL - would spell LOGICAL !!