Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dismissive Dealer.

Jack7

Hi everyone, so I booked my car into my local ford garage in kilmarnock and wanted them to look at 2 things: im only getting 47 mpg and its working out about 370 miles out a tank, and & i wanted the bluetooth/stereo updated because it wont let me play music thru my phone wirelessly via the bluetooth, (tried to update myself countless times but kept failing)

As the receptionist at the services desk described the above problems over the phone to the workshop she then looked at me and shook her head, said she doubted there was any problems and that theyd look into it. 2 hours later i go back over and apparently only 'a handful' of fiestas can play music from phones wirelessly thru bluetooth because my stereo would need updated and no such update exists.

He then said regarding my mpg normal diesel fiestas got 35-45mpg so i was lucky?! & when i mentioned the claimed combined cycle of 67 he just laughed and again said i was lucky to be getting what im getting.

The irritating thing is I couldnt just stand there and say no your wrong cuz ultimately I dont know, still feel like they werent really bothered about helping me tho tbh.

Rant over :P :)

Any1 else on here have similar expeirences?

Oh yeah,

They look at you like you're an idiot.

They tried it with me once but i was wearing my uniform under a jacket and when i unzipped because i was "hot" they started being ever so helpful all of a sudden.Most of the time they are just too lazy to try.

Most things seem too much trouble for them.

I avoid main dealers unless absolutely necessary.

Get your dad to take the car over instead.. as bad as it sounds dealerships do the same to me because I'm young! My dad took my car over because of the same fault and they actually looked into it.

Get your dad to take the car over instead.. as bad as it sounds dealerships do the same to me because I'm young! My dad took my car over because of the same fault and they actually looked into it.

That's a good call. Also, have you got any other dealers near you that you could try instead. There are some real bad dealers out there but there are some very good ones too!

I took my Fiesta TDCI into my local dealer complaining about fuel consumption (I was getting 54mpg). They updated the PCM (one of the ECUs) and told me to see how I go and that they would happily have it back in for another look if I still wasn't happy.

Cheers

Rog

Thanks for the replies guys, Id take my dad in but i know he wont haha. Ill try taking it to another ford dealer in Glasgow to see what they say about it all. :)

Exacly the same because I'm only 18 they treated me like a little kid saying I need to pay for this andnwernt really bothered about the problems I had with the car so my dad went back andngot everything done for free aswel as getting the price lowered and a courtesy car to have for the day also. There rude.

I've had the opposite experience - my local ford dealer has actually been really good as of late and more than helpful.

i've took my car in twice over the last week with bluetooth problems and they've done the update under warranty with no quibbles even though my car is 3 years old next week.

I'm sure being female helps though... ;)

That all sounds a bit frustrating for you. Definately try another dealer as they might be a little more friendly. With regards to the bluetooth/stereo update, I am surprised they didnt update it for you.It is a 10 minute job and you can actually do it yourself provided you have a USB connection.Software Update Link

That's a good call. Also, have you got any other dealers near you that you could try instead. There are some real bad dealers out there but there are some very good ones too!

I took my Fiesta TDCI into my local dealer complaining about fuel consumption (I was getting 54mpg). They updated the PCM (one of the ECUs) and told me to see how I go and that they would happily have it back in for another look if I still wasn't happy.

Cheers

Rog

Rog. My fuel consumption has been all over the place recently. I have once hit 61mpg (granny driving) but recently its been fluxuating like a yoyo getting 48mpg, 55mpg, 48mpg, 55mpg etc...This is even doing quite a lot of motorway miles at a steady 70mph. I have thought about going to Ford to update my ECU. Just wondered how you are getting on since you had yours updated?

Cheers

Andy

Rog. My fuel consumption has been all over the place recently. I have once hit 61mpg (granny driving) but recently its been fluxuating like a yoyo getting 48mpg, 55mpg, 48mpg, 55mpg etc...This is even doing quite a lot of motorway miles at a steady 70mph. I have thought about going to Ford to update my ECU. Just wondered how you are getting on since you had yours updated?

Cheers

Andy

I've got to fill up tomorrow so will be able to work out the MPG on a whole tank since the update. I'll let you know...

Cheers

Rog

I'd let them know what you think of their lazy attitude and try elsewhere.

Not nessesarily in car dealers, but I do find I generally get a better level of customer service when I'm in my work clothes i.e shirt and tie, otherwise being 22 in casual clothes you can see them thinking !Removed! student, or something on those lines lol.

Not fair really but just how it is sometimes.

I say dig out your best suit, march in there with a print out of the mpg poll from this forum, and say this dealers customer service is sloppy, are you going to try again and help or not! :angry:

:lol:

I think ill take it into a different ford dealer, will be interesting to see what they say compared to the kilmarnock dealer!

Btw Rojariggs id also be keen to find out how the updates affect your mpg as when i mentioned you got an update for your poor mpg he said it was a "gimmick" & wouldnt change anything, which I personally doubt. Would be good to go back in and tell him how it has improved yours cars mpg :P

Cheers

Andy

I noticed similar effects i.e major fluxuation like a yoyo however that was after I disconnected my battery.

Settled after a day or so....

I think ill take it into a different ford dealer, will be interesting to see what they say compared to the kilmarnock dealer!

Btw Rojariggs id also be keen to find out how the updates affect your mpg as when i mentioned you got an update for your poor mpg he said it was a "gimmick" & wouldnt change anything, which I personally doubt. Would be good to go back in and tell him how it has improved yours cars mpg :P

The two tanks before Ford did their update I got 54mpg & 49mpg. First tank since the update and I got 58mpg which is an improvement. On a run up to the coast last week I got 68mpg on the way there and 61mpg on the way home.

All three tanks were mostly (probably 80%) town/cold engine driving.

Will have to see if the improvement stays! (dealer did say to book car back in if it doesn't)

Cheers

Rog

The ECU learns your driving style I was told so when the battery is removed from the car and replugged in it can clear the data stored and the car re-learns your driving style which means the MPG can be all over the shop.. Well, so I was told once!

Shortly after getting my focus the battery died, I charged it over night so I could get to work in the morning, the car just about started to get me home so poped into the local ford dealership and asked if they would do a quick check to see if it was battery or alternator at fault. Guy on reception said yeah sure il just grab one of the mechanics before they go home at 5, bearing in mind I was there at about 4:30. Waited 5 mins and the mechanic walked into the waiting area so the reception guy asks him to do the quick check etc, explaning my situation to him, he turned round and said, nah im going home!

This anoyed me quite a bit but still took it back several weeks later because my tow bar wouldnt attach properly, the guy who looked at it was more than useless and knew less than I did about the damm thing!

I certianly wont be taking any car there again.

However Im sure, as said by others, there are good dealers out there too.

explaning my situation to him, he turned round and said, nah im going home!

Oh my word!! I would of made a complaint about that, that's disgusting!!

Oh my word!! I would of made a complaint about that, that's disgusting!!

The fact it only just made it there aswell! He had the cheek to tell me to bring it back in the morning for him to have a look at!

The fact it only just made it there aswell! He had the cheek to tell me to bring it back in the morning for him to have a look at!

I would of told him to stay and look at it.. how dare someone say 'Nah im going home' to a customer who at the end of the day pays his salary!? If he said that to everyone and no one came back... he'd be out of a job!

Christ, dealerships are awful nower days. You'd swear they don't need the business lol

he turned round and said, nah im going home!

I bet the salesman wouldnt have told you that if you were interested in buying a car from them.

The attitude of most car dealers is unreal, they ought to remember they wouldnt have a job if they didnt have customers, much like my job! :P

Rojariggs thats good that your seeing an improvement, hopefully the ford dealer I take my car to next in glasgow will be able to do something for me! :)

Rog...sounds like it may have just improved things for you which is good. I may have to go to my dealer and see what they say.

On the note of dealers, I have had a bad experience where I got my car back from warranty work to find my passenger door wouldn't open from outisde, the window motor had pretty much died and the original warranty repairs had not been rectified. Was not happy so took it to another dealer, they fixed all problems and even gave me a free courtesy car. For the problems, I mentioned to Ford relations and managed to wangle a free service, which was handy. So I agree some dealers are good and some bad but mention the grief you have experienced to ford relations and any dealer should hopefully be more willing to help

I guess I'm just really luck with the rapport I have with my dealer...

To be fair, me and my parents have always bought cars from them, even when its changed hands... the staff haven't changed however though!

Dealers don't make their money on car sales, it's on repeat customers coming back for servicing etc

So why is it the sales teams are far better than the service teams!?