Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dismissive Dealer.

Jack7

Because the salesmen are all on commission... the service team arent!!

I've worked in customer service roles and wasn't on commission, still did my best for the customer! Lazy twonks!

I can't fault the service from my dealer, Gates of Hertford:

I complained that there was a rattle from the door mirror sometimes when I closed my door - so they fitted a whole new door mirror.

I found some small stone chips on the door when washing the car a few weeks after getting the car - one of the salesman said to pop down and he touched the chips in for me.

Had another rattle from one of the doors - they had the car in twice without any hassle and sorted it.

Reprogrammed/updated the PCM to help improve fuel consumption and said to book it back in if I'm still not happy.

Everytime I book it in I get the impression it's no hassle for them and I never have to wait more than a couple of days.

Car is just over a year old and has done 17k miles.

Cheers

Rog

I found some small stone chips on the door when washing the car a few weeks after getting the car - one of the salesman said to pop down and he touched the chips in for me.

I had this with gates too... but of the Letchworth variety lol. I really cant fault them... A mate of mine had issues with stevenage branch, but he still goes there so it cant be all that bad!

Dealers don't make their money on car sales, it's on repeat customers coming back for servicing etc

So why is it the sales teams are far better than the service teams!?

When I used to go to Toyota there would always be something wrong with my car after a service. Once they smashed my lights rear lights, once they scratched my interior, sometimes the car would be manky inside after getting it back, then other times my radio station would be changed...WTF why are they listening to my radio?!

They once told me the tread was down to 5mm on the front tyres and next year when I went back it was 7mm. Magical growing tyres! I don't mind buying cars but I dread having them serviced, most garages are useless.

When I used to go to Toyota there would always be something wrong with my car after a service. Once they smashed my lights rear lights, once they scratched my interior, sometimes the car would be manky inside after getting it back, then other times my radio station would be changed...WTF why are they listening to my radio?!

They once told me the tread was down to 5mm on the front tyres and next year when I went back it was 7mm. Magical growing tyres! I don't mind buying cars but I dread having them serviced, most garages are useless.

That's dead weird, my local Toyota dealership roll out the red carpet for you!!

The local ford dealership just about service your car

I suppose it depends on location =/ It shouldn't really though ...

I've been fairly unimpressed with my local Ford dealer; everything feels like a real battle and far too much effort. It's not just Ford though, I've had some really bad experiences with BMW and MINI (although my local MINI dealer is fantastic when it comes to after sales, but appalling during the sales side of things).

My BM always went to one of two independents who were both fantastic. Main dealers to seem a bit rubbish.

I agree buying a car is less hassle than taking it back for a service.I turn my radio off now when it goes because they do seem to play with the radio.Maybe its part of the new service plan.I used to take my car for its service on a day off but then they take the !Removed! and have it from 8.30 till 5.They always say fetch it early and when I do they say we are busy so it will be a while,so I don't get it back till nearly five every time and I thinking why am I always last and when I go its still not ready for me.Now I get them to pick it up from work because its within the radius they will get it and I wont miss the car for the time I am working.Also they fetch it back before I finish work instead of when they are done.I not had any trouble with the garage as in being palmed off or damage done.They cannot be that bad if I have bought my last 4 cars from them and all serviced by them.

As if the dismissive dealer wasnt bad enough, tried to call a ford in glasgow to get it booked in there and they want to charge me £79 to "investigate" the problems that im claiming my car has! Their unbelievable! So I told them to forget it!

I've had the opposite experience - my local ford dealer has actually been really good as of late and more than helpful.

i've took my car in twice over the last week with bluetooth problems and they've done the update under warranty with no quibbles even though my car is 3 years old next week.

I'm sure being female helps though... ;)

Must say, being female certainly has not helped me in the slightest, if anything think it has hindered me, so i've come to the conclusion you probably do not look like a bulldog :P

No all joking aside, being young and female, very hard work with the local Ford. Very very unhelpful, but they will get their come uppance when they need their cars fixing and I turn them away :P

Must say, being female certainly has not helped me in the slightest, if anything think it has hindered me, so i've come to the conclusion you probably do not look like a bulldog :P

No all joking aside, being young and female, very hard work with the local Ford. Very very unhelpful, but they will get their come uppance when they need their cars fixing and I turn them away :P

lol. Are you a mechanic ?

And nice display pic by the way - very arty :)

lol. Are you a mechanic ?

And nice display pic by the way - very arty :)

haha no im not a mechanic, just the power mad receptionist that does the bookings. So if they cant get past me they cant get in :P

And thankyou very much! Somedays it looks better behing a leaf :)

haha no im not a mechanic, just the power mad receptionist that does the bookings. So if they cant get past me they cant get in :P

And thankyou very much! Somedays it looks better behing a leaf :)

Ah I see. lol.

I nearly went for squeeze. Looks good, especially in the sun

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club