Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2011 Ford Focus Mk3 1.6 Tdci Re-Map

focus11

According to the website the box ups standard output to 240 ps & 480 nm which is 10ps more than Superchips but 25 nm less - odd

No evidence or dyno tests to support these figures though

What setting have you got it set on now? take it you are off of ECO

Your findings are very different from how mine behaves

Maybe the gains are bigger and more noticeable on the smaller Focus engine?

I remember taking g my titx sport up to the lakes (which I know well) and I never got over 30mpg average coz those roads speak to me and I'm damn fast up there.

My superchipped TXS never returns less than 40 mpg brim to brim with all kinds of driving & speeds but this txs hasn't had the EGRV blanked so that may,or may not, be detrimental to mpg with the box which has been setting 2 up to the last 100 miles & now on setting 3 & there is some improvement in response

Days 8 & 9 spent covering around 300 miles around the lakes at all speeds in all gears, setting 3 is the optimum imo

Day 10 - 250 mile trip home & my conclusion is that the box does work, however on this engine, in this vehicle, a Superchips remap is more refined & better suited to me

An earlier post stating that the box is more suitable to lower base powered vehicles may or may not well have some credence - the box clearly works for those who have fitted it & posted & who am I to argue that fact ? - it is however not for me

Apart from another trip down the M4 to Bristol & back my time with this car is over & i'll be gifting the box to my mate as a thank you for letting me test it :)

Apart from another trip down the M4 to Bristol & back my time with this car is over & i'll be gifting the box to my mate as a thank you for letting me test it :)

I wish i had a generous friend like you! :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 05/01/2012 at 0:30 PM, focus11 said:

Hi Guys,

So I've found someone who can remap the new Ford Focus 1.6 TDCi, after e-mailing them a few questions:

Hi I have just a few questions:

How much will the re-map for my vehicle cost?

Also where will the nearest place be for me, or do you offer a call-out service?

Is the e-Motion unit available for my vehicle, if not, then will it be in the future?

Finally when it goes into the dealer for servicing, if they update the ECU with their own new map, will you replace it with the re-mapped software free of charge?

Thanks Regards

Their Reply was:

Thank you for your enquiry with Celtic Tuning, leaders in Electronic Engine Enhancements.

With a global dealer network and full mobile operations in England and Wales, we pride ourselves on both the quality of our software and the delivery of our work. The benefit of choosing Celtic Tuning over the competition is quite simply that, unlike most others, we actually write & develop our own software in house giving us endless flexibility to provide the tuning solution that suits you.

All of our work is developed and tested on our state of the art dynamometer, the Dastek 750. With full monitoring facilities for all engine parameters, it enables us to provide the safest software upgrades for your vehicle without detriment to the longevity of your engine/drive train and all of which is fully MOT compliant for emissions testing.

The 1.6 TDCi engines we can take from 113bhp up to 145bhp and from 199lbft torque up to 240lbft torque giving a very impressive performance gain and all within safe design tolerance of the engine and drive train components. Our ‘fast road’ software is designed to provide linear power delivery without any harshness to the acceleration, the benefit being prolonged life of your clutch and a superior drive over standard. We are also able to provide software aimed specifically at economy and also for track use in various stages.

With the fast road software upgrade you can expect to see a 2-5mpg improvement in economy, this is very much dependant however on the way in which the vehicle is driven. For testimonials of our work please follow the link: http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/testimonials.aspx

To provide added peace of mind for customers with vehicles still under warranty, we provide a FREE 12 month’s insurance backed supplementary warranty. For full terms of the warranty please download the brochure here: http://www.celtictuning.co.uk/downloads/Celtic_Tuning_Warranty.pdf

The cost of the remap is £375 all inclusive for which we travel to your location whether it is home or work place. This comes with a 14 day money back guarantee which gives you plenty of time to ensure it is exactly what you are after.

Due to the nature of the ECU, it requires removal in order to remap. The eMotion is unlikely to be available in the near future. If Ford were to reflash back to standard, we charge a £75 fee to come and put the remap back on for you.

If you wish to go ahead with the remap please forward us your contact details (address, Post Code and Phone number) and we will be in touch to arrange a booking very soon. Alternatively if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask as our technical team will be able to answer any questions you may have.

Regards

-------------------------------------------------------------

So anyone here with the same car as me contemplating whether to get it done?

Also does anyone know roughly how long this might take?

Regards

After seeing this, I think I might get it done, I have a 2015 1.6 tdci 

I begrudge paying that kinda money, it can be done without removing the ECU and the fact they are coming to do it at your home means it will be an off the shelf remap, not a bespoke map.  Is there anything wrong with that? no, itll still work, it just wont be tuned to your car but I guess my point is, that map that costs your 400 quid, was paid for along with their equipment the very first customer that purchased it and it requires next to no skill what so ever

• Like 1

That remap price is very average. When I had my 1.6 tdci focus I looked heavily into remapping it. Everyone I contacted stated the ECU has to be removed. The front nearside wheel has to come off and the wheel arch liner. To name a couple companies I contacted Bluefin Celtic Tuning and those two companies are the top two in my opinion.

The Celtic Tuning remap is more than a generic one as it has been developed on a mk3 1.6 tdci car and there are a shed load of good reviews.

When I had a 2008 mk4 mondeo tdci remapped and DPF gutted a few years ago that cost me £350 then. £395 is a very good price.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club