Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Glowplug Light Flashing And Limp Mode

1djspikey

Hi folks ;)

As i tryed to explain about my problem with my 2002 mondeo estate ghia 2.0 tdci the glowplug light flashing and going into

limp mode when i drive in 3rd 4th and 5th gears it only happens when the engine is warm and being driven hard slightly like when you need to pop around a sunday driver

this is what ive done so far !!!

(1) ive cleaned up the EGR valve and all the inlet and pipes to be honest it was very clean in side to some of the pictures ive seen the EGR valve is vacum and as a good strong suction wich ever way it works :)

(2) ive also had another look at the turbo accumulator wich is vacum and all in good movment and suction order :)

(3) ive check for cracked pipes and clips all in tacked :)

(4) checked the airflow metre looks ok theres not hunting on ilde :)

(5) engine in running nice and smooth so cant be injectors no lumps bangs walops clink clank clonk

so could it be the camshaft sensor or crank senor or inter cooler sensor ?? :unsure:

my car as done 131,112 miles.

regards spikey :wacko:

Hi folks ;)

have any of you got any ideas at all ???

i have reset the ECU and done all the esental things like let the ECU reboot before starting and take it for a steady drive and give it a blast but problem still not resolved!!

regards spikey :(

Have you access to a code reader? I'd do this and see what it brings up

• Like 1

Have you access to a code reader? I'd do this and see what it brings up

no not yet thought i see if had same problem and narrow it down before i go spend a arm and a leg :unsure:

could it be a fuel filter issue? restricting the flow of fuel required when booting it?

I agree with above though, code read is a good idea

could it be a fuel filter issue? restricting the flow of fuel required when booting it?

I agree with above though, code read is a good idea

thanks guys i will give fuel filter a go then go for a reading

!!!! the fuel filter thats on since i had it last month is some chin chang make its say on WI/QUP looks cheap and nasty :angry: what brands the best to use ??

i only give £800 cash for this car ;) ive put some pictures of the car in the gallery :P

regards spikey

thanks guys i will give fuel filter a go then go for a reading

!!!! the fuel filter thats on since i had it last month is some chin chang make its say on WI/QUP looks cheap and nasty :angry: what brands the best to use ??

i only give £800 cash for this car ;)

regards spikey

i paid £16 from eBay for a genuine/bosch part for my 2.2. dont know if they use the same filter? must be similar if not..

Nice car mate, im looking at a y reg ibiza thats 800 quid :o

Stick to Bosch or Ford fuel filters the cheap ones cause allsorts of probs

• Like 1

Stick to Bosch or Ford fuel filters the cheap ones cause allsorts of probs

cheers for that ;)

spike :)

• 1 year later...

Hi folks wink.gif

As i tryed to explain about my problem with my 2002 mondeo estate ghia 2.0 tdci the glowplug light flashing and going into

limp mode when i drive in 3rd 4th and 5th gears it only happens when the engine is warm and being driven hard slightly like when you need to pop around a sunday driver

this is what ive done so far !!!

(1) ive cleaned up the EGR valve and all the inlet and pipes to be honest it was very clean in side to some of the pictures ive seen the EGR valve is vacum and as a good strong suction wich ever way it works smile.gif

(2) ive also had another look at the turbo accumulator wich is vacum and all in good movment and suction order smile.gif

(3) ive check for cracked pipes and clips all in tacked smile.gif

(4) checked the airflow metre looks ok theres not hunting on ilde smile.gif

(5) engine in running nice and smooth so cant be injectors no lumps bangs walops clink clank clonk

so could it be the camshaft sensor or crank senor or inter cooler sensor ?? unsure.gif

my car as done 131,112 miles.

regards spikey wacko.gif

hi i have had this problem for a while now always goes into limp mode when going uphill i have just seen a mechanic i know and he slackened off the cat and took it for a drive it went to limp twice then cleared itself so my problem was the cat have you tried this ??? but just slacken it right off first 4x15mil blots on top of turbo 2x 10 mil under cat see if it works if so new cat hope this helps

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club