Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dent Cost?

james132

Just removed the 'GB' sticker on the rear of my recently bought focus to find this hidden underneath it!

DSC_8162.jpg

DSC_8163.jpg

DSC_8164.jpg

P*****d off is an understatement!

Any ideas how much this is going to cost to be put right?

Theres a small scrape on the rear bumper which I looked into getting re-sprayed which was going to cost just over £200, there is also a small scuff on bottom of the front bumper. So looking at it it may be worth a complete re-spray. If I was to go down this route what sort of money is it likley to be?

• Like 1

Methinks that easiest thing is to put a GB sticker back on... :rolleyes:

Otherwise, it's call a few mobile repair bods or get round a couple of places and get them to quote. It looks quite deep and narrow so don't know if it will pull out or end up with a big wedge of filler in there?

Your other option is of course to see if any scrappies or eBay have used boot libs in the right colour...

When you say a complete respray, do you mean the whole car? If so, you are normally looking at figures knocking on £2K :o

Cheers

Rog

Been to have a quote thismorning.

For the dent on the bootlid, small dent and scuff on the rear bumper/quater pannel + Colour coding rear bump strip, bottom of rear bumper and the fog brows looking at £450+VAT which seems alright. His also offered me discount on a service if I have all the work done and a service at the same time, from what I have heard he dose a brilliant job and is very trusted.

Spoke to him regarding a full respray which he said would be between 2 and 3K, but his honest opinion was that looking round the car it would cost no more than £1000 to have it 100% perfect. (I was just trying to give myself an excuse to have the car in panther black :P )

No wonder it had a GB sticker on it then.Put on either by previous owner before selling or garage to mask any come back.

(I was just trying to give myself an excuse to have the car in panther black :P )

It can be arranged if you want... I have a spare rattle can lying around in the garage lol! Maybe we could have some sort of collection for you mate :lol: :lol:

No wonder it had a GB sticker on it then.Put on either by previous owner before selling or garage to mask any come back.

Exactly, it was a private sale, 'mint condition body work/paint all round', wish I would have taken the sticker off the week I got it, had a the car just over a month now, if I would have seen it the week I got it I would perhaps have given the guy a call asking what had happened to the mint condition body work <_<

It can be arranged if you want... I have a spare rattle can lying around in the garage lol! Maybe we could have some sort of collection for you mate :lol: :lol:

Haha, Would be loooovley if someone wanted to pay for me :lol: Aah well, will have to put up with blue :P Its a nice colour dont get me wrong, I love it, just seems a pig to match up any alloys that go with it well :lol:

That is a sod to say the least! I cant blame you for being peeved... to compliment him - smart move - who would check under the sticker? goes to show, maybe worth pulling any stickers off before you take posession to ensure theres nothing lurking underneath, a hard lesson learned, and one I hope wont be too rediculous for you to repair, Can you put a couple of letter badges from the likes of Halfords over the top, to personalise it and disguise it in the meantime?

ok so i build historic race cars for a living for example the lotus cortina that was on kent cams stand at the nec last year all the body work was done by me and a gent that i work with also the dacar yellow capri that belongs alan sumerscales that was in classic for magazine was done by us, a respray at our place will set you back 2300k for a colour change that is to show car standered full strip down doors off the lot now for the rear bumper boot and a rear quater panel we would charge no more than £350 inc vat for the dent and col code and scuff to bumper and quater repairing we spend on adverage 90 hours on a colour change respray as a minimum

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club