Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windsreen Washer Jets (Front)

Engine Chris

While I'm having a rant about dirty windscreens (see other post), the front jets on my car are crap. Two jets with two half-hearted streams.

Anyone know of any aftermarket jets and / or uprated pump that will shower out a fan of water across the whole screen? The mother-in-law's 05 Seat Arosa does that and it's the best thing on the car!!

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

While I'm having a rant about dirty windscreens (see other post), the front jets on my car are crap. Two jets with two half-hearted streams.

Anyone know of any aftermarket jets and / or uprated pump that will shower out a fan of water across the whole screen? The mother-in-law's 05 Seat Arosa does that and it's the best thing on the car!!

Cheers,

Chris

Hi Mate,

see my guide in the list below this post on fitting mist type water jets, Click Here they will be more efficent on your screen wash and spray a foam type mist on your complete windscreen for less than £5 directly from Ford themselves B)

I can vouch for this.

The job is very easy and takes minutes.

Just remove the acoustic padding under the bonnet (if fitted) and the pipes come off with no effort at all.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Fiesta-Mk6-ST150-zetec-zetec-s-Mist-Spray-Washer-Jets-2001-/120837401648?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c22786c30

Not sure if you have heated jets or not, obviously the ones i linked are non heated.

The old jets just push towards the front of the bonnet and then push up out of the bonnet.

Reverse for fitting and enjoy.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Cheers Leonard.

I've ordered some "squishy" jets for my Mondeo from Payne's and hope to fit them soon, after watching your excellent tutorial.

Don't know how I got to watching it though as I was searching for help with my power steering leak. :D

Aparently I have to lengthen the wires for my car.

Your article has helped me twofold as my power steering "went" just as I reversed onto my drive last night and while I was ordering the jets I also bought a union to reconnect the pipe that popped out and they assure me it will be here tomorow. :)

My cup runneth over as my local tyre services ( A&F Tyres) said if I phone tomorow, one of their lads who has done the steering job before, will advise me on the best way to do the job.

Eeee! It's almost a pleasure to be broken down. lol

I've bought Ford oil in bulk ( about 20 liters, I think) from Payne's twice before but had not thought about them untill I saw your post.

Just my luck. I also might have fixed my heated screen but there's no frost here to check it with. :mellow:

Once again Leonard "Cheers". :)

Cheers Leonard.

I've ordered some "squishy" jets for my Mondeo from Payne's and hope to fit them soon, after watching your excellent tutorial.

Don't know how I got to watching it though as I was searching for help with my power steering leak. :D

Aparently I have to lengthen the wires for my car.

Your article has helped me twofold as my power steering "went" just as I reversed onto my drive last night and while I was ordering the jets I also bought a union to reconnect the pipe that popped out and they assure me it will be here tomorow. :)

My cup runneth over as my local tyre services ( A&F Tyres) said if I phone tomorow, one of their lads who has done the steering job before, will advise me on the best way to do the job.

Eeee! It's almost a pleasure to be broken down. lol

I've bought Ford oil in bulk ( about 20 liters, I think) from Payne's twice before but had not thought about them untill I saw your post.

Just my luck. I also might have fixed my heated screen but there's no frost here to check it with. :mellow:

Once again Leonard "Cheers". :)

Hi Peter,

thank you very much for joining the forum and feeling the need to get in contact with me,

im delighted to read that my guide has been of assistance to you, and since you are now a member of the forum you will be able to see my list of guides below this post and you may find some more that interest you.

its unfortunate to read of your power steering failure too, but you seem to have the problem well under control and regarding the headted windscreen if you have a small flat tray like a baking tray for the oven in the kitchen,

apply a small layer of water on to it and put it in the freezer, then when frozen take the thin sheet of ice out of the tin and stick it to your windscreen and switch on the heater, you will soon see if your windscreen heater is functioning as it should.

once again mate, thank you very much its always good to recieve positive feedback. :)

I've not fitted my jets yet but i do believe the wires need to be made longer to fit the mondeo (if yours are the heated type)

• 4 months later...

mondeo wires if heated do indeed need to be made longer, mist jets are great job and very easy to fit. when buying go to ford dealer because the ones above at 11 quid (non heated) i bought for my wifes fiesta and cost me just under 6 quid and the heated jets were only 20p more expencive. fleebay can be quite expencive for some things if you dont realise.

I've not fitted my jets yet but i do believe the wires need to be made longer to fit the mondeo (if yours are the heated type)

Fit the old cables to the new jets.

• 5 months later...

I've got the heated type on the car, bought and fitted the appropriate fan-type no bother without any wiring mods. The jets are a great improvement over the originals - although they do hit the windscreen a little low when at speed. Not a problem as you just wash for longer :)

In the freezing weather they are great! Mind you, this is the first car I've owned with a heated front screen and that is awesome! No more de-icer required...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club