Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fitting New Boost Gauge Advice

1djspikey

Hi all ;)

i would like to fit a new boost gauge on my 2002 mondeo estate ghia 2.0 tdci but a bit unsure wich pipe to tap in to ive fitted them in the past but to be honest im not up to scratch with these cars :ph34r:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/60MM-0-2-Bar-SMOKED-FACE-TURBO-BOOST-GAUGE-FIX-KIT-/160707011572?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item256ae263f4

regards spike :P

Having a similar discussion with Lenny about his 1.6TDCi... ill see what i can find out...

• Like 1

Having a similar discussion with Lenny about his 1.6TDCi... ill see what i can find out...

TOP Man Dave :D

and ive read that diesel engines dont have vacume on them so if you havent bought a boost gauge yet mate, id recommend buying one with no vacume and that displays around 3-4 bar pressiure because diesel boost is much higher than petrol mate,

according to haynes manual my 1.6TDCi runs 3.2bar at 4500rpm im fitting this one Click Here

these are also good for diesel boost levels Click Here or Click Here or Click Here and this is a very good deal but has vac on the gauge Click Here ;)

3.2 Bar!! thats 46PSI! surely not!

And the ST runs 1.2 at a push lol ;) Pathetic petrol boost! i could give more air by blowing into the engine lol!!!

thanks for that you two but why is there no vacume on engine on these cars as i fitted one on my old toyota hilux surf wich was a 3lt tdi and there was a vacume valve pipe line that i tapped in to what the best way to conect a boost gauge to the tdci enginge.

and no i havent bought a gauge yet but the ones you put on are ok

regards spike

:lol: i like it :lol: TDCiST !!

thanks for that you two but why is there no vacume on engine on these cars as i fitted one on my old toyota hilux surf wich was a 3lt tdi and there was a vacume valve pipe line that i tapped in to what the best way to conect a boost gauge to the tdci enginge.

and no i havent bought a gauge yet but the ones you put on are ok

regards spike

Your probably best to tap into a similar place to Lenny, on the intercooler pipe... unless your engine has similar to the 1.8 tdci, which has a tap and pipe in already.

• Like 1

my engine is 2.0lt euro3 with the EGR valve at the back righthand side !! were would i notice around the innercooler to tap in

heres a pic of engine

IMG_0101.jpg

whereabouts is your turbo mate?

turbo is on the back of the engine,

which is under the silver panel on the top of the picture ;)

• Like 1

whereabouts is your turbo mate?

under the silver plate at the back of the engine i beleive the acumlator is vacume has you can see in picture with the pipe going to it ;)

edited oops sorry lenny you beat me to it :lol:

• Like 1

I see.. so i wonder if you can tap off the actuator feed...

Its proven to work if you take it from the intercooler pipe, without physically seeing the engine i cant tell if that actuator pipe goes to the Intercooler pipes...

You could get another bit of small hose, and a T piece and try it... no harm eh... before you go cutting into anything!

• Like 1

I see.. so i wonder if you can tap off the actuator feed...

Its proven to work if you take it from the intercooler pipe, without physically seeing the engine i cant tell if that actuator pipe goes to the Intercooler pipes...

You could get another bit of small hose, and a T piece and try it... no harm eh... before you go cutting into anything!

yeah it sound a good there i will give it a go i got an old boost gauge somewere i can probly use that for temp.

i could trace were the pipe goes to from the acumlator if it runs to the intercooler that would be a bonus then :P

cheers

spike :)

• Like 1

Chattin to a few others, they all seem to think tapping the intercooler pipe (Pre Intercooler) is the better option. But by all means try that other line first...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club