Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto Fold Mirrors

Muskydo

Thankyou , I've just done this with my passenger mirror & it's worked , no more trying to come in further than it should , no more clicking :) :) :)

• 4 months later...

Hi all, 1st time poster so be gentle with me!!

My wife has a 2008 fiesta that has started the wing mirror clicking issue on both sides, I've stumbled on this forum and the solution via Google and I'm pleased to say that like so many others the fix seemed to have worked..........BUT after testing the fix had worked on the passenger side by locking and unlocking a couple of times both wing mirrors have now stopped working all together and don't fold in or out :-(.

Needless to say I went from hero to zero in moments as far as the wife was concerned, has anyone else experienced this and/or can anyone suggest what the problem might be and how can I fix it?

Thanks in advance of any assistance.

had this on my 08 plate did my head in on my 13 plate its nice not to have the click

• 4 months later...

the mirror has started clicking again.This fix no longer works this is third time ive had to do this fix. I think the wing is knacked now.

• 10 months later...

I have found this information on another forum and thought I would add it as it might be useful for others - I have not tried it yet, hopefully I will get a chance at the weekend(weather permitting!)This might manage to reset the mirror and stop the clickingtake off the mirror control paneldisconnect the loomset the mirror all the way forward to the front on the carlock the car then plug the loom back inthe mirror should then fold all the way indisconnect the loom and unlock the car then fold the mirror all the way forward againlock the car and reconnect the loomthis time the mirror will only come to the normal open positiondisconnect the loom againunlock the carfold the mirror in to the closed positionreconnect the loomlock the carthe motor will then catch up with the mirror position and should be back to normal when you unlock the car and then lock it again no clicking on close you may need to play around with the sequence a bit to get yours right the first time"

• Like 1

I had the same problem only the left mirror was clicking ,this has been for over a year .then my drivers side started clicking. I read the thread about disconnecting the loom, I started in the right side mirror after about 40 minuets of following the instructions I got it to work properly. After that I found that to follow the instructions better I printed them out and numbered each action 1-11 because you forget what stage you are at. I then started on the left mirror and did this after about 15 minuets. This was August 14 and both mirrors are working ok at the moment .

• 3 months later...

hi guys
my driver mirror is clicking and doesnt fold at all (passanger mirror is ok)
how do you take the mirror control panel
i can only suceed to pry the circle thing and pull it towards the seat a little bit but i cannot pull more to reach to the cable
does the whole plastic needs to come out ? that is around the knob ?

I had the passenger one replaced at about 2yrs old. The driver side is now folding out too far . It's 9yrs old now.

hi guys

my driver mirror is clicking and doesnt fold at all (passanger mirror is ok)

how do you take the mirror control panel

i can only suceed to pry the circle thing and pull it towards the seat a little bit but i cannot pull more to reach to the cable

does the whole plastic needs to come out ? that is around the knob ?

anyone ?

Pull the whole triangular bit off starting from the point closest the front of the car

Pull the whole triangular bit off starting from the point closest the front of the car

ok that worked now i cannot unplug the black loom with only pulling , does it have clips that needs to be unclipped with screwdriver ?

also i see white connector which i suspect is only for the driver mirror

What are you trying to unplug?

To remove the actual loom from the door you need to take out the round connector in the door shut, the electric window switch and then finally the mirror.

If you're trying to remove the mirror, unclip the connector from the door and unplug it

If you're trying to remove the plastic trim with the switch in then there's a connector going into the back of the switch. Push the connector further into the switch and then squeeze in the clip, pull it out

• 2 years later...

Help needed just fitted the power folding mirrors and wiring looms plus the switch (drivers side) but they still won’t power fold in or out they move up and down do I need to add any more fuses or relays if so where do they go

59 minutes ago, Dan_C said:

Mine is doing this with the passenger side wing mirror.

Doing what?

13 hours ago, GingerFlame said:

Doing what?

Clicking 7 times even after the mirrors have folded inwards after locking.

9 hours ago, Dan_C said:

Clicking 7 times even after the mirrors have folded inwards after locking.

try folding them back on themselves asif a car has hit them. Then lock the car 

• 3 years later...
On 12/28/2013 at 11:14 PM, frund said:

Went like... uncover loom joint ( in the triangle bit of door) Push mirror to open position..not forcing anything..key was in off pos. also loom seperated. So mirror is now in the usual driving pos. Plug in loom.. car on using remote key. Switch off. Unplug loom. Pull mirror to closed position. Switch on again. Be amazed already ....or if not try again. There is no need to force anything. Send money to frund at..........

Hi Frund, your instructions don’t make sense?)