Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 Ford Fusion (Us)

2011fiesta

2013 FORD MONDEO PICS

Came across this article while browsing Yahoo news, its American's 2013 Ford Fusion (OUR 2013 FORD MONDEO). Looks very Taurus inspired. I like it. The rear makes me think it may be able to compete with the likes of the VW Passat CC etc.

As Ford are into the whole 'global car' concept therefore making this same vehicle available worldwide we're getting it too, (badged up as 'Mondeo' of course when hitting British soils)...

Heres a (US) article on it: ( Article from - http://autos.yahoo.com/blogs/motoramic/detroit-auto-show-2012-ford-pushes-fusion-100-050622298.html )

Detroit Auto Show 2012: Ford pushes the 2013 Fusion to 100 mpg

Fusion-top.jpg

Later this year, Ford Motor Co. will launch this: the 2013 Ford Fusion midsize sedan in three variations — including a plug-in hybrid that gets 100 mpg, besting every other liquid-powered vehicle for sale to the American public. It could be a winning equation, but there's a few key variables Ford hasn't revealed.

The current Fusion has turned into a mainstay of Ford's lineup, and the most popular car built by an American automaker, with sales hitting 248,067 in 2011. For its redesign, Ford will run the same play it's called on with the smaller Fiesta and Focus −- build one version of the Fusion for sale worldwide, using the Mondeo name in Europe and elsewhere, to lower costs while raising quality. Assembled in Mexico and Michigan, styled in Europe to follow the new Ford global look, two of its three engines will be built in Spain and England.

All three of those engines will be four-cylinder units, in line with the trend among downsized motors for midsize sedans. The base 2-liter four returns with 170 hp and 170 lb.-ft. of torque; the top engine is now a 2-liter EcoBoost turbocharged plant with 237 hp and 250 lb.-ft. of torque — a step down from the top 3.5-liter V6 offered now.

hybridfusion.jpg

The middle engine is a 1.6-liter EcoBoost turbo — a tiny engine for a midsize sedan, but one capable of 179 hp and 172 lb.-ft. of torque. Ford expects that model to hit 26 mpg in the city and 37 mpg on the highway, which should top the class. Ford will also aim to entice buyers with technology, such as an automated lane-keeping system and voice-controlled entertainment.

Of those 248,067 Fusions sold last year, just over 10,000 were Fusion Hybrids, which while garnering praise for handling cost several thousand dollars more than a regular version. Ford says thanks to a new lithium-ion battery pack and a smaller 2-liter engine, the Fusion Hybrid should get 47 mpg in city driving and 44 mpg on the highway, good for substantial bragging rights over the Toyota Camry and Hyundai Sonata hybrids.

fusionenergi.jpg

But it's the plug-in version, named the Fusion Energi by Ford's Department of Redundanci Dept., that can achieve the equivalent of 100 mpg — 8 better than the Chevy Volt, and 13 mpg more than the Toyota Prius plug-in hybrid. But Ford disclosed no other details about the plug-in — such as how far it can travel on electricity alone, how big its battery pack will be and just how much it will cost.

That number will be the key to whether the Fusion Energi might be positioned as a plug-in hybrid for the masses or just another expensive science project. Ford's all-electric Focus just going into production has a sticker of $39,995 before a $7,500 federal tax credit. If the Fusion Energi has a similar price, the vast majority of Fusions sold will drive on hydrocarbons rather than electrons.

That is a sweet sweet motor... I really really like it... Compared to the old Giesta based fusion anyway, IMHO this is much better...

That is a sweet sweet motor... I really really like it... Compared to the old Giesta based fusion anyway, IMHO this is much better...

I love it. Finally we are getting Ford USA standard vechicles on this side of the pond.

Ford USA's site: http://www.ford.com/...gallery/photos/

Found these today too:

13_fusion_int.jpg

2013-ford-fusion-hybrid-interior.jpg

And look - no ugly hand-break, just a nice button for the electric parking brake. biggrin.gif

Yeah it does look good, the Fusion really has taken a leap forward several dimensions! out of curiosity did you mean to label the thread Mondeo, or should it have been Fusion?

:)

Yeah it does look good, the Fusion really has taken a leap forward several dimensions! out of curiosity did you mean to label the thread Mondeo, or should it have been Fusion?

:)

Originally I meant fusion hence the US in brackets. I then later noticed in the article is said the uk would get this too but branded as mondeo - only I can't change my thread title now. :-s

Any mods around with a spare minute??

Thanks

I really like this, could be a worthy contender when I replace the Focus ;)

Can't say I'm too impressed with that interior though, it's a bit too American. Hopefully they'll give it a bit of flair for the UK version...

Can't say I'm too impressed with that interior though, it's a bit too American. Hopefully they'll give it a bit of flair for the UK version...

I like it. What would you change/prefer to give it a bit of 'flair'?

Paul :)

I like it. What would you change/prefer to give it a bit of 'flair'?

Paul :)

I love the exterior - very Jag XF/Aston Martin. Ford look as if they've played it a bit safe on the inside for my liking. The Fiesta interior was one of the main reasons I bought mine because it felt like such a cool and modern car (when compared to Corsa's and 207's and the like), and the Focus was similar despite the handbrake!

I guess that the Mondeo is intended to be a more grown up car though, designed to attract people away from ze German brands. The interior would need to match the quality of say a 3 Series BMW rather than being a bit funky, so I can't blame Ford.

Maybe my tastes will mature by the time it's on sale B)

@jamesadam90

I love the exterior - very Jag XF/Aston Martin. Ford look as if they've played it a bit safe on the inside for my liking. The Fiesta interior was one of the main reasons I bought mine because it felt like such a cool and modern car (when compared to Corsa's and 207's and the like), and the Focus was similar despite the handbrake!

I guess that the Mondeo is intended to be a more grown up car though, designed to attract people away from ze German brands. The interior would need to match the quality of say a 3 Series BMW rather than being a bit funky, so I can't blame Ford.

Maybe my tastes will mature by the time it's on sale B)

@jamesadam90

Ah right, I agree with you on everything there.

I thought the fiestas interior was better looking than all its competitors too. Since sitting in the Focus though I like its larger seats and the lower driving position. Looks even better with the My Ford Touch in in the American Titaniums/SELs.

Actually I like most of the American Ford interiors, especially the 2011 Ford Edge's - I could see my self driving that beast - the sport edition of course :D

Ah right, I agree with you on everything there.

I thought the fiestas interior was better looking than all its competitors too. Since sitting in the Focus though I like its larger seats and the lower driving position. Looks even better with the My Ford Touch in in the American Titaniums/SELs.

Actually I like most of the American Ford interiors, especially the 2011 Ford Edge's - I could see my self driving that beast - the sport edition of course :D

I defo like the buttonless look that My Ford Touch brings. Just googled the Edge, looks great in black ;) The front reminds me of an Evoque a little bit (not that that's a bad thing!). Ford do have some interesting looking stuff for the American market. Might be worth a fly-drive trip one day!

. Might be worth a fly-drive trip one day!

I'd love that! I'm definitely doing that some day - one huge american road trip with a few city breaks here and there would be 'awesome'!

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club