Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help!!!

Mally

Hello Guys.

Need some help with my 03 Focus LX.

It had its MOT last week and passed but since then my dashboard hasn't been working properly, none of the needle indicators are working so i dont know how fast im going, how much fuel i've got and how many revs im doing etc. when i say it doesn't work its more tempremental also my front window wipers are not working properly either when i push the stick on my steering wheel its supposed to do one wipe but it stops mid-way on the windscreen when i let go of the stick, but it gets more awkward if the dashboard works the window wiper doesn't when i push it down once and if the wiper works the dashboard doesn't so i think there's a connection between them and I have checked all the fuses and there fine,I took it back to the garage that MOT'd my car and there not sure of the problem they think an ignition barrel might sort it but i dont want to pay money if it wont work and ive been told to charge my battery for 5-6 hours.

Any/All Help will be much Appriciated.

Thanks.

Adam.

I would remove the cluster and check for a lose conection , as for the wiper it could be the switch or relay playing up

I would remove the cluster and check for a lose conection , as for the wiper it could be the switch or relay playing up

I would get this sooner rather than later, you will be driving your vehicle in an unroadworthy and dangerous condition, and you dont want to get pulled for it! you could always remove the cluster and give it a dose of WD40 on the back and try again, see if that helps...

Hey guys thank you for the information but i may need to be thick for a minute when you say the cluster do you mean the light cluster?

Hey guys thank you for the information but i may need to be thick for a minute when you say the cluster do you mean the light cluster?

The dashboard / instrument cluster :) if you arent too confident doing this yourself, it may be worth taking to a reputable indie mechanic, and asking him/her to do the honours :)

Good Luck, please do let us know the outcome!

i tried taking the cluster out myself and did pretty well was fairly easy but i didnt really know what to do once i had the cluster out? and yesterday my dashboard had a real funny turn, it all started working while i was driving then it stopped again and then i had lights flashing around my dials?

please help again :wacko:

Flashing lights? are you sure you fitted the dash in place and secured the connections?

Re check again , but its looking like the cluster has a bad solder connection , you may need a guy with a soldering iron and a tester to test the connections

I had a similar issue with me Ford fiesta MK5, where all the gauges on the dash did funny things.

Three days later my computer box packed up.....

Just hope you don't have the same issue ......

• 5 weeks later...

hi guys sorry about the late reply but its sorted now i took it to anumber of garages and they all said the same thing.....needed a new cluster so have one now and its fine apparently its a common problem that happens with fords 2000-03 reg models.

Did they tell you what was wrong with the cluster?

I'm willing to bet it was a short connected to condensation.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club