Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Whos Installed A Double Din Into Mk7?

D4nz0

It's £180 but you need to break down what they are including at typical eBay (or equiv) prices for parts like these:

Two fascia panels (top screen & main unit) = £35 each = £70

ISO lead = £10

Other accessories (can't make out what they are!) = So let's say = £5

Control unit to allow use of steering wheel remote controls = £70

That's already up to £155 based on low, estimated prices.

Depending on the coding required, the steering wheel modules can be very expensive (I remember paying over £100 a few years back for one).

£180 for just a fascia is a lot but this is not just a fascia that they are selling! You also have the benefit of someone else finding the various bits and bobs you need to make it work without the hassle.

where you finding these prices? £70 for the wiring to use the steering controls?

Estimated prices based on what I've paid in the past when upgrading HUs. I don't know about the new Fiesta but the steering wheel control adapter can easily be £70 on many cars.

I was just trying to show that, while £180 seems a lot for a package, it it quite a comprehensive kit and that the individual components do add up.

Yeah man, I getcha. Seems to be that if I want to avoid the.cheap and nasty, its gonna be very expensive. Still to add a £500 head unit plus an amp to my already bought kit, then install it all in one go....

• 1 year later...

I know this is an old topic, but you ever get round to fitting an aftermarket stereo? I'm up for replacing the standard head unit in my MK7 and wondered if you had any success?

Tanks in advance.

Steve

Don't do it Steve! Aftermarket ruins the look of the dash in a MK7, makes me cry a lil each time I see one.

These don't look good at all. With iNath on this for once :rolleyes:

There must be a way to make it look good, I do like the stock stereo but it would be nice to integrate a sat nav system into it. I hate having an ugly thing stuck to my windscreen.

Has anyone ever mounted a tablet into the dash?

• 5 months later...

We have been looking to upgrade the headunit in my son's 58 plate Mk7 and agree the readily available double DIN fascia replacement really spoils the look of the Mk7 dash.

However we have seen these (below) which seem to look really good and from the Youtube vids seem to work OK. Are there many members who have purchased this and can give some feedback as to their thoughts on the product? It appears to be using iGo satnav s/w on Windows CE 6.0.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ETO-Ford-Fiesta-Touch-Screen-Stereo-GPS-Navigation-Nav-Auto-Radio-Car-Headunit-/271097678694?pt=US_Video_In_Dash_Units_w_GPS&hash=item3f1eae4b66

These Youtube vids show it in action:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=_xs44grhh7A

I did find one other thread where a member was selling his but that is the only one I can find:-

http://www.fordownersclub.com/forums/topic/43680-fs-fiesta-mk7-aftermarket-stereo-dvd-gps-etc/

Any feedback would be useful, for instance if there is something similar that fits in the display like this product as it really seems to enhance the dash. Thanks.

My only problem is Windows CE is absolute junk :/

• 9 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I too have been looking into changing my head unit however, am I right in thinking the facia doesn't incorporate the hazard and c/locking buttons?

I think this looks great! I would consider getting this for my St . Chances of finding one completely compatible though are slim I reckon

• 4 months later...

I am thinking of changing mine to a double din stereo but have a couple of questions.

1: Why do these packs come with a top piece fascia for the screen when the car already has one? Is it a different size?

2: If I do go double din but keep the stock Ford screen above, what will the screen display? The time?

thanks

• 2 years later...

Hi!

Has anyone got any further with fitting a double din and making it look relatively close to stock. If there was a facia similar to the windows all in one above, that would be perfect  

Thanks 

• 2 months later...

Hello iam new to all of this i recently installed a double din in my feista m7 2009 and when i come to turn the car off the head unit stayed on so i had to turn off buy hand and wen i turn the car on i had to turn it on buy hand can u tell me why this is i have wired it to the user manual of the head unit and i brought the proper iso lead for the car 

• 2 months later...
On 02/06/2017 at 6:15 PM, Anthonypointon said:

Hello iam new to all of this i recently installed a double din in my feista m7 2009 and when i come to turn the car off the head unit stayed on so i had to turn off buy hand and wen i turn the car on i had to turn it on buy hand can u tell me why this is i have wired it to the user manual of the head unit and i brought the proper iso lead for the car 

Do you lose memory settings aswell if you do try swapping the yellow wire with the red wire you might be using permanent live on the on off side and memory on the switching side 

• 9 months later...

Hi, I'm trying  to upgrade my standard car audio in a 2013 fiesta van. If I upgrade to a double din type, will I lose the menu function that I already have on the control facia?

I'm concerned as this function give's me access to various car settings.

I've asked at Halford and they tell me that I will lose that access to the car settings which seems a little silly.

no, you won't lose access to the vehicle settings if you buy the right kit. on mine I push the voice button on the steering wheel for 5 seconds to access the menu then just use the steering wheel audio buttons to make the changes you require.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club