Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus 1.6Tdci Remaped

smiffy180

Well got my car remaped today and well..... Im not impressed? Its smoother granted, mpg seems worse on flats but better uphill? :S and it doesnt feel any faster? The guy said to allow a couple of days for the ecu to fully kick in. Anyone else experienced this? Id have thought 109hp to roughly 137hp would make a massive difference?

Give it a couple of days for the ECU to settle down and learn your driving style again.

If it still doesn't improve pop back to them and they should be happy to assist you.

Not so convinced on the ECU settling in thing for improvements... You should still notice an improvement instantly! I have on every other car i have driven thats been remapped... If your not happy get the guy back.

It can take a couple of days for the ECU to settle and relearn sensor limits etc, but if its a decent map it won't need to.

Had my foot down earlier, its picked up now, a lot quicker. Maybe the ecu is just settling down? Well dpf removal is planned next so i can get a better map then

I'd wait for the DPF removal... at least until April, when the new MOT regs are in force...

Ohh... I thought dpf wouldnt be affected? Thought it was maf or sommet? Was planning around that time anyway :)

Its all a grey area... But i believe it may come down to If its fitted as standard, it should be there at MOT time...

Boooo haha, ill wait untill they change the law then, however i have a few garages near mine that will pass you as long as the cars fit to drive. They're not fussed about the rest haha

i have a few garages near mine that will pass you as long as the cars fit to drive. They're not fussed about the rest haha

Handy People to know them... ;)

Boooo haha, ill wait untill they change the law then, however i have a few garages near mine that will pass you as long as the cars fit to drive. They're not fussed about the rest haha

Until they have someone who has an accident due to unchecked cars and the Garage loses it's MOT licence.

Not to be a fly in the ointment but the MOT is there for everyones safety.

I know some garages milk it for extra unneccessary work but ones that pass cars that are not road fit are helping no-one.

Really don't mean to come over all officious, just being the voice of common sense.

You wouldn't be happy if a doctor said you were healthy only for you to drop dead of a heart attack in the reception area.

Think about it, if the Garage is not carrying out a proper MOT, what else are they cutting corners on?

Would you trust one of these mechanics with your brakes?

(Climbing off high horse)

I do agree with you stoney, but for those of us that hate the ideas of expensive DPFs and CATs, and get the oppurtunity to get them removed for a fraction of the price when they block up, or for performance gains, surely its not the end of the world if the car is mechanically good to "gloss over the fact a DPF is missing"

I mean thats hardly going to kill anyone... yeah ok, emissions may go up a bit, but in most cases it doesnt change.

I know you probably cant comment about it, as it would probably land u in the doodoo with work by saying anything lol!

Until they have someone who has an accident due to unchecked cars and the Garage loses it's MOT licence.

Not to be a fly in the ointment but the MOT is there for everyones safety.

I know some garages milk it for extra unneccessary work but ones that pass cars that are not road fit are helping no-one.

Really don't mean to come over all officious, just being the voice of common sense.

You wouldn't be happy if a doctor said you were healthy only for you to drop dead of a heart attack in the reception area.

Think about it, if the Garage is not carrying out a proper MOT, what else are they cutting corners on?

Would you trust one of these mechanics with your brakes?

(Climbing off high horse)

Agreed with tdcist but my me they will only give the mot if the car is road worthy, they just cut a few corners like emissions if the smoke isnt bad. My last car was on its last legs and he passed it but advised, and really advised i get a new exhaust (for the next mot because it wouldnt pass next time)

I do agree with you stoney, but for those of us that hate the ideas of expensive DPFs and CATs, and get the oppurtunity to get them removed for a fraction of the price when they block up, or for performance gains, surely its not the end of the world if the car is mechanically good to "gloss over the fact a DPF is missing"

I mean thats hardly going to kill anyone... yeah ok, emissions may go up a bit, but in most cases it doesnt change.

I know you probably cant comment about it, as it would probably land u in the doodoo with work by saying anything lol!

Indeed...

My personal views are of course my personal views. ;)

My public views are public. :blink:

I cannot publicly condone anything which is likely to incite unlawful acts or deeds.

Of course you can't be punished for what you think...

I think that not everyone has money to burn.

very well put stoney lol!!

I like to be diplomatic and subtle.

I learned that pretty early on in my line of work.

Crashing in with size 12's doesn't always get good results. :rolleyes:

DPF removal is a tricky territory to get into, I spent some time researching it, the good the bad and the ugly sides of it, needless to say (respectively) there was a little good, a fair amount of bad, and a whole lot more ugly, when it came to the authorities advice on whether or not it was an illegal practice...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club