Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Washer Fluid Warning

ChrisH

56 plate focus zetec climate....

I was under the impression that this model had a low washer fluid warning system. its never seemed to work, and I am not sure its even fitted... Have run out of fluid on a few occasions, quite inconveniently, and I wondered...

1.. How to tell if its even fitted.

2.. if it is, where is it, and what could be wrong.

I have trawled the haynes manual, but there appears to be no fuse for this, and even been onto the Ford Etis site, and looked up my exact car specs, and although it does not say it has this system, it dosnt say it hasny either, as this site appears to tell you what options are not fitted as well

If it isnt fitted, is there an aftermarket fit available for this??

Thanks for any help

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ChrisH

• artscot79

• Lenny

• sparkymark75

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I have a zetec climate too, albeit a 57 plate and mine doesn't have this feature either. How they expect you to check the fluid level I don't know. It can be annoying when driving in adverse weather and finding that there is no washer fluid left. Maybe Ford can activate it on the ecu alternatively just keep topping it up every week.

Had 2 Focus and i've never encoutered it so under impression it doesnt come with this feature

No, mine doesn't have that either.

Can be a pain at times.

I always make sure I'm carrying a bottle of ready mixed just in case.

My 55 plate Mk2 Zetec Climate does have this feature, yet the Missus' 59 plate Zetec doesn't.

i have a 2010 Zetec Focus and it doesn't have the feature neither, but i have been looking in the haynes manual for the focus 2005-2010 and the wiring loom is their for the washer fluid warning sensor, so its strange no one has the feature,

the only ''solution'' (parden the pun) i can think of is to fit the new Mk3 focus Mist type jets to the car because they use a mist instead of squirting water and the mist type will save you on fluid.

see my guide in the list below for fitting theses, they cost less than £5 from Ford B)

I had it on my 55 Zetec TDCI - quite upset I dont have it on the new car, but it was definately there on the Zetec, I never physically ran out, as I was able to respond to the dashboards advisory...

cant comment ive always topped mine up weekly in winter and monthly in summer so its never ran low

Looks like its pretty random if its fitted or not....

@lenny, I had already followed your very informative guide, on fitting the mist jets :P

Looks like its pretty random if its fitted or not....

@lenny, I had already followed your very informative guide, on fitting the mist jets :P

Thanks,

im all out of ideas for you then mate, ill see if i can do a guide on fitting a reserve fuel tank from a yamaha R1 to a ford focus windscreen washer tank,

give me a couple of days :lol:

My titanium ran out of fluid with no dashboard notifications -would of though that model would have it - random!!

seemingly beyond random! this is an unusual circumstance... I could understand the odd Zetec being missed out (if they decided to upgrade an LX or style just to get rid of the parts) but to miss it out on a Titanium? that is poor! - Unless of course your car was an LX in the factory, they fitted all the additionals, but then gave someone else the last remaining warning light? so you got the full package - minus this one ? lol

Either that or the sensor isn't working, can't be arsed to remove the inner wheel arch cover to check - plus mist jets probably mean it will take a year to run out lol

Either that or the sensor isn't working, can't be arsed to remove the inner wheel arch cover to check - plus mist jets probably mean it will take a year to run out lol

56 plate focus zetec climate....

I was under the impression that this model had a low washer fluid warning system. its never seemed to work, and I am not sure its even fitted... Have run out of fluid on a few occasions, quite inconveniently, and I wondered...

1.. How to tell if its even fitted.

2.. if it is, where is it, and what could be wrong.

I have trawled the haynes manual, but there appears to be no fuse for this, and even been onto the Ford Etis site, and looked up my exact car specs, and although it does not say it has this system, it dosnt say it hasny either, as this site appears to tell you what options are not fitted as well

If it isnt fitted, is there an aftermarket fit available for this??

Thanks for any help

in section 12.30 Wiring Diagrams of the haynes manual

Diagram: Typical Instrument Cluster

unit number 64 on that diagram is the low washer fluid level switch

wires feeding to it are both black and orange and lead from the instrument cluster

positive feed from the instrument cluster and the earth feed comes from the brake fluid level switch and earths near by.

Thanks Lenny... I must have missed that.

I will have a look at the wiring diagram, then pull the bottle out, see what the wiring is like.

Cheers

Chris

I topped mine up the other day, i may empty the tank to see if i have it lol!

no prob mate,

the haynes manual isint the most user friendly book for the price you pay and the volume they sell,

you would expect the pages to have some colour and a better layout on them,

Its weired that our cars do not have such sensors.

Brake pad wear warning light

Low Washer Fluid Level Light

Low oil Warning Light

The Mk1 Sierra (Sept 1982-march 1986) has the above warning lights.

So our cars although more technologically advanced and have more safety equipment etc etc have taken a step back in (Clean hands Warning Lights)

Also A Light Under the Bonnet so we can see what the f*** we are doing in the dark.

Jamie

I can confirm the sensor is on the reservoir (obviously haha) as I had to change my pump once!

Ive just seen a video on Youtube, displaying the low washer fluid light, but no more info...

Ive just seen a video on Youtube, displaying the low washer fluid light, but no more info...

I have just seen that video as well..... If the loom is there, then it should be a simple matter of getting the correct pump then??

maybe... or maybe its a ECU option...

That would be typical :rolleyes:

You know, sometimes I yearn back to my younger days, contact breaker points, dizzies and carbs, and not this fancy ECU nonsense :D :D

Agreed^^^

Ill just adjust the fuel, get it running better, or a bit more power... WITH ONE SCREW!!! lol

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club