Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Fiesta 1.3 '99 Heater Not Working (Hcv Already Replaced)

Simon Field

Hello, I have a 1.3 '99 Ford fiesta. I currently have no heating. The blower motor is working. But when I switch from cold to hot, even after 20minutes motorway driving I still have no heat. I have checked the coolant level, which is fine. I replaced the heater control valve around 8 months ago, and I may have to check it again. The 2 pipes on the heater control valve are warm facing away from the cockpit but the 2 valves closest to the cockpit are cold. I replaced the main thermostat near enough the same time. Any ideas?

• 9 months later...

Hi,

I have just recently sorted Fiesta heating problems.

1, If HCV is hot on engine side and not on cabin side replace the HCV with two small pieces of copper tube (for the winter at least)

Even new aftermarket ones are known to last a very short time...even hours!

If not that then try... flushing the whole system and bleeding it and failing that check the little radiator attached to the oil filter housing, that's what mine was.

Sounds like the solenoid on the HCV is stuck closed. Disconnect the electrical connection to it and put a multimeter on it to test the voltage with the ignition on. The voltage should vary as you adjust the heater control knob. If it isnt, then its the heater control panel that sits behind the knob thats gone and needs replacing. If the voltage does vary, then you need another HCV.

If it was an aftermarket one, you can more or less guarantee it will fail quickly. One from Ford should cost less than £40.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club